Whats the difference

Yet another post that went off topic. Let's try and respect the person who posts and not go off on some tangent, okay? It's just a matter of respect. I understand how easy it is to do, but this is a sensitive topic.

I'm sorry I let this go for so long, Pab...

Also, this is not aimed at anyone in general, but this this one of a few topics I've seen go off-topic.

i think if we want to put it into american perspective look at it this way, what if someone named themselve osama, or one of osama's right hand men, what then would u do?

There is lots of power in a name. Just because JoBlow doesn't recognize it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. All Christians know the power in the name Jesus. And there is equal power in names attached to evil as well. There is power in everybodies name. And that is that.

If Pab had an issue with a name, then he did the right thing in bringing it up with an admin. It is then upto the admin to a make a decision and act upon it. That is it, that is all.

But I have 2 cousins and one uncle named jesus, and their not that powerfull.
And the Desert Fox was a great general.

It's the association the word has with something that is offensive to Pabmeister, and that is the point here.

My great-grandfather died of a gunshot wound to his head, and I walked in on it as a three year old child. Last week, I heard a description of a man who was shot in the head... NO, it was not my grandfather, but the association was there.

It hurts to remember things bad, though it may be a part of life.

Jo, if your sister or brother, or some other closer family member were to be mistreated, raped, or beaten by a man with an association with the American military, CHANCES ARE, due to your human, distrustful nature, you would be very wary of uniformed individuals from then on. No, they may not be the same person, you would hold that association.

Please, respect Pab, he's a great guy and a good friend. What more is the point in arguing this if all you're trying to attempt, essentially, is telling Pabmeister he has no right to feel indignant about this individual?

That's not yours to say, sir.

I respect Pab, but to group Ronnel in to the Nazi party is wrong, since he died because he was part of the group who tried to asasinate hittler and he was a soldier.

And my first day in school in canada I got beaten up because I was brown, but I never grouped all white people as being racist. And everytime I hear the name jeff I don't get angry or upset. So no I would not hold any association to them. I can see the difference between one persons actions and the actions of a group of people.

So Pab can feel what he wants, but maybe he should research info on Ronnel and the Nazi party first.

Back