World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ Beta Test Invitation

Well, I now have a level 30 Troll Feral Druid. Getting there has been REALLY fun. Contested zones in Cataclysm are actually contested zones where the horde battles the alliance and thanks to the new phasing system, you actually affect that battle and how it goes. For the first time, I was actually emotionally moved by a quest-line in WoW. The leveling experience of WoW has been drastically improved and I think, instead of saying to yourself, "Finally, I'm level 58 so I can leave Azeroth and get to the Outlands" you'll say "Well, I'm 60 now, I suppose I have to go to the Outlands. I can't wait till 78 so I can start Cataclysm quests again." I will now add a couple of screen shots that I took because beta can be amusing when some of the programming is missing.
38805_1161204046226_1711578819_316795_3322895_n.jpg

This is my troll druid dancing, without a skin
38805_1161204086227_1711578819_316796_5190166_n.jpg

This is what happens when you put your water effects too high on your video settings....it disappears!(my graphics card can take it...it just doesn't exist)

Got my Undead Hunter up to level 20. The Undead start zone story is truly epic. Even if you don't play Horde, it's worth playing a toon 1-20 to experience it. Very cool.

Myself and Renee got an invite at exactly the same time. (Today: 10-1-2010) I don't think it's a coincidence. I wonder, with the release date near, if this is part of Blizzards plan to lure back ppl with inactive accounts. It would make sense.

but did it work or will it work ;)

I had enough enthusiasm for the worgen to download the beta and take a look. Unfortunately one of the key quests (shape-shifter ability) was broken and the work-around that allowed the ability to work also transported me a million miles away to Darnassus.

Eh, it's free until the beta ends so I may check in from time to time and add some more levels to my toon.

Oh, and Worgen actually have an implemented sound when they /growl. Kinda adds to their cool factor.

I like the laugh too.

Lvl 17 and I enjoyed the worgen starting area over-all and I'm enjoying the changes to darkshore. It's not tedious as I thought it might be since the race, quests and area is different. (Taking a year off is also a contributing factor)

No real challenge yet though. (other than figuring out how to get around the bugs that interfere with the quest chains: 3 so far.) Leveling has been a joke in terms of difficulty so far. (Although being an invincible druid might be why)

I like the laugh too.

Lvl 17 and I enjoyed the worgen starting area over-all and I'm enjoying the changes to darkshore. It's not tedious as I thought it might be since the race, quests and area is different. (Taking a year off is also a contributing factor)

No real challenge yet though. (other than figuring out how to get around the bugs that interfere with the quest chains: 3 so far.) Leveling has been a joke in terms of difficulty so far. (Although being an invincible druid might be why)
Don't get overconfident noob druid. :p

J/K - we miss you and Renee (Renee a little more).

vl 31 Worgen druid and lvling has been fairly easy. After soloing the first boss, myself and another druid 24-25 took down all of BFD. (moderately challenging) I did the graveyard side of SM alone at 30/31. (not very challenging) but some of this has to do with Druid abilities to avoid/stealth past large crowds.The other parts of SM will def require some help.

I like that the quests for those instances (blue rewards) were right inside and I didn't need to run all over WOW to get them. Nice loot.. including blue shoulders in the wetlands from a world quest. These are small incentives that add up and make rerolling enjoyable.

I'm starting over with Renee. We are both playing Druids and our goal is to just have fun. We have no desire to make it to 85 before the beta ends.
Unfortunately the female Worgens are not working.

Copying old toons over seems to be stuck on "pending..". So I've not tried any high end stuff on my pally or shammy. However, premade toons copy over with in hours.

I've not decided yet. For us it's an issue of where/how we want to invest/allocate/manage our free time. I'm thinking through scheduals/RL goals.

On the posative side: ISP resolved it's bandwith issues, what I'm experiencing in Cata is fun.. AND.. (the most important thing) Bob still plays. So no matter how bad I am, there will always be someone worse than me. :D

Last edited:
LOL,
well I haven't gottten my beta invite yet. But I am not worried, since I preordered the CE of Cat on Amazon.com. And it was a good thing I did, 15 minutes later they were on back order. Now I just gotta pick up a copy of the regular for Jill.

I've not decided yet. For us it's an issue of where/how we want to invest/allocate/manage our free time. I'm thinking through scheduals/RL goals.

On the posative side: ISP resolved it's bandwith issues, what I'm experiencing in Cata is fun.. AND.. (the most important thing) Bob still plays. So no matter how bad I am, there will always be someone worse than me. :D
*schedules...
*positive...

I see you haven't trained up your spelling profession any since you left. :p

No. I just don't use the spell-cheaker as much as yuo
You might want to put a few points in "People in glass tanking gear shouldn't throw taunts" lol.

Mobs in wow don't care about spelling. If they did we would both be in trouble. :D

Good to jab with you. We miss both you and Renee but want what's best for you and your family.

Same. I guess I've bludgeoned you enough for one day..

(For those looking in.. it's just trash talk between friends who use to tank together and fall off cliffs in Ulduar..:)

Back