Onward to Ghallanda (for Dungeons & Dragons Online)!

Well, if you have to play through the tutorial mission solo, then we could all clear that, then designate a point to meet up after. Maybe the nearest tavern?

Sound good?

You don't have to play through the tutorial solo, you just are restricted to grouping with others who are still in the tutorial.

I rolled a bard (Armethio) to assist ya'll on Korthos Island (the tutorial area). :D

Now, if we can just get a day/time down...

Now, if we can just get a day/time down...
With several different people having several different schedules and some of us participating in other game nights (TF2sdays, Left 4 Wednesdays), we might just have to form a guild and meet up when we can.

The manual makes it sound like it's a fairly easy thing to set up a guild:
Creating a Guild
To create a guild, press the Guild tab within the Group panel. Simply enter a guild name in the Guild field. The first person to create a guild is initially considered to be the Guild Leader. You cannot create a guild if you are already in a guild.
Two questions come to mind:
  1. Who wants to create the guild and be designated as the Guild Leader? Since this will be more of a casual thing, the Guild Leader position doesn't carry the same burdens that it usually would.
  2. What should we name the guild? I'm fine with just naming it Tribe of Judah, but I'm not picky.

I tried to start a guild for testing and it wanted me to buy a guild charter (cash shop item)

Also you will need to solo the grotto at first but then as you enter Snowy Kortos you can group up.

I now have a bard named Myrakle and barbarian named Mirakle

you can export and import your friends list for both toons FYI

Last edited:
I tried to start a guild for testing and it wanted me to buy a guild charter (cash shop item)
Do we have any members with VIP status? If I remember correctly, VIP members get so many free points per month. Would a ToJ member be willing to spend a few of those points on a guild charter?

Before that, though, how much does it cost for a guild charter?

Also you will need to solo the grotto at first but then as you enter Snowy Kortos you can group up.
/nod

I'll play through the first instance with my Cleric and ask my wife to do the same.

Its you. I have no lag in DDO.

Someone needs to hit me up in steam to tell me to log on, lol.

As it turns out, you just have to be a VIP, which I am. I went to the guild tab and typed in the name Tribe of Judah just to see how much it was going to be on the DDO store and it just created it.

So, I guess I'll be it for now. It won't let me invite anyone unless they are online soooo I will be logging on every night this week to see if I can catch anyone else online.

My characters name is Armethin for anyone who's interested.

It allows a successor to be named so transferring leadership should be easy should someone else want it-on purpose. ;)

Whon logged on and I was able to invite him and promote to an officer. So look for either of us when you log on.

I just finished adding everyone who posted a character name to this thread to my in-game Friends list.

I'll watch for Armethin and Whon to request a guild invite.

I play DDO occasionally, although I am not a member of Tribe of Judah(although I did put an application in a short while ago). I was allied with SoE/SOE in Guild Wars, but my guild left due to certain curcumstances. I generally stick to the Guild Wars chapter forums on here, but I saw this under the incoming links on My DDO: Christian Gamers Alliance Forums linked here saying, "I just rolled a Warpriest of Siberys path Cleric n ..."

I recognised CGA and as such decided to look at what the thread was. I don't currently play on Ghallandara, but I'd be willing to roll a character there if it would mean a group of Christians to play with.

Am I required to be a member of Tribe of Judah to join you guys on Ghallandara? If so, how long does an application generally take to be processed? And are there any other requirements before I decide if I am going to make a new character?

That being said, I can make whatever class you want/need other than Favoured Soul or Monk, I'm not a VIP, nor do I intend to ever become one, and I don't intend on investing too much money into it.

I play DDO occasionally, although I am not a member of Tribe of Judah(although I did put an application in a short while ago).
Your application has been approved, so you're a member of Tribe of Judah now.

Am I required to be a member of Tribe of Judah to join you guys on Ghallandara?
Since this is an informal venture and we're looking to keep things as simple as possible (and also since the guild carries the Tribe of Judah name), yes, membership in Tribe of Judah is required to join the DDO guild. (And no, this wasn't decided or discussed previously. It hadn't come up prior to OrryW's post, so there was no decision "on the books.")

If the guild starts to grow, we can explore the possibility of adding a "sponsorship program," where players who are not members of ToJ can join the guild if sponsored by a ToJ member in good standing.

For now, though, let's keep it simple and keep it to ToJ members only.

If so, how long does an application generally take to be processed?
Applications are usually processed in 24-48 hours.

And are there any other requirements before I decide if I am going to make a new character?
Nope. Just pick whatever class you think you'll have fun playing. :)

I rolled up a Bard named Orry and took him through Shipwreck Shore/The Grotto, I'm hoping for a lot of groups with you guys since Bards are pretty much worthless alone, as their "thing" is party buffs.
Edit: It seems we have a few Bards already, I'll make a Rogue so we have one.
Edit2: The Rogue's name is Yrro.
Edit3: I can play any evenings, except for Saturday evenings, as that is when I help organize events in Guild Wars.

Last edited:
I will be in-game tonight after church starting around 8:30 pm EST. I will be on for at least an hour for anyone who would like to get a guild invite.

If I can get a few more of you invited and promoted to officer it'll be alot easier to get the rest into the guild.

For those of you who are new to DDO you will find that your enjoyment of the game goes up exponentially when you get a group to quest with consistently.

Opps! For anyone who tried to catch me online from 8:30 till now, I apologize. I wasn't really thinking. Church doesn't even let out till 8:30. I meant to say 9:30! Sorry. I'm jumping online now though. :eek:

Huzzah! My wife and I got our guild invites from Elader tonight. Thanks!

I hope to be on to play a bit of DDO this weekend.

Back