Re: Raiding Requirements (gear/stat)

I would hope none of them do. I could understand rank 4-5 HoL before patch 2.3 but now that +healing doesn't apply the same to down ranked heals it is not as mana vs healing efficient as it used to be.

I'm with Plankeye on this one. FoL for a pally is much more mana efficient than other healing specs. Downranking just doesn't give the bang for the buck that it used to. With good MP5 most 25-man boss fights require 0 to 1 mana pots depending on the amount of time engaged.

Yea, I can help out with the shaman trees, especially the pew pew ones.

I always try to research on the shaman classes (except the wow shaman forums have alot of whining). Learning shot rotations, totem twisting , loving your super mana potions, loving your alchemist stone, loving your drums of restoration, loving your shadow priest.

I know a few things about shaman healing, but I think that's Angrywife's department, just knowing that Chain Heal is your best friend and have a couple of rank 1 healing waves to stack healing way and save your mana on downranked heals, cuz shamans are horribly mana ineffecient.

Enhancement I know the least about, but I can't think to be that difficult as long as you're not going to crazy too early or you'll be eating the wrong end of a crushing blow.

I can help show you the good gear to have to go in there too, no epics needed to enter Kara. I went in with Tidefury and no badge items. Even with the requirements list when it was first printed out said that all casters needed at least 850 +damage of their primary school but I know Tree and I went in with around 450-550 and we stood toe to toe with the best of them. (well Tree did at least cuz he just does that somehow)

And if any serious shaman wants to raid, you'll at least need some sort of totem timer.

Totems?

totemcat-miles.jpg

I'm with Plankeye on this one. FoL for a pally is much more mana efficient than other healing specs. Downranking just doesn't give the bang for the buck that it used to. With good MP5 most 25-man boss fights require 0 to 1 mana pots depending on the amount of time engaged.

rank 1 HL heals for about 160, 210 crit, its no longer a down rank.

think harder.

at a cost of 35 mana, yes.

In TK i've healed from al'ar to kaelthas, the only time i didnt have it up is when im healing the warlock tank along with all the other healers in phase 1, spamming FoL was simply more efficient.

other times, when the tank has enough mitigation and multiple healers, having a light's grace up allows me to pull the tank back from a crushing to full in an instant. did a lot of rank 1 holy lights on al'ar phase 1, entire fight of solarian and last phase of KT.

it's also something you should have prior to the tank going in.

i.e. teron gorefiend, when everyone moves in with the tank, the difference of a wipe due to MT death is that .5 second difference.

it causes your HoL timer to be reduced to 2.0, so if you are spamming heals on the MT and hes full health do a rank1 just to keep the buff up so the next one can always be reduced time max rank if needed

at a cost of 35 mana, yes.

In TK i've healed from al'ar to kaelthas, the only time i didnt have it up is when im healing the warlock tank along with all the other healers in phase 1, spamming FoL was simply more efficient.

other times, when the tank has enough mitigation and multiple healers, having a light's grace up allows me to pull the tank back from a crushing to full in an instant. did a lot of rank 1 holy lights on al'ar phase 1, entire fight of solarian and last phase of KT.

it's also something you should have prior to the tank going in.

i.e. teron gorefiend, when everyone moves in with the tank, the difference of a wipe due to MT death is that .5 second difference.

haha illyria been raiding this week lawlz while i been watching movies all day long

Enchant/Socket
All raiders are required to have the best gems and best enchants on all the gear they can at all times. If they get a new piece they have one week to enchant or get the gems for that item. If they can't they will need to talk to their class lead and he should be able to point you in the proper direction to achieve these goals.

enchants and sockets are all fine and dandy but there some people who cant afford the enchants or the blue socket gems because of rising cost of raid materials such as mana pot , elixirs , oils and food.

Brug, we have talked about this time and time again. Do your dailies and start learning to farm. Lack of money is not an excuse...

When I see people fully prepared I see people that want to raid... otherwise I may think you are just in it for gear.

If you need tips with farming let me know...there are allot of options.

Enchant/Socket
All raiders are required to have the best gems and best enchants on all the gear they can at all times. If they get a new piece they have one week to enchant or get the gems for that item. If they can't they will need to talk to their class lead and he should be able to point you in the proper direction to achieve these goals.

enchants and sockets are all fine and dandy but there some people who cant afford the enchants or the blue socket gems because of rising cost of raid materials such as mana pot , elixirs , oils and food.

Believe it or not gold is really easy to come by o.0
btw mana pots are free and so are food and as a pally why do u even need mana potions? its not like we pallies run out of mana ever

Believe it or not gold is really easy to come by o.0
btw mana pots are free and so are food and as a pally why do u even need mana potions? its not like we pallies run out of mana ever

Hmm....if this is true...Chalice has a long way to go :-( I use mana pots....

I tried to waste mana, but i can only bring myself down to around 6k mana(from 11k) after teron gorefiend.

pally going OOM has always been a myth to me(no, no shadow priest).

I spend about 70pct of my time farming mats and gold. My 2 cents, pick a faction to grind rep and put in some work. It's a win-win you get rep, gold, stuff to vendor and some to AH.

is chalice holy spec? I use mana pots if I am healing as prot spec(actually I use even more when tanking:p) but when I was holy spec it takes forever to go OOM, never happened in PVE and only in PVP after long battles, like holding the middle of EoTS for 15 minutes or so heh

is chalice holy spec? I use mana pots if I am healing as prot spec(actually I use even more when tanking:p) but when I was holy spec it takes forever to go OOM, never happened in PVE and only in PVP after long battles, like holding the middle of EoTS for 15 minutes or so heh

see even Wheretoo said so...as a holy pally and you are going OOM then you are doing something wrong and might need to consider relearning your class

yea, they never run out. The fight has to be like 3 hours long or something before they go oom.

I have seen Lukey on nightbane standing in the orbs to take damage so he could get healed to regen mana heh

I'm not sure but I think Chalice is still ret:)

Back