magic and false gods

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Which, as Drelin said, we know from...the Bible. This is circular reasoning, attempting to prove the Gospels with the Gospels.
not really, u can ask a Jew and they will tell you how the Gospel is false. The arguments between the Jews and Christians over the resurrection wasn't pulled from the Bible(don't remember off hand if they are actually in there...) I pulled them from another book I'm currently reading. The argument would be the same if Evolutionists existed in the time of Christ. Just like an Evolutionist would simply correct a false religous claim, so would a Jew...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Timor, you make a good point, but forget that the identity of the New Testament's authors is moot, since it's the word of God, which we know because it says so in the Bible, which is true because of the miracles written of in the Bible.
I know the circular reasoning spat, and your just putting words in my mouth. I never argued that. My argument was based on the skeptics of the time not writting about how these rediculous(sp?) claims to be false...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If the Bible is true and inerrant because it is often historically and geographically accurate, then I'm going to write The Book of Drelin, split it into two parts; Part The First, which will accurately detail current history and geography through the omniscient eyes of Drelin, and Part the Second, wherein Son of Drelin does some cool stuff.
I never said that the Bible is solely true because of historical and geographical accuracy... and actually that is not a bad idea. Maybe after you experiment on making your own flawless Bible, you will see it is simply not possible to pass off fiction as fact, and have it even last 2,000 years.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Then, provided human intelligence doesn't pick up in the next 2000 years, it'll be all the rage.
little arrogant? I'm sorry us christians don't happen to be as gifted intellectually as you, but please try to bear with us...
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Since that didn't seem to be sarcasm, I'll tell you. Your arguments, basically your entire belief system, has as its foudnation the gospels. The fact that these gospels are anonymous is a huge handicap, because the gospels must be credible to be taken seriously. They gain their credibility not only by what they say, but also by the credibility of the men/women who put the words to ink -- the authors. For instance, if we find a text from that time period written by Tacitus, the Roman historian, we can immediately look at it with a good degree of trust (of course, this trust would stand the risk of being shattered if he mentioned something far out, such as space aliens landing on his dinner plate...or, you know, dead men rising from their graves..more on that later). On the other hand, if we find a text from some Roman mental patient (pretending they had psychiatric wards), we would not take what he said very seriously. See how the author is a very important detail?
sure, I understand. That makes sense. (for the record I"m not being sarcastic)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know the circular reasoning spat, and your just putting words in my mouth. I never argued that. My argument was based on the skeptics of the time not writting about how these rediculous(sp?) claims to be false...

Yeah, sorry. I was having a joke. I understand what you're saying. Mind you, this SeaToad fellow over at the magic thread seems to go in for the circular reasoning thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I never said that the Bible is solely true because of historical and geographical accuracy... and actually that is not a bad idea. Maybe after you experiment on making your own flawless Bible, you will see it is simply not possible to pass off fiction as fact, and have it even last 2,000 years.

Well, solely or even partially it doesn't work. If you weren't saying the OT getting a bunch of cities and historical events correct lends creadibility to miracles etc in the NT, someone was, I believe. Anyway, I thought I'd share my ideas with you regardless of what you said.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]little arrogant? I'm sorry us christians don't happen to be as gifted intellectually as you, but please try to bear with us...

Sorry; what I said was in regards to people believing that the entire Bible is inerrant because parts of it get geography and history correct. I'm not saying that Christians are by necessity stupid, or claiming that anyone who disagrees with Christianity is by default more intelligent... I refer you to DemonAura as an example.
biggrin.gif

Just don't forget to call Drelin by the alternate name Eon half the time in your first book, so that people can debate whether Eon and Drelin are actually the same person, or whether they form part of a new godhead we'll call the Binary. ;)

Am I 0 or 1 in that case?

Eon

Pop if you want to continue believing in your false hoods go a head.

You can debate all you like with me, i have the years and the expierence on you.

I have the OT in both Hebrew and Greek (septungient) and i translate using serveral different dictionaries.

You are young and think anything you say it right. that is fine, one thing that you may want to learn is to open your mind and realize that you can be wrong.

I guess i just wasted 2 yrs of my life studing the OT in depth with both Jews and CHristians eh pop. cuz your 16 year old interpurtation is far superior to mine.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 21 2004,9:06)]Pop if you want to continue believing in your false hoods go a head.

You can debate all you like with me, i have the years and the expierence on you.

I have the OT in both Hebrew and Greek (septungient) and i translate using serveral different dictionaries.

You are young and think anything you say it right. that is fine, one thing that you may want to learn is to open your mind and realize that you can be wrong.

I guess i just wasted 2 yrs of my life studing the OT in depth with both Jews and CHristians eh pop. cuz your 16 year old interpurtation is far superior to mine.
laugh.gif
This whole post was nothing more than a pathetic insult. Do you insert words into my posts when you read them? When did I say that everything I said was right? If anyone is being arrogant it would be you. If you read my other post you will notice I used the word opinion which denotes that I accept I could be wrong about it.

Bearing in mind whose post started the whole thread, I would be very careful of throwing words like "open your mind" and "arrogant" around. Others might start using words like "...hypocrit" and "Oooh you enormous...".

And I'm not 16...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 21 2004,9:06)]Pop if you want to continue believing in your false hoods go a head.

laugh.gif
That's it. Belittle your opponent and pump yourself (an appeal to self-authority?). Wow, suddenly all your arguments make sense!

*sigh*

And don't bring age into it. That's just pathetic. More pathetic.

No its called creditablity. i do not walk up to a college prof and go

everything you said today sounds good
but i still think i am right and you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean come on you only studied this stuff how long? i read it twice and i have it all figured out. I am a genius you are a moron thank you for wasting my time today.
laugh.gif

yeah love to see that one (sarcasm )

bleh....this is what happens when I go away for a weekend. i get way far behind in the posts...
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 21 2004,3:38)]No its called creditablity. i do not walk up to a college prof and go

everything you said today sounds good
but i still think i am right and you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean come on you only studied this stuff how long? i read it twice and i have it all figured out. I am a genius you are a moron thank you for wasting my time today.
laugh.gif

yeah love to see that one (sarcasm )
I understand that, but you must still let your arguments speak for themselves. I surely hope you're not trying to imply that you're right just because you've studied it more than he has. That's just stupid. Luckily, I don't think you are. I think you're just stating a fact. That's fine, but don't expect it to make him drop all arguments with you.

i dont expect him to say i am right.

What he was saying was i was wrong and that i am a moron is honestly how it read to me.

Its funny when you present someone with facts and they dont like it.

Timor if you were studing Atomics and Einstien was able to explain his theories and everything to you, would you say

Oh those are nice but i am right.

Or would you accept them coming from someone more learned than you and try to incorperate them and use them to help your personal understanding?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ April 19 2004,8:56)]LOJ I did read it in context. I have reread it and my opinion on the verse still stands.
See LoJ? By no way did he say that he was right. He said in his opinion he was right. Really, LoJ, you're being hypocritical.  Just because you've studied the Bible a lot, doesn't mean you know the meaning of every verse.

LOL. Kidan.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What he was saying was i was wrong and that i am a moron is honestly how it read to me.
Well that was in no way the intent.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Timor if you were studing Atomics and Einstien was able to explain his theories and everything to you, would you say

Oh those are nice but i am right.
Nice analogy but there is one small problem... are you ready for it?  

Neither of us has explained anything!!!!!!!!!  
We have both stated our opinions on what a verse in the Bible means. The point of my post was to say "yes LOJ I have read the verse in context I dident just come along find it and post it out of context. I have read it (more than once!) before and I reread it to be sure that I wasent (in my opinion) misunderstanding somthing. Now could you please explain why you think the way you do." That was the entire point of the post. I was asking (or perhaps challenging is a better word) you to tell me why you thought the way you did and that the verse wasent just something I blindly used. Oh and just because you have went to a Bible school for a few years does not in anyway mean you are automatically right. I have never been to a Bible college and yes I am younger than you. However that in no way means I cannot study the Bible.

i havent gone to bible school for more than 1 semister... so there goes that theory i am not comparing my self to Einstien either.

when i get the time i will show you the context problem.

Sorry if it seems like i am avoid your post i work about 70hrs + a week.

Back