Other server alts

Elwood

Hey. I know Terenas has had its problems and when I want to just hop on for a WoW fix it is a great annoyance to not be able to play. I know that some of you have alts on other servers (probably mostly Horde). I am curious what server(s) you have alts on so that the fellowship can continue as I look at making an alt.

I love gaming with y'all (Angie moment :) ).

Grym / Merril

Me, Ken, Elijah, and Mimbari/Smitty are on Turalyon. I have made a gnome mage by the name of Emmie, Ken's hunter is Ludwik, Smitty's hunter is Minbari.

We are all alliance:)

I think some are also on Norgannon.

I am still unable to get into Terenas today:(

Tinie/Angie

I started an Alliance Rogue on Norgannon named Adrenaline but the name might change. Haven't decided on one yet. Still messing around with what class I want to play.

Last edited:
Hey, I've been wanting to roll a Horde alt. Would it be safe to call Norgannon the unofficial 7F horde server? I used to play a shammie on cenarius with the TOJ peeps.

SlavidZee said:
Hey, I've been wanting to roll a Horde alt. Would it be safe to call Norgannon the unofficial 7F horde server? I used to play a shammie on cenarius with the TOJ peeps.

I've wanted a horde character as well. Looks like I'll stay on the Norgannon server and switch to the horde side. Come join our server as well. :)

No, no, no! Play Horde on Mal'Ganis! Shuranda has a 60 mage and 48 hunter. I have a 49 rogue and 46 priest. Please don't make me start over with new Horde alts. Please! :)

Harrison has a toon there to. And any one of us would love to pull you through. /bribe

Ok. For whatever reason the scroll was missing from my window. I can now see Mal'Ganis. Population is supposed to be medium, however it is a PvP server. Not sure if I want to go into gank-land.

Elwood said:
Ok. For whatever reason the scroll was missing from my window. I can now see Mal'Ganis. Population is supposed to be medium, however it is a PvP server. Not sure if I want to go into gank-land.

Honestly, in my opinion, it would probably be the best way to improve your skills both for pve purposes and pvp purposes.

All right - just for curiusity's sake ... what's it like to do quest and level on a PvP server? Do you have to keep a 60 with you at all times? How bad does it get? Or are my thoughts of continual frustration trying to level a character simply out to lunch? I had the impression that some of our guild jumped ship to come to a nice guild in a PvE server so they could enjoy the game more.

Elwood said:
All right - just for curiusity's sake ... what's it like to do quest and level on a PvP server? Do you have to keep a 60 with you at all times? How bad does it get? Or are my thoughts of continual frustration trying to level a character simply out to lunch? I had the impression that some of our guild jumped ship to come to a nice guild in a PvE server so they could enjoy the game more.

It is not like you get ganked 24/4. Picture the layout of the game and where you find most members of the opposite faction. You'll probably get up to lvl 20 or so any could possibly not even encounter a fight. However places like STV are going to be higher with pvp stuff because it is a contested zone. People new to pvp are going to try to attack you first because it is new to them. They want to test it out and see what it's like. The higher in level you get, the more people are used to it, the less likely you are to get attacked. Remember though, most importanly, this works both ways and not just them fighting you but you starting the fight also.

When I get done with a few quests in STV, I head over to Badlands. I do see horde members there now, but not like STV so pvp will not be as high as STV. After Badlands and I get up to level 42'ish, I head over to Tanaris. By level 42, everyone knows what the pvp experience is like. It's not new to anyone on the server at all. This means that no one is going to be testing out on you.

All in all, I'm up for it. I enjoy pvp'ing now in WSG so I think I'll take that experience up a level to a pvp server.

SamIam said:
No, no, no! Play Horde on Mal'Ganis! Shuranda has a 60 mage and 48 hunter. I have a 49 rogue and 46 priest. Please don't make me start over with new Horde alts. Please! :)

Harrison has a toon there to. And any one of us would love to pull you through. /bribe

What are your horde names on there btw?

It's not that bad, but can be frustrating at times. Mal'Ganis (I'm told) is less pvpish than most pvp servers. Quests are set to take you into contested territory beginning at level 20. This is Ashenvale and Hillsbrad, initially. Ashenvale is not too bad, but Hillsbrad can be a real bear. STV is also challenging. After that, things calm down a lot until you get to 50+. Both sides like to camp at instance entrances and gank you as you try to enter.

Overall, I like pvp servers. The whol premise of WOW is two factions at war; that can only be experienced on a pvp server. You will always have an occasional lvl?? running around ganking, but there is also lots of support. Usually, if you ask for help, there are some around who will come rescue you. Expect a little frustration from it and slightly slower leveling because of it.

What is really fun is when these types of things turn into a full fledge battle. Shuranda and I called in some guild help in Hillsbrad one time, then the alliance called in reinforcements. So we called in more help. Before long it was a full blown battle with about 20-30 on each side figthing on the edges of Southshore. That sort of thing happens some, but is not all that common. They also organize raids into the capitols. Once, there were close to 100 horde at IF.

Bottom line, you have to look over your shoulder a bit and move a little more cautiously. But all in all its not too bad. There a lot of times when the two faction meet, wave, and go on there way. I would absolutely love to see some of us with Horde toons on Mal'Ganis. I enjoy Teneras and playing the alliance, but my heart still belongs to the horde. It would be great to see enough players start toons on Mal'Ganis so we could have our own guild there too. The Forgiven Too, or something.

If you decide to play on Mal'Ganis, add the following to your Friends list:
Skinless (my rogue)
Necrose (my priest)
Shezap (Shuranda's mage)
Shehan (Shuranda's hunter)
Hosea (Harrison's rogue)

For the Horde!!!!!

Since I couldn't log in I just created an undead priest on the brand new pvp server they started up on thursday. The nice thing about being on a new pvp server is that you won't get ganked by tons of people 20+ levels above you w/ uber gear. :) Also as you near 60, and want to run brd/brs you won't get ganked by a group of MC/ZG/AQ geared 60's just looking for some fun. I think the server is called "Alter of storms", it's definitely alter of something-or-other.

If there are others wanting to join a new pvp server then let me know, my priest isn't super high level yet and if people want to switch to the alliance side I won't cry a river. :)

My brother plays on a PvP server. He enjoys the extra challenge. You will level slower. You will get ganked. You will be frustrated. You will have to group more to get stuff done.

However, PvP servers add extra 'spice' to playing, especially if you are getting bored with the same ol' same ol'. They can be quite fun.

I have watched him play several times. I have seen him doing quests, killing mobs, and he (plays alliance) is low on health and a horde rogue will stealth up behind him and one shot him cause he can. I have seen him trying to get thru crossroads with his guild group and it become a war. Frustrating and exciting at the same time. I have heard the funniest conversations on his ventrillo server between his guild group mates when they are trying to do stuff in contested areas:)

Spicy!

Tinie/Angie

Sam, I did create a horde character on Mal'Ganis this morning named Hellswinter. I wasn't sure on which race to pick, however Will of the Forsaken is kinda hard to beat. So.....Undead Rogue it is.

Are you and your wife in a guild already?

Back