Warhammer

Which side do you lean towards in Warhammer Online?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
freudian slip?

How is it a misconception that WAR is about pvp when it was said before that there isnt any raid content and not much group content other than pvp stuff.

freudian slip?

How is it a misconception that WAR is about pvp when it was said before that there isnt any raid content and not much group content other than pvp stuff.
Who said that???

It couldn't have been an official release...

What kind of marketing is that?!

Their is raid content. But instead of facing AI you are facing human intelligence.

There are instances and "dungeons". They are not the end game grind that War is. There do not appear to be 60 baron runs to get your "set" dungeons.

However, it is very early and not all content has been developed. The crafting stuff is just getting introduced.

I can tell you that I have played about 99% of my time in non-pvp content.

I have played about 15% in RvR which is completely different from any PvP experience.

Overall, Warhammer is a completely different game from WoW and most likely anything you have played before.

As far as grouping goes, you will have to have groups to do things from level 2 on ward. There are public quests that require 15 or so people to come together for the good of the realm (because when you complete the quest it gives your realm points in the overall war). It also provides some cool stuff!

So, to say that Warhammer does not have group content is not very accurate. To say it is a PvP game is not accurate. Guildwars is PvP. Warhammer is focusing on create a unique game with several new advancements in MMO's.

Realm vs. Realm is only found in Warhammer. It is a different way of viewing humans verse humans. It is not about griefers or people who can grind AB for 20 hours a day. It is about large groups of people learning to work together and develop strategies to accomplish a task against foes that have the same ability to think, adept and change. It is quite cool.

I say the non-pretty race :) Given that it appears that the more mature players in WoW went horde, the non pretty race, maybe if we should continue into War, we think about doing that :)

I'd say that it's a definite misperception that there isn't much group content. There's going to be plenty of PvE group content, from what I hear. Yes, the end-game focus is on RvR, but that doesn't mean that they're ignoring PvE. They're just not focusing on endgame raiding PvE content. They've announced that there will be a variety of PvE instances and dungeons.

We being the generic we. Could mean Goblit and I, or Icthus, Baddwin and Ugsneak. In any situation the generic all encompassing we will always include Goodwone. You have not choice!!!

There are instances and "dungeons". They are not the end game grind that War is. There do not appear to be 60 baron runs to get your "set" dungeons. ... yadda yadda yadda.
You mean it isn't the end game grind that WoW is...?

I think it will be a nice change of pace from WoW for me, personally. Dark Age of Camelot was much more group oriented (think PVP), and I believe that WAR will be more group oriented as well. WoW's PVP system always lacked something that made the group effort worth while. /shrug

I hope it is a lot like DAoC was.

Last edited:
I say the non-pretty race :) Given that it appears that the more mature players in WoW went horde, the non pretty race, maybe if we should continue into War, we think about doing that :)
I think the more mature players went horde in WoW was because of the imbalance of Racial Abilities. In WoW, offense was always better than defense. Some of the Racial abilities for the Alliance were pure creature comforts like the Dwarf's Find Treasure. Unless the PVP is made into a treasure hunt, it's useless and theres no way that it would help you survive. Also, explain to me why a Night Elf needs to get back to his body 20% faster than a normal person? That is NOT an edge in PVP no matter how you go about it.

On the other hand, Tauren's had the ground stomp, Orc's had the 20% stun resist, Blood elves get a silence (even if the chosen BE class [think about the rogue] uses no mana they can still silence you) and then there is the dreaded WOTF for the Undead.

Little unbalanced? Most definitely.

Would most competitive mature players chose those Races over the Alliance races? You bet.

Last edited:
I can buy my way into the beta...

Pre-Order Now and Receive:
  • Open Beta Access to experience the glory of battle and the thrill of WAR!
  • Live Game Head Start in the Age of Reckoning before the raw recruits arrive.
  • EXCLUSIVE In-Game items to equip your characters’ journey to the frontlines.
Codes given while supplies last.

Some of the Racial abilities for the Alliance were pure creature comforts like the Dwarf's Find Treasure. Unless the PVP is made into a treasure hunt, it's useless and theres no way that it would help you survive. Also, explain to me why a Night Elf needs to get back to his body 20% faster than a normal person? That is NOT an edge in PVP no matter how you go about it.

What about stoneform? (locks)

or Shadowmeld?

Or perception (sneaky rogues)

or escape artist (bye bye Tauren stomp?)
:)

Last edited:
Odale....you can buy your way into the "open" beta....not the closed that is currently underway though. Unfortunantly I thought the same when purchasing the Collector's Edition, and while I do not regret it as I do plan on playing, I was disappointed in finding out about it afterwards.

Odale....you can buy your way into the "open" beta....not the closed that is currently underway though. Unfortunantly I thought the same when purchasing the Collector's Edition, and while I do not regret it as I do plan on playing, I was disappointed in finding out about it afterwards.

me three. waiting patiently for open beta. :eek:

What about stoneform? (locks)

or Shadowmeld?

Or perception (sneaky rogues)

or escape artist (bye bye Tauren stomp?)
:)

Stoneform was better against rogues, what is the cooldown (3 mins) on it compared to WoTF (2 mins), war stomp (2 mins)

Shadowmeld, level 0.5 stealth, can't move, can't even start a cast without coming out of it, can't use it in combat. It was better when you didn't come out of it until after the casting was finished. Then it was a suprise attack.

Perception, again, whats the cooldown (3 mins) and only really useful against rogues and hidey cats.

Escape artist, only racial with a chance to fail. Epic fail for a racial IMO. What would happen if WoTF or Warstomp had a chance to fail?

lol
Good point aves,
I have found perception viable in battle grounds however when I see a rogue coming in the distance:)
I didn't realize escape artist can fail, so thanks for the tip!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back