why bother trying your own spec

brug, do you play warcraft/dota?

my point is: you can just hotkey the skill with 1 of the letters that resembles the skill itself.

example: my warlock has fear as "F", so every time when i want to fear something, i move my finger from D to F, fear =)

I do have the problem of running out of hotkeys though... I currently use the entire left side of my keyboard, up to Y H B, including shift+blah blah, and i still can't get enough keys.

G15 Keyboard

Macro button-tastic. Plus those buttons on the left side....can hold up to 3 different macros by the touch of a button to change which one they're on. I just like the fact that there's 18 other buttons on the left side of the keyboard. ^_^

yep...i luuuuv mine. if you look in my UI on the site, you'll see 12 buttons on the left hand side of my main area...those are all mapped to the first 2 rows on my G15 and page up/down to correpond to the M{1,2,3} buttons

now if only there was a macro that could hit the M buttons for me!

for healing I like Clique and hot keys programmed to the mouse buttons, shift left mouse is flash of light, shift-right mouse is holy light, shift middle button is cleanse and I can use grid to heal the whole raid or I can target someone and click their portrait, or I can target the boss and click the target's target bar, or I can click main tanks, etc, etc. For tanking I dont use as many hotkeys though, I have to sit and watch cooldown timers to keep all my spells active anyway so I usually end up clicking them heh

Brug I love how everyone has all the solutions. I dont care if you lay on your back eat a pizza pie and jam out to a rock and roll tune. If you keep my team alive you can do anything you want. If you dont then you need to figure out for yourself what the problem is. I for instance constantly out damage people over and over again with spec that I enjoy. Everyone swears up and down that it is not a effective raid spec. However all I do is get results. I dont care what people say or what their opinions are. I care about results. If you can get them do it how it best suits you. If you can not get them then seek advice and always look to improve yourself. I always am looking for a better way. I am always willing to try it. If I try however and it is not the better way I don't really give 2 cents into what someone says.

I don't wanna push anyone's buttons, I feel that I have used a steamroller on a few people about their specs, but...

While in a raiding guild one should always be open-minded to new specs. ( I cannot stress that enough...) Give them a try in a few raids, learn how they work and the benefits and short-comings of them and then you can decide which you like. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Paladin trees, if you were to say to me you were 21.0.40 I don't know what that means, if you are 21 Protection, 0 Healing and 40 Retribution... I honestly don't know. I do know a few classes, Warlocks I know best by far and then Mages and then Shadow priests; And I am still learning the latter.

The bottom line is dont get offended when someone gives you advice; don't take it personally if they are saying you aren't using spells correctly - they are only trying to help. Always consider the advice, maybe not from Tebran, but from other Paladins or maybe people who dont even play your class... they could have previous raid experiences. No one is saying you are a terrible paladin. :D

Last edited:
It takes one to know one Osi... zing.
I am a nub, yes, I wont deny it. THANKS!
G15 Keyboard

Macro button-tastic. Plus those buttons on the left side....can hold up to 3 different macros by the touch of a button to change which one they're on. I just like the fact that there's 18 other buttons on the left side of the keyboard. ^_^
Actually those are disabled with WOW. Ive tried it with mine :(

Sure aren't :) mine works just fine! The only time I've seen them not work is when you don't have enough power to drive the keyboard from your USB port...in which case, aside from basic typing...normal typing is about the only thing you'll get out of it.

Does it at least pop up the character info screen when you load wow...and uh...have you mapped the keys to do stuff? :)

I think one of my friends has that keyboard and he has the WoW edition one or whatever. It looked weird to me and I do just fine on a regular keyboard. Might try out the G15 someday though. I have another friend with it but he uses the macro buttons to be lazy...doesn't play WoW...the loser.

Sure aren't :) mine works just fine! The only time I've seen them not work is when you don't have enough power to drive the keyboard from your USB port...in which case, aside from basic typing...normal typing is about the only thing you'll get out of it.

Does it at least pop up the character info screen when you load wow...and uh...have you mapped the keys to do stuff? :)

I used to have it all setup to where Id hit a button and summon a certain pet, or hot another one and I would completely buff myself. But also, sometimes the koyboard would completely die. I dunno :)

Brother uses it now.

Back