So...what's everyone playing now?

Shagz said:
Tek, have you tried Dawn of War?
I downloaded the demo, installed it, and played the tutorial. I have to admit, I did enjoy it. I hope to play through the demo campaign and decide whether or not to set aside some money for the game (once I start working again, that is). My game collection is sorely lacking in the "post-Starcraft real-time strategy game" category.

More than likely, I'll slowly work my way through the demo but decide to wait until Dawn of War hits the bargain bin and stick with Half-Life, Half-Life 2, UT2004, and all the mods I can stomach.

Super Mario (still staying classic old school)
CS (scrim mainly)
Wc3 (w/ my teammates. Teh triple footmen rush ftw!!!)
Lineage (thas right)

re: Dawn of War...
Tek7 said:
More than likely, I'll slowly work my way through the demo but decide to wait until Dawn of War hits the bargain bin and stick with Half-Life, Half-Life 2, UT2004, and all the mods I can stomach.

Ditto...I have to clear my plate of current games that I haven't beaten yet before I think about getting anything new. Let me know if you pick it up, maybe we can scrim sometime once I get my copy. BTW, there's an expansion coming out for it as well called "Winter Assault", adding in more single player missions, new units and a new faction.

As for me...

I just got payed today and will pick up bf 2 tomorrow. I will mainly play bf 2, but I also play cs: source occassionally. I also play Splinter Cell: CT and Halo 2, and sometimes Greg Hastings and ESPN NFL 2k5 on Xbox live.
I'll be pumped if we get a BF 2 Chapter. I've got a lot of ideas for it.

and as for WoW, I decided to not try it, because everyone I talk to that has it says its very addicting and I want to have a life and not be sucked into a game like that.

I play:
Delta Force Black hawk down
Counter Strike
Starcraft
Warcraft3
Delta Force land warrior thats it

I mostly play counter strike, i wanna get into counter strike source. These are the games i play here and there, when i get bored of cs.

AOE2
C&C Generals
Pharoah
Emporer
Halo (PC)
HL2
Flight Sim 2004
Homeworld 2
Rise of Nations
Empire Earth
Anno 1602
Anno 1603
Morrowind
Sim city 4
combat flight sim 3
Universal combat
Battle cruiser Millenium gold

And there is a few more, not counting consoles, umm, for xbox i play,
Steel Battalion
007:nightfire
halo 2
Project gotham racing 1 &2
full spectrum warrior

Then PS2, havent touched it in a long time, but when i do i play,
SOCOM 1 & 2
Armored core 3
ace combat 4

Gamecube, dont play any games on it.

I moslty cycle through all the PC games then go to xbox and get bored of those then to PS2 etc.

Hey how about Need for Speed Underground or NFSU2. there are demos to play online for free if you have broadband. (i can't play it because of that). I'd love to race online again. The last racing game online I played was Motorhead.
Chess.
Myst games are stragety oriented with beautiful graphics.
Descent 3
MS Combat Flight Sim
Worms 3D - demo in this. loads of fun for you and the Mrs.

Tek. Ol Slim is a waiting for my brothers to to join me on our new site.Like hehehe I have any skillz to play anything else. Totally funny huh since I can "BARELY" play cs but our Lord has sent me here and I have not a clue why but it IS A Wonderful Experiance. :)

ColdSteel said:
Hey how about Need for Speed Underground or NFSU2. there are demos to play online for free if you have broadband. (i can't play it because of that). I'd love to race online again. The last racing game online I played was Motorhead.
Chess.
Myst games are stragety oriented with beautiful graphics.
Descent 3
MS Combat Flight Sim
Worms 3D - demo in this. loads of fun for you and the Mrs.

Hey i play NFS U2! What kinda Car do you have? Id like to race you online sometime, send me a pm and lets work something out. I will pwnzor you in my Miata n00b! :D

I never had it but the Demo looked very cool. I like games where i can own my own cars. Porsche Unleashed was a VERY good game for those kinds of people, then i would say Underground 2.

I've falling into the following slump for games in order of time:

PC

Star Wars Galaxies (definitely worth it if you can handle the fees)
CounterStrike (can't ever get enough)
Half Life 2

PS2
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 9
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 7
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10
Fight Night 04
Finaly Fanstasy X and X-2

I'm pretty busy with other stuff, but the current docket is:

- Guild Wars (PC) - messing around with the 3 characters listed below
- Tales of Symphonia (GCN) - for the 3rd time, this time on the "mania" difficulty setting
- City of Heroes (PC) - my 2-week free trial is about to expire and I ain't paying.
- Freedom Force v. The 3rd Reich (PC) - my $10 cure for superhero RPG's in lieu of CoH

Oooh, I love these threads. Just proves how addicted to video games we are.

* Guild Wars (PC) - can't... get... enough
* NCAA Football 2006 (PS2) - ongoing dynasties
* MVP Baseball 2005 (PS2) - ongoing dynasties
* Disgaea: Hour of Darkness (PS2) - logged over 120 hours in three weeks, slowing down now due to Guild Wars
* God of War (PS2) - great way to take out aggression
* Mario Party 5&6 (GC) - every once in awhile I need to beat the wife at something

Back