Rainbows and Mustard Seeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
Again I fell led to remind this community that we are not taking enough time to sing God's Praises and to tell Him "Thank You" for all of His blessings. With this said, I am going to aske all of you again to start sharing with the community.

Mustard seeds and the smaller and more frequent every day type of blessing that God gives us. Most of us probably overlook many of these every day.

Rainbows are those bigger blessings and tend to come less often but you really know what they are when you receive them.

Again my challenge to everyone in the community is to keep this thread going by sharing their blessings each week regardless if they are Rainbows or Mustard Seeds.

I am hoping these will be soo many that at the end of each quarter will well just add links to the past blessings and start again.

Here's the link to the first thread. http://www.cgalliance.org/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=75;t=5193

Blessings,"Angel"

Now with the new thread posted. Here are my some of my rainbows and mustard seeds from the past week or so.

A definite Rainbow is after all the testing is said and done, there are no medical reasons keeping me from becoming a mother. (God's saying wait.)

An every day of the week Mustard Seed is the support I get from this community.

A one in a while Mustard Seed recently was being allowed to see the eclipse.

Some larger Mustard Seeds I received yesterday were the respect and uplifting of people I do not know well but know I do what is needed in my job.

And the list goes on to include God's blessings with the Prayer Newsletter and His definite calling to tell my heart this is what He want me doing.

OK Your turns. Don't forget they can be as simple as the sunrise or as complex as completing something over many years.
Blessings,"Angel"

My praise for this week is just making it through this week. I know that may not sound like a lot. Been a really rough week, culminating with me falling down the steps at 3am on Friday. Forturnately, the only two things that were injured were my pride and the left side of my body. Thank you God for giving me the strength to get through the week and keeping me safe in my travels (even if it is just down the stairs)

My praise that has been a few weeks ago or so was my promotion in army JROTC.  Or more of a rainbow so to speak since i will only get 2 promotions this year since i am up there almost on the very top.  The mustard seeds would probably be good grades on my 6 week progress report, another mustard seed would be passing my test in astronomy with flying colors.

Praise be to God!!!!

It was one of those weeks where (if I believed in Luck) if I did not have bad luck, I would have had no luck at all, but God, to His Glory, has provided.

I was promoted to Operations Analyst-IT Support this week.

I had actually died less than I killed in CS last weekend (a new personal record)

In my fit of "bad luck" no one was hurt (I dropped a case of paper 25 feet, accidentally, but no one was under it when it fell)

My praises come from a couple of people who have taken time just to try and help uplift me when I needed that support the most. So praise God for ms. Gen and mr Atown and mr Talon for the love and support that I have really needed these past couple of weeks. I really cannot believe that the rest of you can't find a praise in even the smallest of things. I am going to keep praying that you all see something soon.
Blessings,"Angel"

My praises this week would be getting a start on the school wide Army JROTC sponsored Christmas holiday food drive.  Getting support from our local city to provide funds, turkeys, and publicity is really making a difference as we make a difference for 15+ families for the holidays.  Another praise is my cousin's newborn daughter.  Just holding her and seeing her is a uplifting thought.

Talon

This past weekend was my convocatoin weekend, after 11 years of night\correspondance and full time schooling, I am finally a Certified Management Accountant, complete with the professional designation of CMA. It was a great weekend in that all those who have had to put up with me, stuck with me and supprted me and all my moods for the past 11 years were there celebrating it with me, including my best friend, who had to make a cross country trip to be their.

I thank God for putting this on my heart 11 years ago and getting me through this.

My parents won their court case. The judge threw out most of the plaintiffs (my parents were the defendants and they also counter-sued) testimony as not-credible. They awarded my parents their full counter-suit.

well my parents have been arguing but i was able to borrow a boxlight so i can play CS on a 5feet by 5feet screen on my wall
biggrin.gif
so my weeks been made

My praise this week would be this, we won our mock trail compititions, both of them.  For Mock Trial class, we have been preparing since school started for the court room, and for about a month for this specific trial.  I did my part very well as head prosecution counsul member and attorney, Thank goodness.  (we are 24-2 in 3 years).
 another major Praise, is that my baby cousin turned out to be ok and was not in the hospital that long.

Smiles ...... rainbows for the week is that as a community we found a way to pray over a 24 hour period. Even more struggling with the devil, tells me this is the right thing for me to be doing.

Mustard seeds are all the people who are just trying to uplift me in the smallest ways....... the gang from WOW, a muslin lady at work, and especially my pastor. We all need those people to love us regardless just as Christ love us. Blessings,"Angel"

I received a major huge rainbow over Thanksgiving weekend. Infact, it may even be a double rainbow.

This past holiday, I got to look at both my family's history and cooking history in one fell swoop. We have a couple traditional dishes that were made in the past. Since my grandmother died, we have not had them. My mother brought the recipes with her this year. One of the recipes did not have any measurements...a bit confusing in 2004. My mom explained that is was just assumed that everyone would know that cream cheese comes in 3-4 oz packages. Not true now-a-days. And I would not think that cream cheese ever came in any other way. It was like touching history working with this recipe. While I was cooking through these family dishes, I was wisked away (cooking pun LOL) to times when I helped my grandmother in the kitchen, making Thanksgiving or Christmas meals. Such pleasant memories. My heart was touched so deeply by these events.

This was a mustard seed yet helps create a rainbow.

I was accepted into a international school and i have a feeling it will help me when i go to public school in 8th grade.

content not a rainbow or mustard seed. Please take discussions to other forum areas. Thank you Blessings,"Angel"

Content not a rainbow or a mustard seed. Please take discussions to other forum areas. Thank you Blessings,"Angel"

Ok this weeks blessings. A mustard seed for being put into a situation with many people I know nothing about. I do not like being made to go to functions where I do not know anyone but when the hubby needs you to attend. Thanks to the baby I stole for the evening ( a couple had their baby there and I helped keep her entertained most of the night.)

Rainbow is thanks to God for sending us to another doctor who just may have the answers to why I have not been blessed with an earthly child. Now I have to wait on God and His time again but at least am getting a bit of peace out of this whole situation.

Blessings,"Angel"

A rainbow for people that we delivered Christmas food baskets to 37 families in my city today.  My high school food drive, organized through JROTC, and headed and led by myself, collected 5,177 items, 37 turkeys, 37, gallon milk cartons.  I dont care that we spent 10 hours delieving food to people, the light on thier faces was enough.  So my praise, is that people have something to eat this Christmas and that the food drive is done.

This weeks is gonna have to be a PRAISE GOD. With the story some may wonder why. I am praising God this week that both my husband and I arrived home safe and sound on Christmas after visitting my family. When we had just started back out on our 3 hour return trip, a deer decided it wanted to jump out in front of us. I have to praise God because neither one of us was hurt even though the deer was killed and my car at this moment has an estimated amount of damage at $4000.00. It is also a blessing that our insurance is providing a car for me in the mean time as well as probably going to cover the majority of the damages. I am praising God that we were not hurt or even killed as I have since heard of much more serious accidents. Blessings,"Angel"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back