World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ Beta Test Invitation

viglundr

Wooo got an invite today!

Will see when I get home if its if my account is updated or not (states can take roughy 24 hours)

So all together i think it was close to 4 gigs to download.

So far played a worgen up to level 12, really enjoyed there starting area, they are just missing the last few quests in that area. It looks like a lot of phasing but felt like it worked well.

Also made a goblin to see there area, quite mechanical and odd, haven't played that char much though.

So far its been good, haven't touched my Worgen much since the first few days but leveled my Goblin till about 11 and the quest line was interesting with how you run into the Horde and there "special cargo".

I copied my 80's over there and must say, the first time I portaled into Stormwind on my druid and then went flight form it was nice :) Think I flew around Stormwind just looking at things for the first ten minutes hehe. Since then I haven't done much leveling, just been exploring. Think I spent the last few days just flying around the old world looking for changes, some areas seem close to the same but have small changes and some have really changed. There are quite a few areas where alliance and horde are openly fighting each other which is interesting.. Looks like alliance has taken more of Kalimdor and the horde has taken more of the eastern kingdoms, its more like both continents are more mixed now.

Also theres a lot not in the beta yet, i have found towns on the far far east coast of the eastern kingdoms that are just empty, they are new but no NPC's yet, you see a lot of that.

Last edited:
An update :)

I've completed all the Hyjal quest lines, it was an interesting storyline. The zone was quite easy overall except for the final fight however they have doubled the hit points for all mobs since then so it will take a bit longer in Live I' am sure.

Green drops are Ilevel 272, so the green gear is decent for sure. I finished Hyjal at level 82, went over and started the other starting zone Vashj'ir which starts off interestingly :) Made it to a point in there where I get my Seahorse mount but the quest was bugged last patch so couldn't continue :( soon soon hehe

Anyway just some updates for who is interested. Still really like flying around the cities etc.

If anyone is looking for certain information about any changes let me know :)

Oh, just to add. I' am being vague on some of the stuff as I always found that when it comes to WoW lore and how the story plays out its more interesting finding out while your playing and doing the quests rather then knowing in advance. That's why I haven't mentioned any particular quests or events as I don't want to ruin it for anyone :)

Oh, just to add. I' am being vague on some of the stuff as I always found that when it comes to WoW lore and how the story plays out its more interesting finding out while your playing and doing the quests rather then knowing in advance. That's why I haven't mentioned any particular quests or events as I don't want to ruin it for anyone :)

I agree :) I don't want to know about any alliance-side or Goblin quests :)

I would just assume most if not all of the guild will be pushing through to 85 well before they try out the new race. What I will enjoy the most will be the leveling of the playing field with gear. With the expansion I am guessing that gear drops will now surpass what people have taken a long time to build up and therefore it won't take near as long for me to 'qualify' for running instances.

On the downside the runs that everyone have been doing at 80 may now become stale in the face of new and higher content. I think I may have a harder time joining groups doing those older runs and may miss a majority of what is currently the end game content...unless people will be running them to assist in the leveling process.

Either way, I am sure to be giddy!

Well Yesterday, I got a lvl 10 Troll Druid and John a lvl 7 Goblin Mage. It's pretty sweet fighting a ?? (Boss) at level 4. I also liked the insight into Horde politics (much more intriguing than the Alliance's). Going into Orgrimmar was actually a little spooky. That place has a real sense of foreboding. The worst part about the druid at level 1-7 is that my wrath cast is slower than Chaska's Starfire and the global cool-downs, how I miss my haste! At level 8 (instead of 20) you get cat form, which speeds things up nicely. John loved the Goblin starting area. I think the Goblins are worse then Ferengi as a race in general. We didn't finish the new zone but even if you don't play horde, we recommend at least getting through the Goblin starting area, very fun.

Jacki, Alan, and I have started a beta guild called <Steak Wrapped Bacon> on Hamuul (KR).

Guild XP is very cool, but it's also (right now in beta) really large.

I mean, in the last two days, we've gained about 70k guild XP. But to get to level two, you need about 49999k guild XP. So we have a ways to go.

Last edited:
Also: today, after playing from 15-19, I managed to get all of 3 points in Guild Reputation. Either guild rep is broken in beta, or that's going to be a loooong haul.

Back