Me.bored@work.org

Brak

Hi!
smile.gif

Only a few of you guys know me, I think, and unless my calculations are off that means there are many who don't.  So, here begins the Story ...

Didn't get much sleep last night, (Playing C&C: Generals with Insaino & G.I.R), so I'm a little ... whack ... at work today.  Anywho, I got hold of our digital camera and decided to take some digital photo goodness!  Now you'll know why I often complain about working in a cupboard, and I've also got someone to introduce to you.

Slide #1 - The Cupboard

This is where I work.  In a cupboard.  It's about 3 metres wide by about 4 metres long, and pretty much all the wallspace is taken up with 'stuff' (see pic).  In the first slide you can see *Takes out laser pointer* my patch rack in the centre, providing networking goodness to all those in my organisation.  To it's right is the ... well ... those impressive looking boxes are nothing to do with me, they are phones or something. *Shrugs*  Anyway, now onto

Slide #2 - My Desk

This, funnily enough, is my desk.  It's an absolute pigsty, I know, but at the moment I don't have any drawers, shelves or cupboards to keep stuff in.  From the bottom left, moving in an anti-clockwise direction, we have:

[*] A pile of software and manuals, including MS Small Business Server 2000, Veritas Backup Exec 8.6, a McAfee suite (antivirals, EPO Orchestrator), Outlook 2000, Frontpage 2000, PowerChute Pro (UPS) ... and that's what I can see without moving from my chair.
[*] A Computer next to the desk which monitors all the calls incoming and outgoing for destination and duration and stuff, so we can charge people :p
[*] A pile of papers which is all the stuff I'm currently working on
[*]  A laptop who I will introduce in a minute
biggrin.gif

[*] My Server whose monitor & keyboard you can see, the chassis is behind the chair, you can sorta see it.

As you can see, it's a most productive workspace! Now, to introduce ...

Slide #3 - Udat

Meet Udat!  She's my brand new baby, a Dell Inspiron 8200 which I convinced my boss to buy for me, under certain conditions ... P4 2.0 M, Radeon 9000 Mobility w/64mb DDR, 256MB,  40GB, combo DVD/Burner, 15" UXGA display ... she's my first new computer ever, and makes me very happy!
tounge.gif

Finally,

Slide #4 - Me In Pain

This is me, trying to figure out how long 10 seconds for a timer on a camera is ... hi!  *Waves* Apart from the guys I live with, I don't think any of you guys have seen me before ... please take into consideration:

[*]I haven't shaved in a week or so because I couldn't be bothered, and
[*]I'm wearing a jacket because it's always a cosy 18 degrees celsius in my cupboard ... while outside it's a chilly 32!

Anyway, that's a guided tour of my cupboard.  I hope y'all didn't fall asleep, and if you did you wouldn't be reading this so I could say anything I wanted ... suckas!
biggrin.gif

Catchya,

Brak  : )

Hehe...random things like this brighten up my day.
tounge.gif

If i had a webcam or something I'd show you guys my 1337 dorm room...but I don't...and I don't think you'd want to see it either...

Though I have the same unshaven thing going on right now...

biggrin.gif

I dont shave enough, that reminds me, I need a better razor. I have a digital camera but my house is a dump. Cleaning is tertiairy! Err, for me anyway. Yes, I spelled that so wrong...

When my dad gets home i will steal his cam and post a pic of my "arena". Otherwise known as my room.
How could you get a computer/hi-fi/tv/vcr/guitar amp all on one desk.... rizz shows you how.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Feb. 27 2003,4:41)]When my dad gets home i will steal his cam and post a pic of my "arena". Otherwise known as my room.
How could you get a computer/hi-fi/tv/vcr/guitar amp all on one desk.... rizz shows you how.
rizz > home boy on that decorating show.... Christopher Lowel is it? =X

Ok here it is, the mutha of all desks.....

My Desk

A quick guide...

A - computer area. Monitor/headphones/keyboard/mouse.
B - Music area.
C - TV and VCR
D - My guitars (in cases)
E - My computer hiding away. (with the inscription on the top.. t00 r0x0r j00r b0x0rZ j00 /\/\u57 b3 t3h 1337n355 t0 t3h m4x0rZ w17h0u7 h4x0rZ)
F - My guitar amps
G - My Guitar FX pedal.
H - most important of all. My stuffed monkey of leetness.

my desk it kinda like that, yah. except where the tv and other stuff is I have a million cd roms and piles of garbage.

Okay, these pics are so cool that I feel compelled to photograph my Seat of Power™. Not just the chair itself, mind you, but the entire room. Of course, it would probably help if I cleaned it some time. ^_^;;

Expect pictures as soon as I can get un-distracted!
biggrin.gif

Rizz,

Your neatness and organisational skills leave me for dead ... in fairness, though, I'm leaving my cupboard that way until they 'get around to' putting in a real desk ... with drawers ... and shelves ... and surface area!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I can complain that I don't really have anywhere at home to put my baby anyway ... so I usually end up with her on my lap in front of the TV. (Tried WC3 on the TV once, res is waaay too low ... mind you, when I took her down to the Church, MW4 via a projector and amp, taking up the whole wall, is very tidy ...
biggrin.gif
)

Catchya,

Brak
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7 @ Feb. 27 2003,3:59)]Okay, these pics are so cool that I feel compelled to photograph my Seat of Power™. Not just the chair itself, mind you, but the entire room. Of course, it would probably help if I cleaned it some time. ^_^;;

Expect pictures as soon as I can get un-distracted!
biggrin.gif
tell us what ur name means 2 nub!! =O did i just cal tek a nub! no no sry sry =/

Back