Priests

Angus_Og said:
It is not just because of the amount of healers we have, I have had multiple runs fall through for no tanks or mages being on. It use to be there where no healers, now there are no tanks or mages.
Sorry. heh.

Nah, I know I'm not the only one. Where are Zennen, Ambriana, Durruck, etc all at?

3 groups going on at once, only 1 mage online... simple math :) Sometimes we're not on because of work, sometimes because the weather's nice, sometimes it's because I don't have 2 hours to dedicate to a run, and other times, it's just because my back hurts and I don't feel like sitting at the computer.

I've seen more runs fail because the lack of a tank than mage or healer. *shrugs*

But as far as priest specs go - play what you like...only switch if you feel comfortable playing the new spec, and will enjoy it. I know I miss playing frost, but I like nuking stuff, so in that regard, my mage wins out over my priest. Frost? Fire? who cares...i see the Ka-Boom!

So I switched back to a Holy/Disc build, finally. This is what I ended up with.

My Armory

I know I should have skipped Imp Shield and gone for Mental Agility... I'll fix that with the next respec...

but overall, how does that look? Any major problems? My big goals were to get Imp DS. I would have liked to have gotten Circle of Healing, but it wasn't possible to do both. I thought that the Imp DS would be more important, more useful in the long run.

Last edited:
Yeah imp DS rocks. I personally have a love-hate relationship with the unbreakable will talent, for the fear aspect of the talent alone. If there is an aoe fear, and you are the only one left not feared... you die. Resisting stun/silence is great though. Personally I tend to just take the imp wand to help a bit with my solo play.

I also like spirit of redemption for the 5% extra spirit, and the free heals can't hurt.

I don't know about end game (my healer is still stuck at 64), but I have been thinking of a build like this when I do get to 70: lvl 70 holy/disc build (think of it as food for thought anyway, maybe it stinks :p)

Wend is http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-talents.xml?r=Terenas&n=Wend

I love the reflective shield (and I suppose those who have been bubbled with it do as well). I chose points that suited me with the constant idea in mind that I would be a group healer, not soloing. In an ideal group I should be taking NO damage so I didn't use any talents in things that would mitigate damage (imp inner fire) or improve mana regen/casting while being hit.

Interesting, Mike, that you would have a love/hate relationship with unbreakable will stopping fears. I find just the opposite. I guess I have never taken aggro from not being feared but have often been the only healer left to heal while the other healers (talking 20/40 man here) have been running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Even in UBRS with the beast fight I resisted fear most of the time (some fights never feared, some only once) which made it far easier to keep my bearings and keep the tank (and hopefully the dpsers up).

Randy - one question...why the two talents in Holy Reach. You didn't make it to Circle of Healing and you didn't take Holy Nova. Unless you find that you are using Prayer of Healing and notice that people aren't getting healed (they are out of range) I would suggest that you could use those 2 talents elsewhere.

Good thoughts.

And for the reach, that was my intended purpose - I could be as far back as possible and still reach the group once everyone spreads out on fights like Curator, etc. But to be honest, I don't even know what the normal range for PoH is.

I think the issue with fear is a bigger one in 5 mans. It's fairly common in places like SL to have the entire party running around feared and the priest is the only one left standing. Same with I think it's Sethekk (the instance with the mobs that do an aoe fear on the 2nd floor).

I think for raids the odds are someone else is not feared.

I ran with unbreakable will for a long time, but got tired of getting killed because of it. Boss silences everyone but me, I get 1-shot. boss fears everyone but me, I get 1-shot, ... that stuff got old. It's great for PVP, but since I'm just focused on 5-toon PVE content, I'll never have this talent again. Wand spec helps my soloing a lot.

Back