Unreal Monday

Even with zero ping on, it is difficult for me. I just don't have that great of an aim :)

Fortunately there is a nifty mod that a talented German coder named Wormbo (who also happens to be on our Jailbreak team) has created for instagib that improves the ping situation and doesn't violate the "server as authority" principle. It keeps track server-side of everyones positions for the last several seconds. When you fire, the message sent to the server includes WHEN you fired. Even if that message gets to the server a half-second later, the server checks the player location histories to see where everyone was half a second ago to determine if they were hit. http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download3.html Look for "Unlagged Instagib".

Captain Tea, this is a server-side mutator that people wouldn't have to download. Could we always enable it? If you are playing a non-instagib gametype it has no effect. It just improves instagib games.

Sorry for the long-windedness, I just got on my anti-zeroping soap box again :)

I couldn't find a UT3 zeroping mutator anyway. Searched all the usual places and came up empty handed. I turned on UTcomp ping compensator today since its already on the server to see how good it works. It is supposed to support the instagib rifle. If if Utcomp doesn't work i'll check out wormbo's. :)

Last edited:
I couldn't find a UT3 zeroping mutator anyway. Searched all the usual places and came up empty handed. I turned on UTcomp ping compensator today since its already on the server to see how good it works. It is supposed to support the instagib rifle. If if Utcomp doesn't work i'll check out wormbo's. :)

UT Comp should "work" but in they way I don't like, mainly based on principle :) There is a tangible difference here though... I find that utcomp's ping compensation (which as far as i know is the same thing as zeroping) means that the more laggy someone else is, the more likely it is that they can kill you. If you have dodged or have already turned a corner but they are laggy then you won't have changed direction yet on their client. Therefore they can hit you when in reality you are long gone. It's a little less noticeable with the go-back-in-time method.

But as much as i like to praise the one method over another, I'm not really as big a stickler as all that. If we have no real issues with utcomp ping compensation then it is fine with me :)

Whoa! Hold on a sec Mr. Captain! xD I have been hearing a lot of things about ut ping comp and many people think it's not good. I am open minded enough to give it a test run with you, as long as you promise not to keep it on permantly....maybe put it under as a mutator vote like failduelz does. I'm PERFECTLY happy with the lag as it is on our server, however, this could be the answer to why instagib seemed so absurdly hard to play on our server.

I'm also going to be annoying and ask for more maps.....I'd really like to see intercept and biosource put on our server for duels. I checked the maps CAREFULLY and the walls are p*nis free! LOL! Someone also requested to put shang hai (not sure how to spell it) back on for duels. I'm not too crazy about putting it back under duels since I was the one who asked you to remove it, but I told the person that I'd mention it to you. A lot more people are coming in for duels and we have been getting enough people to do some small to medium sized death matched games other than just Monday nights. I'm really happy how the ToJ server is coming to be and it wouldn't be possible without an admin like you : ) Keep it up Captain! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
GG's! Again our Unlagged Instagib felt unlaggy... which was good since I suffered from high ping on-and-off tonight for some reason.

I plan to be there tonight, but this may be my last Unreal Monday for a while. StarCraft II releases tomorrow and I'll likely be playing the single-player campaign at every (reasonable) opportunity over the next few weeks.

I was cleaning most of the day (we have company visiting this weekend) and mowing when Unreal Monday started. Just started winding down for the night and feeling worn out.

I'll try to make it next Monday, provided I'm not mowing the lawn then, too.

yes, but remember, i was handicaped by my new computer adjustments ;D Tek we need you back so badly.....I even left a forum post in sc toj asking ppl to come to ut rofl.

well it was fun until DOM and version mismatch came up. I had download DOM from the link that Capt'n left in the sticky. I even reinstalled it but it was still version mismatch. oh well next time.
gg all.

Warfare + Raptor = fun. It's math. It's indisputable.

I won't be able to make it this week. I'll be enjoying Labor Day with family. See you guys later!

Monday is one of my heavy homework workloads now (Math/Economy/Japanese), can't game on Monday nights anymore. :/

I'll have to mow the lawn after attending a Labor Day event with my wife's extended family. :(

Your pity. Can I haz it?

it's allright guys. I don't think i'll be on to play as I have been sleeping about 80-90% of the day ever since I had to stop my medication. Let's all take a break and play next week. Hopefully captain_Tea will be back as well.

I got back early, but have plenty to do around here. If anyone wants to play for a bit, hit me up on Steam and I can spare time for a few rounds.

Back