ToJ Competition Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep in mind that im a west coaster, and that i may get a ub3r 1337 ping, and i can only make it to try-outs during weekends, at night (usually around 9:30ish to 10:00
wow.gif
.. i'm usually busy studying, but if possibly, i'll try to make it in-time

Do you think I could be in the "very interested, but may have some issues" list???
tounge.gif

I dont think Im ever going to be able to resolve the problem... Ive tried steam on all three of my os's, another three computers in my house, two of my cousin's computers, and also my neighbors computer... and ALL of them cant connect to steam
mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

mad.gif

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE COMCAST CABLE FOR THEIR ISP!?!?!?  this is the only thing all the above computers have in common....

LEts see...

I hav your motherboard.. but mine works ur doens't
sad.gif

I have an ATI Radeon 9000, u got ATI 8500.... hmm.. jus couple versions up, but deosn't work?
wow.gif

Goose also has Comcast if I remember right and hes been playing. So I may want to call your ISP and see whats going on.

Maybe your local area has that specific port or port range blocked, dunno. Do you know of anyone else around you on Comcast that uses steam?

Cory

It works for my friend down the street, but now that I think about it, he might have been talking about his connection at college...

MIRC refuses to work with this stupid university firewall...doesnt block msblast but it does a swell job of owning my attempts at getting MIRC to work...BAH!!! /endrant

Joelius, are you installing CS 1.5 first? You have to have CS updated to 1.5, then install "steaminstall_cs.exe". The only other thing I can think of, is if you have a router or firewall blocking those ports. Let us know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xel @ Oct. 11 2003,11:03)]MIRC refuses to work with this stupid university firewall...doesnt block msblast but it does a swell job of owning my attempts at getting MIRC to work...BAH!!! /endrant
Try our chat applet page and let me know if that works, Xel.

Sorry I turned this into a tech support thread
sad.gif
tounge.gif

Goose 1.5 still works fine, and the 1.6 beta used to work (connect)... I tried going back to that and updating, but it didnt work either.  Also I can connect to update, but I have never been able login.

EH whut about me???

IM intrested in it. why am I not on the list EH?
and yes im speaking Canadian here.

LOVE

[toj.cc]GunSlinger

Update:

Very interested:
Goose62
DeadAim
Plankeye
Xel
Flash
Miscellaneous
GotAmmo
FunnyLookingHat
Exo-Slayer
4t0p
FinalPro
Whon
Gunslinger

Somewhat interested, but may have some issues:
Zealot
Joelius
sk84christ

for those who missed the thread, here's the tryout info -

** Saturday, October 18th @ 4pm EST **

please meet in IRC channel #toj and we'll go from there.

if you have any questions or issues, please email me.

exodus@toj.cc

Competition team policy will be posted in the next day or two, so be on the lookout.

I could come and help pwn everyone =)

I found out over the weekend I can still hang.
I just need people on the server more so I can have reflex practice =O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back