Recently Seen Movie(s)

theaters: monster house, it reminded me exactly of the way my life is. crazy skinny kid = me, fat ecentric kid = josiah/paul best friends, girl = the lovely starfire, gamer geek guy = pwnbeard aka david

i saw click and one of my friends cried :confused: when adam sandler "died" and i had to calm her down... tears are contagious when around me >.< but then he woke up and she started laughing them off

i want to see my super ex-girlfriend it looks hilarious, and plus it has uma, the kill bill star (i loved kill bill it was so hilariously idiotic)

Taliesin said:
I heard Lady in the Water is a pretty slow movie. M. Night has really slipped... to the point I'm thinking he's a one trick pony who will never again succeed with a great movie like the Sixth Sense. Unbreakable was really good, but since then he's pretty much lost it. Signs was good, the Village was horrible.
*die* i liked the village... although what is shameful is the advertisements using melodrama: "OMG THIS MOVIE IS HORRIFYING WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE" and it's got one part where i almost wanted to jump (when the guy in the suit jumped out from behind the tree)... it was still an okay movie though besides the overreactions to the horror

i want to see lady in the water it looks... interesting, like the village was.

I thought that the Village was good and Signs and Unbreakable were not.

Anyway, I don't blame him for being hit or miss. Using plot twists as a formula only works if you're as good a writer as Rod Serling was, and there's really one one person who is.

Think about Superman Returns, for those who have seen it.

Now think about Superman as portrayed in the movie as Jesus. Forget the whole sleeping with Lois and fathering her child. The line when he takes Lois into space-- she said that the world doesn't need a savior-- then Superman hears the cries of the entire world asking for one. Doing the "miracles" of saving many people from imminent death. His fight with Lex and his gang, where the men beat him like the soldiers beat Christ, and how the "killing" blow was a kryptonite "spear" in his side. How, in his death, he saved the world, how while he was in his coma, his room was guarded by two policemen, and when the nurse went to check on him, she found only his bedsheets, the window pushed back, and an empty room.

Scary, isn't it?

I'm gonna be weird and say that I've liked all of M Night Shamalamadingdong's movies so far (The Sixth Sense being my favorite), and I'm looking forward to seeing Lady In The Water probably sometime this week. I probably wouldn't be interested in that movie at all if it wasn't from him.

Most recent in a theatre-type setting:
Ice Age: The Meltdown
Saw it at Georgia Tech's Screen on the Green-type thing last month. Loved it! Excellent animation, wonderful story.

Pirates II
Mixed about it. Too gross, really. It just seemed forced. Also, I DO NOT like the Jack Sparrow character. I just don't like the glorification of a self-involved, anything-for-a-profit guy. But I love both Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann...until Elizabeth did what she did at the end.

Superman Returns
Bill had some good points. Most certainly enjoyed it, but not excited by it (except on the philosophical level, as already noted).

X-Men 3
Loved it. Really. Phoenix/Jean Gray is one of my faves. It's a bit of a twist on the other versions of the Phoenix, but really well done. And the tension caused by the cure and Rogue's response was perfectly done.

MaidMirawyn said:
Pirates II
Mixed about it. Too gross, really. It just seemed forced. Also, I DO NOT like the Jack Sparrow character. I just don't like the glorification of a self-involved, anything-for-a-profit guy. But I love both Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann...until Elizabeth did what she did at the end.

Then why did you go see a movie about pirates?

I Robot
The Island
Jurasic Park

btw, I loved The Others, It is one of the best ghost stories with a twist. When they are running upstairs my surround sound runs above your head with the footsteps. Awesome!

MaidMirawyn said:
Pirates II
All of these things would seem like normal complaints if you were talking about some other movie, but we're talking about PIRATES here! Pirates are all about being self-involved and doing anything for a profit! Including that thing Elizabeth did at the end! All the main characters are kind of... well as the monkey island games put it "of low moral fiber".

Anyway, I saw Pirates 2 recently as well, and I had a grand old time! Fun fun fun from beginning to end, even moreso than the first one. The only problem was that the ending was way abrupt, and it's probably gonna make the second and third movies feel like one movie because they really just started the story of the third one and used that as an ending. I don't mind cliffhangers, but stopping a movie like that is absurd.

Finally saw V for Vendetta. Besides their blatant political statements, it was a great movie.

Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest was great special effects, good character development, but I agree the end of the movie really upset me.

Killerah said:
All of these things would seem like normal complaints if you were talking about some other movie, but we're talking about PIRATES here! Pirates are all about being self-involved and doing anything for a profit! Including that thing Elizabeth did at the end! All the main characters are kind of... well as the monkey island games put it "of low moral fiber".

Anyway, I saw Pirates 2 recently as well, and I had a grand old time! Fun fun fun from beginning to end, even moreso than the first one. The only problem was that the ending was way abrupt, and it's probably gonna make the second and third movies feel like one movie because they really just started the story of the third one and used that as an ending. I don't mind cliffhangers, but stopping a movie like that is absurd.

MONKEY ISLAND FTW!

Talladega Nights: The Balled of Ricky Bobby

I also purchased Running Scared and the V for Vendetta special edition today and watched those also.

Last edited:
Got Vongo, so recently I've seen:

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle
The Brothers Grimm
Stealth
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo

I also downloaded:

Howl's Moving Castle
Are We There Yet?
Thunderbirds
Aero Troopers (horrible looking CG kids movie)
and Proof

I started watching Kung Phooey! but fell asleep several times during it.

Back