Rainbows and Mustard Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
A once in a life time rainbow, my other brother finally threw in the rag and told my dad he didnt need him and didnt want to have anything to do with him anymore.  2 down, 1 to go.  Again, once in a life time rainbow, my wisdom teeth removal surgery went well and i've just about recovered completely.  And i praise that i've done a lot of self reflecting over the last 2 weeks, and i've decided to let God take me where he wants me, what field i will work in, what to go to college for, ect.

Talon

i had a formal hearing test to make sure i didt have nothing wrong (lately my hearing has been low and in the past ive had some troubles) but everything came out ok, i got the equavilent of a 97% on the tests ^_^

Very cool how God is helping me find my voice, I will be leading the Church I attend this coming Jan 23rd in Baptist Men's Day. I will be sharing my testimony and a little about my walk with God.

A major praise, well actually the government paying me about $85,000 for college.  I applied for the FAFSA, federal student aid, and i was granted full ride on the private colleges i am applying for which run about 20k a year.  Thank the Lord, i can go to college and its all paid for.

You all are becoming my rainbows and mustard seeds. Thank you so much for having the faith in our Lord to actually take a few minutes to sing His praises.
Blessings,"Angel"

God convicted me of something I am not doing right now. It is going to be hard, but I am so thankful that God showed me a place in my life where I can serve Him better

Every day when I get up I thank God for a new day.
Every day I thank GOD that he send HIS SON to die for my sin.

Praise God for all He has given me. He gave me the voice to speak with today when I gave my testimony in my church. He gave me people to support me, a few who spoke very kind words of me before my introduction, and just for the loving church family who was extremely receptive. Christ did it all, He gives me blessings to share what He did to the multitudes who gather. Glory be to Him!

My praise for the last few weeks is making it through finals and the end of the semester for high school.  A rainbow for me is getting accepted to the college i wanted to go to, so thats settled and i'm going there.  Another praise is that i am officially done with my position in ajrotc and that elleiviates a lot of stress.  Seems that things are looking up for me.

Things in my life have been decidedly more difficult in 2005. Everything has been challenging and my family has had to deal with some pretty unusual circumstances. Well, a co-worker of mine came into my office today and told me she was praying for me and having faith that good things were coming my way. I was told not worry about anything, that her faith in the good things was enough for both of us. This is the second time this week I have been told the same thing by two different people in two different locations. God has sent two wonderful people to uplift me this week.

What an awesome night. We went out and had a family night at Chuck E. Cheese's. It was great. Praises to God for giving me such an awesome family. Our daughter has been working hard at learning to write her lower case letters and numbers. Even through the struggles, she is learning them.

I love my family so much and am blessed by them daily.

LoL. ChuckE. Cheeses! I went there when I was little with my friends. It was a blast. But then, along game Q-Zar and Laser Quest... Heh heh.

For me, I like mustardseeds. Hmmm... Long story.

Before, I lived in a city called Benecia. I was smart
*over there, now here, i'm considered normal*
and got 4.0's alot. Average kid, (I guess, maybe alittle of a nerd but whatever.) and I went to church, believed, blahblahblah. But when you have NEVER been on fire, you are not really able to apply much of ANYTHING you learn at church or whatever. But we moved in middle of 7th grade, and I went to EganIntermediateSchool, public school, really good school. So, I didnt' do as well, cause its better. Blahblahblah, then along comes EIGHTGRADE SUMMER. I went to *now the infamous* BAAYF! Again, now I can actually APPLY the stuff I learn, I don't know, I guess it comes with age or something. But without that, I would still be a Christian walking around with my eyes half-open. That's how I feel when I reflect on my past, when I had never been "onfire". But I want to thank God for opening my eyes, and he will help me tape them up forever and ever.

*puts tapes on eyeslids* OUCH! :p

Btw, checkout google search for "Jaeson Ma". *yes that's spelled right*. He's REALLLLHEEEEEEAAAAALLY good speaker. On COMPLETE on fireness for 6 years straight. Amazing... Even I couldn't do like 6 months *i've had my ups and downs*. *it's been um... like 8 months.

Thanks God, and Thanks for these forums! :)

this last weekend i worked with a food package operation that had around 900people and we made 285,000 food packages for orphans in sri lanka. the website is cotni.org and they posted alot of pics, i picked out the ones my family was in so hope u dont mind alot of room for this post being used

Me with techy guy
98490ac0b9.jpg

my family
5ec17541fb.jpg

group shot
6c971a940f.jpg

Parents taping stuff
717ba39096.jpg

Praise Jesus, I am happy your daugther is doing well! Prayer is powerful!

My praise is for The Lord Jesus Christ, for My Children, My wife, my Job, My friends, for my Life. For being forgiven from that which I was. For going thru everything I did and not letting it eat me and making me the monster so many others became.

For changing my Heart. For not having to sit in prison for stupid mistakes and being gifted the right course of action when everyone wanted to go do the wrong path, for my friends being gifted the right decision making skills when my actions would have been evil and destructive. For God being God and for making me who I am

I am thankful for all I have including but not limited to the CGA and all of you beautiful people, who I believe in my spirit are God sent and anointed to seek question help all of us solidify our Faith in fellowship

Praise be to the Savior, My Lord Jesus Christ who makes all things possible!

Last edited:
WOOOT JUST GOT HOME!!!! WE WON A FREAKING TON! FOR ME I WON GOLD FOR COMMUNITY SERVICE WHICH GETS ME TO NATIONALS AND A SILVER FOR AMERICAN SPIRIT WHICH I MAY STILL BE ABLE TO COMPETE IN IT. and also chapter display is one of our main ones that won ^_^ i'll get pictures soon

Looking back I can see God working all along in many ways. I spent more time with Him than I would normally be able with all the time off. Because of friends and family I got to go out and be treated often...'spoiled' if you will. I have not lacked a thing in these past months. He is so precious to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A JOY!!! A JOB!!! FINALLY, A JOB!!!
Thank you all so very much for your prayers and support. The LORD answered above and beyond. This interview was the first of its kind for me... a three hour lunch! The LORD seemed to have given me favor before I ever arrived! I will be working for a local newspaper that focuses on the LORD, yes, you read it right...THE LORD!!!! ... and how He works in the lives of, and through others! It involves some desktop publishing and graphics. Here is the email I received yesterday before our lunch date:

Dear Marcylene:
I would love to discuss this job opportunity with you. I am not really interested in your resume. I would love to share my ideas about our publication and how we can grow and bring Glory to God. Bring your ideas, too.

It is a community newspaper. We publish positive and edifying news about people and businesses. Our goal is that in the process of getting pertinent information to the reader, the reader will most importantly, meet Jesus Christ in some shape or fashion and God will be glorified.

We need someone that is hands on and can run things from typesetting to eventually really running the Publication.

Newspaper involves quite a bit, circulation, selling advertisements, typesetting, ect, etc.

Where our candidate comes in is typesetting now and running the publication in the future. She will be trained in all aspects of publishing so she can interact with a great degree of publishing knowledge.

If you are interested, let us hear from you.

Have a blessed day,
Joycelyne

Isn't that terrific??? You guys can pray for me anytime Thank you. God is so very good! I have been waiting six months for a job and she, her husband, and staff have been praying for God to send someone the same length of time. I have never seen her ad, just was told about it by an acquaintance a couple of days ago, who then, in turn contacted this lady, then took me to lunch in celebration seeing she had more faith than I did that this was the job for me! I would also like to give a thank you to Litsafalda here. I am not one to pray in public, but partly because of her prodding, I felt very comfortable doing so at both lunch dates! God has a plan, and it amazes me how He works it all out!!!! I am not sure of all the reasons for the wait, but I think I have learned to trust Him more. I must admit, my faith was getting a bit shakey the last few days. He truly knows and cares how much we are able to bear. I so often feel I do not deserve it, nevertheless, God always loves me and He has gone above and beyond caring for my every need during all this time. If I were a proper servant, I would have sent out praise reports daily, He truly deserved them... and always does.

I had wonderful busy week. People from 3 different counties come to visit our church. For once all those counties had spring break at the same time. The youth minister decided to do something on every day for the youth (6-12grade). I decided to help out the whole week. We had a great turnout. I have been blessed working with the youth. I thank GOD for giving me the opportunity to work with them this week and throughout the year.

I want to thank God for spoiling me rotten! Looking back...being out of work for six months, I had no lack. Not only that, I had above and beyond the food and clothing that He promises! While I have not had a new dress in ages, there is nothing wrong with the ones that I have. lol Amazingly, my new boss, (She does not like to be called that, she says God is our boss! I tease her and say, "Just like in a marriage, if you don't have a head, you have a freak!!!) has a dress shop connected to our office! She has told me to pick out what I want!
He spoils me! I want to trust Him so very badly, and never doubt! I would love to say that was my attitude today, but it was more like, LORD, the month has ended, I do not have rent, if you want me to sleep under a bridge, I will love you still. I won't like it, but nevertheless, I will serve you to the best of my ability. Granted, through doubting, that is difficult to say! I have cried a river it seems, as I have cried out to Him. A total stranger (who had heard through a second hand source that heard from a family memeber) has just told me he will have rent to me within the next hour! Incredible! God is good to me and I truly do not deserve it! I have never been loved like this. My heart desires to put Him first and love Him most. In all honesty, it has not been easy these past few months. Sometimes I hate that I am the Spiritual child of Abraham. How soon I sometimes forget, just like a true Israelite...He has just blessed me, why would He stop now? I am in hopes that I am learning lessons here. For one, He has shown me the tithe is His and His multiplication of it far outweighs my widow-like mite.
I will not be satisfied until I favor my Father. *sigh* to the best of my understanding, we are to strive for that, but it ain't happenin' 'till we are in His presence.
Sorry, I talk too much, I know! I just want to proclaim that God is good to wretches like me. That is further proclamation of His Love, His Abundant Grace, and never-ending Lovingkindness full of Mercy.
I have been blessed, too, by the prayers, patience, and persistent kindness and love, of everyone here. I can never thank you enough. I don't say it enough, but you are daily cause for me to praise. You help me to grow and your love for the LORD and compassion for others is a shining example for all to behold.

Last edited:
I did my first publication today! Semi-by myself! Thank you for all your prayers. I have been thanking God as the publishing world becomes more familiar. I feel He sits there and shows me things as I am working! Literally!
I also want to praise Him that He has given me a job with a boss that desires to glorify Him with her business. She asked me to please turn up my Bible on CD today! I can't get over the preciousness of it all! She is always having us pray with people who come in, too. I feel so very blessed. God is so good! He has gone above and beyond what I asked or thought and the things I has asked you to pray about. Bless His Holy name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back