Why I don't Beleave in any man made religion.

Eon--Hey I was a misguided kid.  I can honestly say if I had the resources on various religious systems then that I have now, I would probably have been a pagan or practiced Zorastranism (or however that's spelt).   Yet all I knew was the teachings of an old dead church.  That taught nothing of real value and never specified exactly why you should be a Christian or that it is personal relationship that you have with Christ.  Sunday School consisted of word finds, and the preacher never gave an alter call. IMO a church like that does more to drive Christians away from Christianity than any other thing.  Even you said it Eon, you walked into a cathedral, and felt the echo's of vast power, yet the life and vitality were not actually there.  So it was in this church that I would haphazardly attend.   I knew that this church was wrong, I was wrong that instead of finding out the truth about Christianity (at this point instead of later) I tried to find my own spiritual path by communing with other beings.  I called it demonology because I was specifically searching for non-deitic spirits that existed in connection with this plan of existance.  These were not angels nor an aspect of the God head I was communiing with.  If you desire to call it paganism, or wicca or even New Age Crystal movement (I read some of each, and stole what I wanted, but none of what I read fit what I was feeling) that's just dandy, but I called it demonology because that is the best term to fit what I was doing. I was an angry teen, and I was seeking spirits that fit that mold.

DId you ever get in contact with a spirit? LIke could you feel its presence, its power, its evil?
Sometimes I feel like that in my home. I can just feel a presence that is not earthly, nor is it good. Sometimes when I'm at services I can feel God's presence (or something that rather causes me a-tingling) but sometimes at home I definitely feel a dark force or so.
Did you ever reach contact with a demon, or a dead man?

As to Eon: Where is it you learned that Satan is merely a corruption of an older God? Why would you say that? Myself, I believe that Satan is indeed a corruption: a corruption of what he once was, a brilliant being, comparatively the bright and morning star, God's most powerful angel ever, and he alone fell into darkness and took with him his followers, as is the nature of the disgraced leader.Satan is not a corruption of any god (many worship Satan accidentally or purposefully, though they do not worship God or an ancient God: they worship a spirit, and a mite-powerful one at that) but he is for certainly very real.

is that relevant? but to answer your question yes. a few times. It wasn't something I was able to accomplish every time, but there were a few times.

but anyways i'm much happier getting in touch and feeling God's presence. The difference between the two is literally night and day. Also you don't need to be at service to feel God's presence. at any time that you desire to start worshipping Him and praising Him, you can feel His presence.

Well true enough. I felt God in some services, and especially during a worship time at a church I used to love attending (but sadly, I decided to be baptized myself and my parents felt that the pastor acted foolishly in doing so without their presence...which I still don't get but okay. Sooner or later they'll relent.)

The relevance is to me alone. I have an interest of sorts in the occult, and here I have an actual ex-demonologist who's willing to share his experiences (to a limited extent at least). That's the relevance. Alone to me.

There is an ancient God - the quintessential aspect of maleness and male fertility in fact - who bears the horns of a stag. Please do a reading of the old testament and tell me where Lucifer is EVER described as being horned - however those who followed the old ways were told that worshipping a God with horns was following the devil, and they reinvented the devil as horned for that very reason.

Eon

neither God nor satan are horned, but common representation of Satan is of horned demon, which was taken by the Catholic church to represent satan as Eon said

There are numerous pagan gods which are described as horned beings, as well as the garbs of a number are horned (stag horns attached to a helmet)

There is a norse (or Irish) goddess named Danu who'se consort is the Horned God (the god of the hunt and the forest) and I think his name was Cernuos (sp?) which was an archtype based on paleolithic drawings

The Babylonian god Ishatr had 7 horns, in fact all Babylonian gods were horned as that was a sign of divinity (this holds true for numerous mesopatamian culters actually, which is a primary argument against Satan being horned)

For Egypt  Amon and Hathor are horned

There was a Native American god that was horned

For the Greeks there was the minotaur (close enough
biggrin.gif
) and the Pans

need more?

Back