The Bible

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ByblosHex @ Oct. 07 2004,11:25)]No it isnt possible to have a perfect Bible, and that is why the Holy Spirit exists, to cousul and teach the truth... I know right from wrong and I dont need the bible to tell me that, there is one commandment, the greatest of all commandments that if its followed you will not break any other. The bible is there if you have any specific questions about anything. Me I usually ask God a question and he answers by showing it to me in the bible.
God doesnt speak to your ear or eye, he speaks to the heart, the language its in doesnt matter because all human languages are imperfect and the language of tongues is too complicated for any of us to learn and understand.
Once again you assert that one can't understand the Bible without the Holy Spirit.

How does one learn about the Holy Spirit?

From the Bible.

Yet one can't understand the need for the Holy Spirit without the Holy Spirit to guide you.

Getting dizzy yet?

Byblos, you said that you don't need the Bible. Then why study it? How did you know that you only have to follow one commandment without reading the Bible? How did you know what that one commandment was without reading the Bible?

You've been caught in a contradiction. You said you don't need the Bible and then say that God shows you answers to your questions in the Bible.

So is the Bible necessary or not once you've been gifted with the Holy Spirit? And how do you receive the Holy Spirit without studying the Bible which you can't understand without the aid of the Holy Spirit?

Back