World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™ Beta Test Invitation

Rhys you need to come back for only one month; I feel like I'm missing out! (on so many repairs bills)

Well, after hitting 30 with my worgen (which has been fun) I decided to take a look at the new 80-85 content. I should hit 84 soon with Wovenx (Pally tank)

Zones:

Uldum is the best so far (at least in my eyes) One of the best zones I've played in wow.

Hyjal (I did 1 level there on my shaman, but did not complete it yet) bored me.

Vash’jir is unique. I did not like it at first, but it grew on me as it unfolded.

Deepholm is beautiful, thought dark in atmosphere.

Instances:
I've not tried any yet, thought I've peaked in. They look cool though, especially those in Uldum. I'll probably wait until I'm 85 and then do them in sequence.

Gear:
277 greens to start and at 83 I'm rocking lvl 300 greens and 300+ blues. 58k health.

All those hard sought after epics go the way of the wind in the expansion. Warcraft that game that never ends :)

85: 90k health hit/expertise capped up to lvl 86 mobs. I've still not done any instances yet. ( BTW - Twilight highlands is also a good zone.)

Lots of in-game cinematic/voice acting shifted my attention away from grinding for levels/gear towards grinding to see what was going to happen next. (And I've never had much of a clue about Wow lore) I wanted to get the quests done to see the story fleshed out..rather than picking up rewards. I typically don't pay attention to the story in these games. Blizzard makes it harder to do that with Cataclysm.

That's a good thing.

I agree. That was also my experience running low level content. Blizzard has really taking their ability to tell a story and involve the player in the lore to the next level. I really look forward to exploring the Cataclysm stories.

Was in indigo books the other day and saw a full length novel about Cataclysm..almost picked it up to read :)

I saw a thing on my WoW loader about the book. It looks like it supposed to take place between Wrath and Cata or something. Didn't really look at it in depth.

Soo.. I've done all the normal 5 mans.

I think 2 are A+, (Grim Batol & Throne of Tides) 5 are C+ to B-. It's kind of hard to give grades though since the challenge was made easier in the lvl 85 instances due to epic geared players. Still, they were fun though not as challenging. I can see with a group of lvl players in greens/blues having a much greater challenge. I'd probably head to Blackrock Caverns (First instance) before gaining more than one lvl..if you have WOTLK epics. There is a quest giver in Hyjal that sends you there.

As for CC in normal at lvl I'm not sure. I typically had ppl with Heroic tier gear in my group (Tank and or healer..) and we didn't use it. People running Heroics say CC is more of the rule there and not the exception.

Anyways, I've done the world quests from 80-85 + all the 5 mans and It's been a fun ride.

Back