Street Fighter IV PC Benchmark App Out. Post Your Framerates.

Well, since we are getting a kick out of low settings runs, here is mine:

SCORE: 62873
AVERAGE: 472.27FPS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 3326MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Display Setting: 640x480 60Hz

Timed it. Benchmark finished in 1 minute and 25 seconds.

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9600 Quad-Core Processor [2.4Ghz]
Memory: 2048MB [CL4, ganged mode]
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4670

All maxed, no AA, no text filter, no touch:

SCORE: 11276
AVERAGE: 102.51FPS
Display Setting: 1680x1050 60Hz

SCORE: 11631
AVERAGE: 102.62FPS
Display Setting: 1280x1024 60Hz

All off:

SCORE: 38744
AVERAGE: 268.01FPS
Display Setting: 640x480 75Hz

SCORE: 8955
AVERAGE: 50.84FPS
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
Memory: 2928MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Display Setting: 1280x1024 60Hz

Everything default, V-sync: Off.

I understand its function, but I don't see any "tearing" on my monitor.
(Other than from my Youtubes)
I doubt having, V-sync: Off, would reduce refreshing and quality since most of my Source games are always off.

But also, Omega Amen makes a good point.

Since its on the video consoles already, will anyone else buy this game on the PC version?

Other than me boasting; beating your all with Dan the Man!

Hence, this youtube. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXzKLQFABeg

I don't have a console it runs on. I ma not a believer in gaming on consoles for fps..that is why i have rebuilt mine and am going to rebuild my wife's computer.

I don't have a console it runs on. I ma not a believer in gaming on consoles for fps..that is why i have rebuilt mine and am going to rebuild my wife's computer.

In all honesty it depends on the game. In past generations you would have to severely slaughter gameplay in porting pc -> console. Now the playing field is a bit more level. IMO you can get the same level of accuracy with the dualshock 3 as a mouse, provided you are already facing your enemy. Typically I get more headshots with console games then on the PC, but you see a lot less people that lag all over the place on consoles.

I don't have a console it runs on. I ma not a believer in gaming on consoles for fps
Agreed--with the exceptions of:
  • Timesplitters Future Perfect (Gamecube)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
  • The Conduit (Wii)

don't forget James Bond on the N64, personal favorite fps/multiplayer on a console.

don't forget James Bond on the N64, personal favorite fps/multiplayer on a console.
I didn't like Goldeneye. I know I'm probably the only one in the cosmos who didn't, but there it is.

...Man, we've really veered off-topic, haven't we?

So SFIV comes out on PC in the US on July 7.

EDIT: Nevermind. Don't buy it:
Additionally, Svensson has stated on the Capcom Unity forums that the retail version will be using disc-based SecuROM as its main form of copy protection for the NA release.
I wasn't going to buy it immediately anyway, but now I likely won't buy it at all. Ever. At least, not unless they strip the SecuROM protection from the game.

EDIT: But maybe the Steam version won't include SecuROM?

Last edited:
It won't.

As for the question of whether a sizable crowd will be on the PC version of SFIV... honestly, that will be interesting to see.

If you look at the serious hardcore fighting game fanatics on shoryuken.com, they use their PCs a lot to play their classic 2D fighters on MAME, etc. They are pumped about the PC version of SFIV.

Now will that mean plentiful players online... I have no idea.

I wasn't going to buy it immediately anyway, but now I likely won't buy it at all. Ever. At least, not unless they strip the SecuROM protection from the game.

On January 8, 2009, the game became available via the Steam platform with SecuROM. However on February 19, 2009 a patch was released removing SecuROM from the game[46], it remains protected by the Steam DRM.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_&_Conquer:_Red_Alert_3#SecuROM

Would that answer your question, Tek7?

For me, doesn't matter. I'm a gamer, not a critic.

Btw, Omega Amen, SF4 does not support Cross-platform.

It has also been revealed that the game will feature online play via Games for Windows - LIVE, with built-in voice chat and PC-exclusive achievements, but no cross-platform playability would be available with Xbox 360 players.

LAME! They did it with Lost Planet: Colonies Edition!

Last edited:
Perfect dark was 10x better IMO. The only downside was that you needed the memory upgrade to have 4x multiplayer.

Goldeneye 007 - Classic

Perfect Dark - Coolest

I liked using the Laptop Sentry gun, Grenade Launcher and the RC-P120! (FN-P90 of the future!) LOL!

The Reaper and Farsight gun was fun to play too, very crazy though. :p

I HATE THE POISON KNIVES!

Last edited:
Checking through the currency exchange and the release date, that is a tempting deal.

It releases in Canada, 2 day later and costs, $59.99.

Nowhere near the currency exchange for Steam's price. :eek:

Back