RIFT - Questions about the game

I have to run TS as administrator to be able to talk while playing...that is the only bug I have had with Beta 7...this was not so in Beta 6

only bug ive noticed this beta is the same visual bug that theyve been having trouble with since beta 5 lol, the one that looks sorta like a pyramid of lightning floating in the air.

I'm gonna be a runecrafter for sure, you can get gear through quests/rifts/dungeons/crafting, but runes are only through crafting. I'll probably pair it up with outfitter and butchering since outfitter only needs the one gathering profession and outfitter will help with gathering mats for runecrafting

We should coordinate to have one of each crafter (at least) and the rest can gather mats. That way we don't have 10 Artificers and 2 Runecrafters, etc. Just a thought.

Is there going to be a manual for those purchase on Steam? There isn't one now, but perhaps it's because the game hasn't released yet.

I've heard rumors about an "early start" for those who pre-ordered. Is there any truth to that? Can those who got it thru Steam start early?

Yes for anyone who pre-ordered digital or physical box, the headstart is on the 24th. The 1st is when the game is available on the shelves.

No manual that I know of, but our links and tips thread in this forum has a lot of good info.

Also as beta ends we will start up a crafting thread where people can sign up to be the "master craftsman" of a trade for the guild. Guild resources will go towards helping him level the skill in return for serving the guild with the craft. ( idea in progress)

Last edited:
Do we have any technical people here?

I'm trying to get the game to run at 6028x1200 rez. It's Nvidia Surround (triple monitor, but not 3D). The possibility looks available thru the in-game settings however the selection for resolutions literally goes off the margin of the screen and there is no way to scroll to it.

So my question is does anyone know how to alter a .ini file or any other file that will help me?

Do we have any technical people here?

I'm trying to get the game to run at 6028x1200 rez. It's Nvidia Surround (triple monitor, but not 3D). The possibility looks available thru the in-game settings however the selection for resolutions literally goes off the margin of the screen and there is no way to scroll to it.

So my question is does anyone know how to alter a .ini file or any other file that will help me?

Ok, I stumbled upon the solution. I had to run in Fullscreen Windowed mode and that then made the game default to the native desktop resolution which is the 6028x1200.

I will say I'm very disappointed with performance. I'm using 2-460's OC'ed to 810 core clock and shader clock at 1620. Memory is 1GB per card and running at 1900 clock. On MEDIUM settings I'm getting an avg of 19 FPS...frankly medium settings blow and to have it running at 19 FPS is a double whammy. When doing 1920x1200 I can set things to ULTRA and stay above 30 FPS.

Am I really underpowered or should I be making tweaks I don't know about.

Le sigh...

Hello Jonathan,

We have had multiple users from University of Alaska contact us regarding this issue and I believe it is due to them having a transparent proxy set up on the network. This could be for multiple reasons but it is what's causing the issue. Sadly there is nothing I can do from this end to solve the issue as they would have to lift this...the ports are no longer a problem now it is just the fact that the connection is proxied.

/back2wow4reelzdisstime

Question about races:

I will be playing a rogue today. In beta, humans got a +10 Dex stat and a +30% movement speed for the team. So, this seems the obvious choice. However, I LOVED having the Angelic Flight (jump). I used it constantly. Do you think it would be worth giving up the +10 Dex to be an elf with the angelic flight instead? The +30% movement speed would come in hand when running from rift to rift though, but I would imagine it's negated when mounts come along anyway.

Last edited:
Question about races:

I will be playing a rogue today. In beta, humans got a +10 Dex stat and a +30% movement speed for the team. So, this seems the obvious choice. However, I LOVED having the Angelic Flight (jump). I used it constantly. Do you think it would be worth giving up the +10 Dex to be an elf with the angelic flight instead? The +30% movement speed would come in hand when running from rift to rift though, but I would imagine it's negated when mounts come along anyway.

The person we had in the Alpha told us the other day in TS3 that they dropped the +10 to stat stuff from the races. This was in order to keep people from making this kind of choice. SO Yea go with what you want, you should be able to go elf for flight or human for movement speed.

Dwarf Racial is the best in the game...angelic flight can be buggy and terrain can mess you up...being able to drop twice as far before taking fall damage is priceless!

Back