New Raiding, Ver. 80

Mordos

Hey all, it’s about that time again… Raid time!!
I have happily accepted the role of leading us through some instances as Redeemed’s Head Raid Leader. What I will need from everyone is your time and excitement, because we are going to clear as much content as we can. We will focus on the 10 man version till we have 2+ teams and we are clearing the instance, then we will move to the 25 man version. Everyone will need to have picked a Main spec and a secondary spec by the first Redeemed raid, so please start getting an idea on what you would like your role in raiding to be. Keep in mind that if we have 20 Tanks, or 20 Healers (would love this issue) that not all will be able to do that job, but we will do our best at not leaving you out.

All of the Officers are working on some exciting new changes that we are hoping will make the raiding experience more enjoyable than ever before. I hope to be releasing new Raid Guidelines soon. I will be giving you all a little bit of info.

As of right now the Raider rank is being shelved and is not in the future plans of Redeemed.

Finally I beg you all, that if there is an issue, to talk to an officer and don’t dwell on it. Go to that person and correct the issue, or come to an agreement.

Thanks and Happy leveling.

Chris “Mordos”

Grats guys, it sounds like you all have fun times ahead! I wish you the best and wish I could be playing with you, but that is not in the cards for me right now.

Enjoy the game and the fellowship and get some phat loots!

Will we be having a "progression" team that will be trying to go as fast as we can and another one that is going through at its own pace?

I hope at first we can get 2+ set groups for raiding, like we did when we were doing Kara. The Officers are working on the best way to do groups and raiding. So in time all will be made clear.

because you already spent a year in MC and got almost everything from there before Redeemed started in on MC. LOL, silly goose

Right now we are looking at removing instances once they are on farm, from DKP... Still working out the details. Should have the document cleaned up in the next two weeks.

Champ tried to get a Naxx run going the other night, would you be opposed to any of us using the forum to try and get a small unofficial 10-man like Wintergrasp going? My Wintergrasp resets Tuesday so I'd probably be looking to pug again Wednesday.

i honestly from what i hear really like dkp. That way we can actually earn our gear instead of having some random person come in on a raid and outroll us and we are like *tear*

i honestly from what i hear really like dkp. That way we can actually earn our gear instead of having some random person come in on a raid and outroll us and we are like *tear*

werd

DKP is not without its issues. With DKP, its harder to bring people into a raid for the first time amongst a group that has been together for awhile. It is very daunting to join a raid where everybody has 250 dkp and you have none or just the starting amount. And if it were not for that person, said raid would not happen, how do you expect them to walk into a raid with no expectation of compensation. The phsycological factor of being the bottom man on the totem pole is huge.

Good point Avesther. I think if we are a real BAD group (progressionwise) then this would be the case. We would have to beg people to come in our group. "Please come we stink. We need you"

On the other hand, if we were doing decent it wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation to ask people to hold off on looting until they had shown some good attendance.

DKP is not without its issues. With DKP, its harder to bring people into a raid for the first time amongst a group that has been together for awhile. It is very daunting to join a raid where everybody has 250 dkp and you have none or just the starting amount. And if it were not for that person, said raid would not happen, how do you expect them to walk into a raid with no expectation of compensation. The phsycological factor of being the bottom man on the totem pole is huge.

This is very true, and we are working on a plan to counter this issue.

yeah but you cant just be like hey you came for this one raid here have as many epics as you can hold! the people that actually invest the time to come to raids deserve the drops. im not saying we should have something in place so 1st time raiders can get something for coming to help out.

What are the rules for the casual raider - raiding maybe once every couple of weeks? I'd like to get my toons up to raiding, but I really don't have the time to raid even once a week. I like the idea of losing the raider status, and I think we're heading in the right direction. I'm excited to see what's going to happen with level 80 raiding!

Should I level a tank or healer for it? I was going to level flame or my DK for raiding...

Good point Avesther. I think if we are a real BAD group (progressionwise) then this would be the case. We would have to beg people to come in our group. "Please come we stink. We need you"

On the other hand, if we were doing decent it wouldn't be an unreasonable expectation to ask people to hold off on looting until they had shown some good attendance.

Wasn't there plenty of issues with people not wanting to go to raids because they hadn't reached "raider" rank and couldn't roll for loot on certain raids? Same thing with DKP, if you need someone to come in to get a raid going and they have no DKP they might be less willing to hop in. Most of us realize there is more to it than loot but for some people it is, if they can't roll they might feel their limited time online is better spent farming mats for craftables or gold, etc or just hanging out with friends.

There is plenty of pros and cons with any system, I personally liked DKP for the reasons stated above, it feels more like you earn your loot that way and makes people want to be at more raids. Who knows, I got my first epic from Redeemed the night before I joined Redeemed and I actually rolled against another rogue that had been there longer but just happened to have spent all his DKP on a weapon hehe. DKP made me want to be at every raid after that:)

I understand that Where, and I'm hoping with the new badge systems everyone leaves with something. Also the Officers are working on a sytem that would not hender a new comer from getting loot for to long.

When I was raiding full time in a HUGE guild I made up DKP in only 2.5 weeks before I was able to buy anything. So all in all it does grow faster then you think.

I think the DKP system is the overall best system, just want to warn those who have not used it or been part of administrating it, it is not the end all be all without its own set of issues.

The nice thing is that everybody gets paid (with dkp points) and everybody gets paid the same amount. A new person coming in gets paid the same, equality exists.

The biggest issues are phsycilogical (low man on the totem poll)
and DKP hoarders who pass on everything to the detriment of the raid just so they can have the most dkp for that ultra rare drop.

The issue with hoarders is not that they do it, because they can (if you want to save money for something, by all means do it), its when you start DEing items that would've been upgrades for them.

For the legendary items we actually preplanned who was to get them, unfortunatly, the only day he didn't show up for a raid is when the bindings dropped. Still, when they dropped, they went to another tanking warrior who was their every night contributing to our efforts instead of somebody who just showed up for one raid.

Anyway, I'm sure people are thinking this through to head off as many forseable issues as they can.

Back