magic and false gods

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 21 2004,2:38)]No its called creditablity. i do not walk up to a college prof and go

everything you said today sounds good
but i still think i am right and you have no idea what you are talking about.

I mean come on you only studied this stuff how long? i read it twice and i have it all figured out. I am a genius you are a moron thank you for wasting my time today.
laugh.gif

yeah love to see that one (sarcasm )
Oh dear.. Arrogance makes my eyes narrow. Please stop it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 21 2004,5:27)]i havent gone to bible school for more than 1 semister... so there goes that theory i am not comparing my self to Einstien either.

when i get the time i will show you the context problem.

Sorry if it seems like i am avoid your post i work about 70hrs + a week.
You've posted quite a few times today. In the time it took you to make these posts, you could have posted a single post of value, showing him this "context error".

well, It looks like its everyone vs LOJ... The thing about the internet is that when you type something, its easy for someone to interpret it wrong. When I read what you guys have been posting thats how it looks to me, one big miscommunication. can't we all just get along?
biggrin.gif

I think LOJ has made himself pretty vounerable posting up one of his papers he wrote, asking for our opinion. It may not be the very best paper ever turned in, but I have yet to write a paper that good... I guess this is just my feeble attempt to change the mood of the converstation.

I didn't attack it because I didn't think it was good I attacked it because I thought it was poisonous, hatefilled trash.

LionOfJudah, next time you decide to disqualify someone's question or opinion based on their age, try to make sure that your own eloquence exceedes that of the person you're trying to besmirch. If you do that, people might be able to look past the fact that an age difference of 3 years has no bearing on how 'right' someone is. As it is, you only embarrass yourself.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its funny when you present someone with facts and they dont like it.

I'm laughing right now. After all, pop had questions and you dismissed them out of hand

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Timor if you were studing Atomics and Einstien was able to explain his theories and everything to you, would you say

Oh those are nice but i am right.

If Timor understood what Einstein was saying and had problems with it, perhaps he would ask for some clarification. That's all that's been done here. Clarification would be given, and if what Einstein said was true, Timor would hopefully agree... because it was true, not because of who said it!

You set yourself up as an authority so high in understanding above us that we can't even begin to comprehend and question your thinking as equals... and then imply that others are being arrogant?

Pop you are referring to Deuteronomy 30:11-14 still correct?

Also what translation are you using?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ April 22 2004,9:08)]Pop you are referring to  Deuteronomy 30:11-14 still correct?

Also what translation are you using?
Yes I am. I have used both the CJB and the NIV i'll go ahead and type them out.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] D'varim (Deuteronomy) 30:11-14 CJB
"For this mitzvah which I am giving you today is not too hard for you, it is not beyond your reach. It isnt in the sky, so that you need to ask, "who will go up into the sky for us, bring it to us and make us hear it, so that we can obey it?" Likewise it isnt beyond the sea, so that you need to ask, "who will cross the sea for us, bring it to us and make us hear it, so that we can obey it?" On the contrary, the word is very close to you in your mouth, even in your heart; therefore you can do it!"
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Deuteronomy 30:11-14 NIV "Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, "who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask "who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?" No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it."
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]When I read what you guys have been posting thats how it looks to me, one big miscommunication. can't we all just get along?
Alright lets just all calm down now.

I see how you think that, mrpopdrinker. I think it's saying that although you know the law, and you can obey it. But we have a sinful nature, so we can't always obey it.

this will be quick i will give a more detailed information when i get back from my business trip late sunday...

As far as following the law. we can do that. but the law it self is pure and holy satan has twisted it so that man will sin if he trys to follow the law entirely (Romans).

Also it does not matter (like in Romans paul explains) how much of the law you follow you can follow it to a T and it does not matter... what matters is where your heart is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As far as following the law. we can do that.
So you agree with me then?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but the law it self is pure and holy satan has twisted it so that man will sin if he trys to follow the law entirely
That kind of screws up the word of God doctrine doesent it?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]satan has twisted it so that man will sin if he trys to follow the law entirely (Romans).
Would you mind giving me a verse as I cannot find it.

last post in here before bed (just got home) Romans 7:7- Chapter8 will be the area you want to check out about the Law "causing" sin.

Back