So.... are there any artists here?

yes yes yes, stop bragging :p

I wonder who one makes chainmail, though. A site i sell stuff on has a lot of it on it and they sell for a bit.

I friend of mine made chain maille... pretty neat looking (and time consuming), but not very useful, it seems. =P

I normally can only copy. I did a fairly good drawing of Jack Skellington (he's a great character to practice drawing with) and Lock, Shock, and Barrel (also good characters to practice with).

I'm hoping to be able to do some sketches of some characters in this fantasy fiction story I'm writing.

But if you consider acting and writing a form of art - well, then I'm an artist.

Wait... These are drawn/painted/graphic things we're talking about... Well, er - pretty much the only thing I've drawn really well is...nothing. I stink.

Pfft. Art is more than painting and drawing. I rarely do either.

And mail is awesome! Paul and I (mainly Paul) made a chain mail shirt years ago, when we were doing LARPs. It weighs eleven pounds, and due to its basic design it will fit either of us.

We also used it a few times when Paul was director of the children's choir at our old church. Whatever guy got to wear it was always so proud...Of course, it was usually limited to a short period of time, cause that IS heavy for a fourth or fifth grader to wear. But he was the envy of all, regardless. :)

i like to sketch stuff......here lately i've been working on human anatomy...

i really like the eye sketch I did and you can see that in my signature;)

Writing's all I'm good at. And even that's debatable. :p

EDIT: Although, in another era, I used to create digital art and design web sites. I can't say I was especially good at either, though.

Last edited:
I absolutely detest drawing faces and hands. I just did a drawing of a Middle Eastern dancer to scan and use on an artist trading card...I left off the features, and didn't have to draw hands, since the title would cover them. :D Clever planning on my part, I must say.

Back