Street Fighter IV PC Benchmark App Out. Post Your Framerates.

Omega Amen

The fighting game genre is actually my most favorite video game genre, and while I am no longer very good at playing this genre (my reflexes aren't what they used to be), I am still enjoying the recent revival of major fighting game franchises especially Street Fighter IV, which I got on my PS3 earlier this year.

For those who have PC gaming rigs, Street Fighter IV will be released on Steam in July. And it is compatible with the MadCatz fighting sticks that got rave reviews earlier this year.

So, how will it run on a PC? The Street Fighter IV PC Benchmark App got released on a Japanese gaming website. I ran it, and I was very surprised at how well it runs.

Here is my result below with v-sync on so it will not go above 60fps:

Here is another download link for the benchmark app from Gamespot Japan, in case the original download link is giving you trouble.

Here are some screenshots I took to show the "Extra Touch" filters that PC version of Street Fighter IV has:

Off (No Extra Touch):

Ink:

Watercolor:

Posterization:

Last edited:
AMd Phenom 9600
Vista ultimate x64
4 gigs ram
Radeon HD4830

Game Settings:
8x AA
8x Texture Filtering(known as AF)
all options maxed out
vsynch off
1024 x 768 x 32 @85 hz
extra touch off

Score: 5942
FPS average: 44.66

I tried 4x AF and 4x AA and it ran worse..:(

AMd Phenom 9600
Vista ultimate x64
4 gigs ram
Radeon HD4830

Game Settings:
8x AA
8x Texture Filtering(known as AF)
all options maxed out
vsynch off
1024 x 768 x 32 @85 hz
extra touch off

Score: 5942
FPS average: 44.66

I tried 4x AF and 4x AA and it ran worse..:(
Honestly, that does not make sense. You should have run better with 4x AF and 4x AA instead of 8x.

I have seen older, less powerful PC configurations run better than what you posted here. Are you sure you did not have a background application accessing the hard drive when you ran the benchmark? That will reduce the framerate quite a bit.

If you still want to improve performance, reducing the particles and shadow parameters seem to help a lot.

Nice.

I do plan to get the game if it runs my PC, otherwise, I'll wait for a new PC.

I'm looking forward to play, Dan THE MAN! (The Joke Character)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgq1EAFXVfk

Oddly, the link won't download...
Odd. It should start the download automatically.

Here is another download link from Gamespot Japan. Try that.

I am going to post that extra link in my original post, plus some more pics showing off the "Extra Touch" filters that the PC version of Street Fighter IV has.

Honestly, that does not make sense. You should have run better with 4x AF and 4x AA instead of 8x.

I have seen older, less powerful PC configurations run better than what you posted here. Are you sure you did not have a background application accessing the hard drive when you ran the benchmark? That will reduce the framerate quite a bit.

If you still want to improve performance, reducing the particles and shadow parameters seem to help a lot.

one word..vista. Another thing..i consider this a beta so the game has not been optimized for by the vid card makers yet which probably explains 4x not running as well(it could also be that at 4x a different less efficient AA or AF is used than at 8x). With 4 gigs of ram and .5 gigs on the vid card i should not have to touch the hdd(and i had nearly zero hdd accesses). The 4830 is a memory bus and amount constrained card which i chose this card by design to save costs. I benched in how i want to run the game..i am not in a e-(insert member here) contest. I've been doing hardware for many many years and my system was built with multi-threaded performance in mind(this system rips through source quite well) instead of single threaded performance. Gaming is not the primary function of this system. I also do not believe in neutering my system operations for one program..this is especially true for games. If the game won't run at 30 fps(which is all you really need and this benchmark never dropped below 35) in my chosen configuration I'm not going to buy it..plain and simple..:)

It finally downloaded, but it took over 8 hours. LOL

Download Speed: 100kbps

:eek:

I left it on the whole night anyways.

Okay, tried it, and I don't understand what does V-sync do since turning it off gives over 100 FPS... (On certain fights)

SCORE: 8207
AVERAGE: 41.59FPS
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+
Memory: 2928MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
Display Setting: 1280x1024 60Hz

Default settings: Low-High
V-sync: On
Score: C

SCORE: 14212
AVERAGE: 76.57FPS
Display Setting: 1280x1024 60Hz

Settings: Everything Low
V-sync: Off
Score: A

Okay, more testing:

Using 2x or 4x AA = 10-15 FPS (which is terrible!)

V-sync off: 10-30% increased FPS

But, since I have a Score of A - C, I will buy the game!

And hopefully, beat you all with DAN!

Last edited:
one word..vista. Another thing..i consider this a beta so the game has not been optimized for by the vid card makers yet which probably explains 4x not running as well(it could also be that at 4x a different less efficient AA or AF is used than at 8x). With 4 gigs of ram and .5 gigs on the vid card i should not have to touch the hdd(and i had nearly zero hdd accesses).
Okay. The only reason I brought it up as I was genuinely perplexed when I compared your results with a few results from shoryuken.com using Vista x64.
Hescominsoon said:
I benched in how i want to run the game..i am not in a e-(insert member here) contest.
I am not sure how to take the tone of this statement.

Let me just clarify what I intended to do here. This is no contest. I thought some people would appreciate seeing results and impressions from a variety of system configurations and tweaks to the game's settings. It would help them gauge how the game could run on their own system.

Does the benchmark seem to run in slow motion for anyone else?

I'd hear the character say something, then their lips would keep moving. When the fight commenced, it looked like the characters were moving at half speed. Anyone else running into this problem?

I'd hear the character say something, then their lips would keep moving. When the fight commenced, it looked like the characters were moving at half speed. Anyone else running into this problem?

Depends.

With low FPS rates, its very slow and exact what you said above.

Other than that, they could of used their "Focus Attacks" and "Super Finishers", which do start slow.

Try V-sync: Off.

Don't know what my settings are. Just ran it.

SCORE: 9934
AVERAGE: 59.82FPS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: 6134MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768 MB
Display Setting: 1280x720 60Hz

If it looks like it is running in slow motion, that means the FPS is fairly low, significantly below 30 fps.

When I re-ran mine with lower settings, and getting very high fps, the benchmark was running in super turbo speed.

I would suggest turning off V-synch (although you might see screen-tearing with that), Anti-aliasing and filtering, then shadows and particles.

Also, check your video card driver. Sometimes updates can do wonders.

Don't know what my settings are. Just ran it.

SCORE: 9934
AVERAGE: 59.82FPS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
Memory: 6134MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 Ultra 768 MB
Display Setting: 1280x720 60Hz

You should use Full Screen and 1280x1024. Looks better, not so squished.

Do you notice, the higher your graphics settings, the lower your score... :eek:

I really wonder how high your score would be on everything low, just as I did which got me, 14212.

You should use Full Screen and 1280x1024. Looks better, not so squished.

Do you notice, the higher your graphics settings, the lower your score... :eek:

I really wonder how high your score would be on everything low, just as I did which got me, 14212.

it makes sense that turning downt he settings increases your score because you aren't asking the video card to do as much...at the cost of not looking as good.

If it looks like it is running in slow motion, that means the FPS is fairly low, significantly below 30 fps.
That's what I figured. I was running between 25 and 30 fps.

My video card drivers aren't the newest (I think I'm running Catalyst 9.3?), but I don't think upgrading would have enough impact to get me close to 60 fps (which is apparently what it takes to get the game to run at normal speed).

Oh well. I can't afford to be buying new games, let alone game-specific controllers (the PC arcade joystick controller would be a necessity for this game and I doubt I'd use it for anything else).

I may still get a Xbox 360 or PS3 one of these days, when I can afford a house, a HDTV, a new entertainment center, a beefier surge protector or UPS, controllers, games, and add-ons.

Until then, I have my laptop, Wii, PS2, Dreamcast, PS1, DS Lite, and GBA SP for gaming. I think that's more than sufficient. :)

SCORE: 9891
AVERAGE: 59.31FPS
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7300 @ 2.66GHz
Memory: 4096MB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Display Setting: 1280x720 59Hz

Yes, I use and love Windows 7... older components and I still got close to coldsteel's. I took my overclock off my cpu when I put windows 7 on just to keep it safe in my mind.

Maxed all the setting (cept vsync)...

SCORE: 8244
AVERAGE: 59.34FPS
Display Setting: 1680x1050 60Hz

True Maxed everything (A lot lower)

SCORE: 4638
AVERAGE: 30.32FPS
Display Setting: 1680x1050 60Hz C16xQAA

Last edited:
windows 7 64 bit isn't compatible with itunes yet. I'll download my rtm iso's once ms rtm's the final windows 7 code.

it makes sense that turning downt he settings increases your score because you aren't asking the video card to do as much...at the cost of not looking as good.

Well, tried it out.

Worse quality ever!

SCORE: 17885
AVERAGE: 93.35FPS
Display Setting: 640x480 60Hz

LOL!!!!! :D:eek:

The test went super fast that it was done less than 2 minutes. WOW!

Maxed EVERYTHING!

SCORE: 5050
AVERAGE: 25.55FPS
Display Setting: 1280x1024 60Hz 4xAA

"Unable to run this game"

HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Last edited:
To match corp: Lowest setting I could get:

SCORE: 40501