Scrim?

Captain_Tea

Anyone interested in getting together with Co30 for a friendly scrim :D? Co30 and MXC clans have been playing each other recently and I though it would be cool if we could get in on it too. I already talked with a Co30 guy and they are interested if you guys are. If you guys are interested let me know when you are generally available and I will get with them and we can set up a time. It would be cool if we could start doing clan stuff again with other clans. :D :) :p

Ho! Competition?!

THIS is what I play for! I didn't know anybody else was interested!

Are they on TWL?

Any time I'm on Xfire, I'm usually available. Just send me a message. I'm always up for a scrimmage.

I play 2v2 to 4v4 TDM, and TAM on the side.

I trust you guys remember how to connect to TS and all that?

Let's get this rolling. Teabags, since you know how to get a hold of them (and I've never met them), do you think you could arrange a date with them?

I've never played a competition game, and I'm not sure what TWL is, or how to get onto TS, so you guys will have to help me with that. I've already chatted with Zoe(Co30) and he is ready to go on their end. I can set a date with them if we can get enough people.

We're talking UT2004, right?

ToJ Teamspeak info is here.

Perhaps we can make this part of the ToJ 8th anniversary event we're talking about in the other thread?

Tues of next week, the 22nd, seems to be a good night for Tek, Kraniac, Cap'n Teabags and myself...how about them?

I'll ask? I'll bet we could get Missionary to play too. There server is only set up for 10 so we only need 5.

Tues of next week, the 22nd, seems to be a good night for Tek, Kraniac, Cap'n Teabags and myself...how about them?
Next Tuesday is my birthday, so I wouldn't be able to make a scrim that night. :(

I just posted this on their forums:

"Would you guys be interested in a scimmage with the TOJ's? If so we can try to figure out a time and place.

(We originally were thinking next Tuesday, but I just found out that doesn't work)"

Their forums are http://forums.co30.com if you want to join in the posting and figuring out a good time.

(We originally were thinking next Tuesday, but I just found out that doesn't work)"
Oh noes! I didn't mean for you all to plan around me. I just meant that I wouldn't be able to make a scrim then. I wouldn't be able to make Wednesday night either, so there aren't many times that work for me. Others' schedules are likely more flexible.

Oh noes! I didn't mean for you all to plan around me. I just meant that I wouldn't be able to make a scrim then. I wouldn't be able to make Wednesday night either, so there aren't many times that work for me. Others' schedules are likely more flexible.

Tuesday didn't work for them either so don't sweat it. We got the ball rolling though and i'm sure if we can come up with some days and time frames. We'll get something going. I am kind of thinking the first weekend in June, with the holiday weekend coming up next weekend, that way it won't interfere with anyone's plans.

Here is a link to my post on their forums

http://forums.co30.com/viewtopic.php?p=3182#3182

Last edited:
Ok, so if Tues is no good this week for Tek and Cap't Tea Bags, do you guys have a better night this week to particiapte in some 8th Anniversary gaming action?

Post back over here, we'll keep this thread focused on just future scrims with Co30.

Co30 is going to try to drum up a team for the the first weekend in June. Is that doable for you guys?

My weekends are quickly filling up with summer activities, and the first of June is no exception. I could probably swing something the Sunday evening of that weekend, or if need be, the Sat evening (but the Sun evening is preferred).

Don't need to make any exceptions for me though, if you can get a full roster for Fri or Sat night, rock it!

From the other thread...

Cool, It would be nice if we could meet once every week or 2 or whatever people can manage. Do you guys think that is in the realm of possibility.

Like Tek mentioned, I'm afraid my schedule also makes regular game nights a no-go for me, at least right now. I'm just involved in too many side-projects and other groups this year to make a regular commitment to game. :p

Once UT3 comes out though, if it rocks and the UT community at large embraces it, we'll work on making a larger push on letting people know about our little community and hopefully introduce some new players who have more free time and are focussed on that kind of gaming.

I'll ask? I'll bet we could get Missionary to play too. There server is only set up for 10 so we only need 5.

Wait, what? 5v5?

Something tells me they don't play on TWL. Is there even UTComp on the server?

I don't want to be a jerk or anything, and I'll certainly play these guys for kicks, but it seems hardly worth calling it a scrimmage unless we can play using the standard TWL/CAL/CPL/WCG rules.

Wait, what? 5v5?

Something tells me they don't play on TWL. Is there even UTComp on the server?

I don't want to be a jerk or anything, and I'll certainly play these guys for kicks, but it seems hardly worth calling it a scrimmage unless we can play using the standard TWL/CAL/CPL/WCG rules.

They don't typically run their server like that, but perhaps you could tell me what to ask them or you could go on their forums and ask them to set it up for comp (you know a lot more about it than I do). If they don't want to change their server maybe they will meet us on one that is set up to your liking. Here's the link to my thread on their forums http://forums.co30.com/viewtopic.php?p=3182#3182

What exactly is twl? Pardon my ignorance I have only been playing ut for about a 1 1/2 yrs and have never played in a competition.

Last edited:
TWL is the Team Warfare League, the most popular, and arguably the standard, league for competition.

Anyway, if they don't have a server set up for it, then I am sure we can provide another one. Resurrection is probably cool with us using one of theirs, and if that isn't the case, the LOB 1v1 server can easily be passworded for scrimmages, and it already has TWL settings as a voteable gametype. They don't have to go to all the trouble of setting it up themselves, as it can take a while.

Anyway, if they don't have a server set up for it, then I am sure we can provide another one. Resurrection is probably cool with us using one of theirs, and if that isn't the case, the LOB 1v1 server can easily be passworded for scrimmages, and it already has TWL settings as a voteable gametype. They don't have to go to all the trouble of setting it up themselves, as it can take a while.

Let me know what server and I will pass it on to them.:cool:

Either of the resurrection private servers are usually available, and failing that, the LOB 1v1 server can be made private and has votable configs for everything from 1v1 to 4v4.

In the interest of making this happen would all those who wish to participate please post which days and times over the next couple of weeks work out the best for you? Whichever days work best for the most of us collectively will be the days I propose to Co30 for the scrimmage. :)

Back