Re: Raiding Requirements (gear/stat)

Is the heirarchy as the new structure is listed? ie.....the last listed have the least authority?
This is a bit confusing... what are you asking?

Why the emphasis on raiding when there are so few interested in actually doing raids?
What? where are you getting this information... You know the last two weeks we have raided Gruul... but no one is interested? What do you mean, or you just trying to stir up trouble. If the latter is the case just PM you questions to me.

All I see is the class system....and nonraiders are second class.....unless they are officers that is
Sure, to a person looking for a reason to reject or slap away this. But This is not a I'm better then you cause I'm a raid thing. Just cause you are an officer doesn't mean you will raid. These policies are giving the Members more rights to raid, Officer or not.

raiders arent gonna have anything over a regular member other than a better shot at getting on progression team. and if the member isnt into raiding they wont care about that either

More then happy to help out Pallies since I have 3 of them and have been playing one since closed beta way back when.

I would like to request one absolute requirement for pallies raiding. They must have pally power. If everyone has pally power, you only need one pally setup with raid assist to assign buffs for all pallies in raid. It is faster and more accurate then using redpallies to chat out assignments, who has improved versions of buffs, who has kings/sanctification, who doesn't have enough symbols, who is not in redpallies...

For the LIGHT!

And, for similar reasons, I'll help out on the retribution paladin front (until Proudfoot returns--he's at least half again the pally I'll ever be :))

quick OT question: how many of you holy pallies have a rank 1 holy light on your bars?

and I will cover all 3 types of druids, feral is easiest for me of course, I will be able to point to you every single piece of blue-gear from NORMAL instances that will allow you to tank all the bosses in kara(minus prince+nightbane), yes, you heard me, no epics required.

for healing, it is a little tougher, I've done theorycrafting so many times with miri IRL as well as on my own, and I will be able to tell you the best available blue gears also, so no epics required i can get your healing to around 1200, and teaching you how to heal? thats a no brainer.... i'll just find that lifebloom cartoon some time and show it to you.

moonkin, out of all 3 specs, i know moonkin the least, BUT, I have the great sapphiron with me (the real one), and moonkin gear requirement will also be significantly more strict compared to the other 2 specs due to the spec itself being the way it is right now.

Last edited:
This is a bit confusing... what are you asking?

What? where are you getting this information... You know the last two weeks we have raided Gruul... but no one is interested? What do you mean, or you just trying to stir up trouble. If the latter is the case just PM you questions to me.

Sure, to a person looking for a reason to reject or slap away this. But This is not a I'm better then you cause I'm a raid thing. Just cause you are an officer doesn't mean you will raid. These policies are giving the Members more rights to raid, Officer or not.

I talked to Nevi and cleared up most of my questions and confusion. As for my first question, he explained that the "chain of command" is pretty much linear as listed from the guild leader on down with the only branch being close to the bottom member = raiders....with the exception of raiding invites. (Which also clarifies my third question).

As for my second comment on the emphasis on raiding....I couldn't get 10 of 35 people online to raid last night....so I just don't see that its a priority for the majority of the guild.....at times. After rereading the posts, the majority of changes are for those who raid, or want to....hence the emphasis on spreading the news to those people.....I am blonde ya know.

I for one love to raid and hang out with my friends in dungeons....but I don't want my other friends in the guild who pvp or are more casual forgotten. I guess I'll just wait and see how they impliment this doesn't seem so drastic when I picture it as which side of the dotted line do you want to be on not so much a status symbol.

If I misinterpreted anything you said and posted here Nevi....I will change it/you can edit it. My intention as I stated before was not to stir up trouble.....but I always tend to do that :-( I apologise

Yea, I can help out with the shaman trees, especially the pew pew ones.

I always try to research on the shaman classes (except the wow shaman forums have alot of whining). Learning shot rotations, totem twisting , loving your super mana potions, loving your alchemist stone, loving your drums of restoration, loving your shadow priest.

I know a few things about shaman healing, but I think that's Angrywife's department, just knowing that Chain Heal is your best friend and have a couple of rank 1 healing waves to stack healing way and save your mana on downranked heals, cuz shamans are horribly mana ineffecient.

Enhancement I know the least about, but I can't think to be that difficult as long as you're not going to crazy too early or you'll be eating the wrong end of a crushing blow.

I can help show you the good gear to have to go in there too, no epics needed to enter Kara. I went in with Tidefury and no badge items. Even with the requirements list when it was first printed out said that all casters needed at least 850 +damage of their primary school but I know Tree and I went in with around 450-550 and we stood toe to toe with the best of them. (well Tree did at least cuz he just does that somehow)

And if any serious shaman wants to raid, you'll at least need some sort of totem timer.

i have a friend who just cleared BT this weekend, he was resto shaman til pass ssc/tk, then respec'd enhancement, I can always ask him for some help about enhancement if no one in our guild knows the raiding role of an enhancement shaman.

Angry, from what I read (and mordos already posted / quoted you on it) you answered your own question. =(

More then happy to help out Pallies since I have 3 of them and have been playing one since closed beta way back when.

I would like to request one absolute requirement for pallies raiding. They must have pally power. If everyone has pally power, you only need one pally setup with raid assist to assign buffs for all pallies in raid. It is faster and more accurate then using redpallies to chat out assignments, who has improved versions of buffs, who has kings/sanctification, who doesn't have enough symbols, who is not in redpallies...

For the LIGHT!

Agreed. PallyPower is easy mode for pally buffing. There is no reason not to have this.

I know I'm a nooblet to the guild and I've really appreciated being in a group that choses to glorify Christ in all things.

Is there a chance we could kill Mag this weekend? I'm familiar with the fight and we took Mag down several times on my old server. I think if our avg. dps output is good (avg. 800+ dps for melee and casters) we could do it. I think we have the healers and the tanks in the guild, but I'm not sure.

quick OT question: how many of you holy pallies have a rank 1 holy light on your bars?

I would hope none of them do. I could understand rank 4-5 HoL before patch 2.3 but now that +healing doesn't apply the same to down ranked heals it is not as mana vs healing efficient as it used to be.

I would hope none of them do. I could understand rank 4-5 HoL before patch 2.3 but now that +healing doesn't apply the same to down ranked heals it is not as mana vs healing efficient as it used to be.

I would hope all of them do, but i hope you all can figure out the "why" yourself, like Chinatown did.

Is there a chance we could kill Mag this weekend? I'm familiar with the fight and we took Mag down several times on my old server. I think if our avg. dps output is good (avg. 800+ dps for melee and casters) we could do it. I think we have the healers and the tanks in the guild, but I'm not sure.

The healers and tanks right now during the Christmas season would be a problem. 3 of our best tanks are not going to be on much at all this month and our healer situation is still... problematic at times, meaning not enough online at the same time.

I would hope all of them do, but i hope you all can figure out the "why" yourself, like Chinatown did.

I know I'm not one of your raiders, but I try to have a basic understanding of every class. I don't have a healadin, so I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

The only thing I can figure is that Flash Heal(R1) requires so little mana that a heal for 300 is better than 0 healing (when functioning as the 2nd/3rd healer), and you can chain 300's forever because of your passive mana regen and/or until a cooldown comes up.

Have I even gotten close?

Back