Priests

Wend

The Forgiven Guild Leader
I really have nothing to say but noticed that we rarely discuss priests so I'm putting in the plug here :D

Priests Rock!!

I have a priest that is retired. Does that count? heh

I did see the picture of the new T5 set for the priest. Looks completely awsome.

In many ways I loved playing my priest, which was my first WoW character upon the release of original WoW. I do miss the class in many respects.

Things I don't miss though -

Constant spam asking me to heal in a PUG.

Hours of boredom followed by moments of chaos.

People wondering why they don't get healed when -

1) They run waaaaaay out of healing range (or break los with the healer), and yet wonder why they died.

2) They yell "Heal me!!!" while I am getting the stuffing beat out of me.

3) Rogues who like to pull aggro and think the priest will take care of them.

But otherwise, I love the priest class, esp the discipline tree. Go disc priests! :D

I get pug requests all the time on my lvl 55 priest. I would say that I get on average about 2/hr.

I like the priest class overall. As a healer it's the only class with all the tools, which makes it a great 5-man healer... not sure how well that scales to the 20+ mans though.

I have a shadow priest I am rather fond of. Got to 40 just before TBC, but unfortunately has been on the back burner since then. I will break him out again soon *grin*.

So I have been playing around with healing specs for my priest (who is 60 now). Right now I am still thinking of speccing in one of the following ways:

Holy 47/ Disc 14

Holy 38 / Disc 23

The later clearly puts more emphasis on spirit (though both builds do put a lot of emphasis on the stat), and the later would shine better in cases where there are no other priests in the party/raid that have imp divine spirit/imp fort (otherwise those points are wasted).

The first build has stronger gheals (my primary heal) and adds circle of healing (can't hurt I suppose). It also allows me greater solo ability as my smite/holy fire is 10% stronger.

Any thoughts on these builds? Are there some other healing builds you think I should consider?

Most of the time you will be the only priest in the group, and if you end up with two in a group then more then likely the other one is shadow specced.

With that said the only time you will really have other holy priest builds is in raids.

Most of the time you will be the only priest in the group, and if you end up with two in a group then more then likely the other one is shadow specced.

With that said the only time you will really have other holy priest builds is in raids.

Are more people taking Shadow Priests now a days on runs? I haven't noticed it, yet I hear talk about it from time to time.

Yeah I see tons more shadow priests in runs now-a-days. And what's more they are welcomed with open arms now...

it seems like theres more demand for a healer that can take on other roles as needed - the hybrids can heal/tank or heal/dps and a holy/disc priest is getting left behind. the solution: shadow = heal/dps
i have a theory that this may just be a phase as people work through the 5-mans and the demand for dedicated healers may increase again as players get more focused on the bigger raids. of course the other posibility is that the hybrids are getting better at taking the main heal role and also that players are finally realizing that holy priests arent the ONLY healing option

As a pally healer I love shadow priests. The extra healing plays right into the pally healing limitation when mulitple characters are taking damage aside from the tanks. But most importantly the extra healing regenerates the pallies mana and then you add vt on top of that. yes, suffice to say I love shadow priests.

Sean

When on my druid in a healing role, I love shadow priests as well. The slow relatively steady smaller heals really let me concentrate on keeping the heavy hitters full of health. A little extra mana never hurts either.

Yesterday I got whispered to come to an instance....if I was shadow speccd. It was funny :D

Wow, I have been told that it did not matter that i was shadow specced before but never because i was one.

I had the same experience as Anita yesterday. Someone from Gamblers wanted me only if I was shadow...

I have had the same on my priest, and I have read a number of reports from other priests on the wow forums who have had the same experience.

I have also faced disappointment from PUG members when they find out I am not shadow specced.

Blizzard needs to do something imo, and I think it should come in the form of a holy priest buff. Either tweak a holy spell, modify how some of the talents work in the holy tree... something. When I play my non-healing toons, I see first hand how good of a 5-man healer the paladins and resto shamans are.

To be honest I see them as healing just as well, while being able to provide something more, such as additional buffs/totems, and the ability to provide more dps than my wanding can do. I also think that for priests with the imp wand talents, using a wand should not invoke the global cooldown. That way priests could wand more frequently without worrying about the global cooldown costing them precious time when it comes time to manage some unexpected spike in dmg.

Amen!! I use my wand frequently..even have a couple points in wand specialization and that global cooldown irks me. The miniscule time it takes to jump/move/esc out of wand to hit a spell can mean the difference of a bubble hitting the squishy before s/he dies or them being flattened before I can get to them ;(

I'm not sure free-time wands wouldn't be overpowered, but perhaps having PW:S unaffected by the global cooldown would be a better alternative.

Pally's Judgement, for example, is unaffected by the g.cd.

That way you could wand away secure that if something goes wrong you can toss a bubble instantly.

Back