It's that time of year again...

However, what may seem logical and reasonable to you may not be so for someone else and vice versa. Does that mean that it is not valid? That it has no merit at all?

Logic and reason are part of the scientific method. They aren't subjective, they are objective.

As such, the scientific method can be used to test ANY religion or belief system.

Atheists have yet to find a religion that satisfies the scientific method. If it can't satisfy the SM, then no, it's not valid.

It's not valid to an Atheist, and may not hold up to the scrutiny of the "scientific method", but to the other person it is valid and is part of what may define him/her. Why should it be something to be scrutinized and torn down by those who do not see the logic and reason behind it. T

"I who am the beauty of the green earth and the white moon among the stars and the mysteries of the waters, I call upon your soul to arise and come unto me. For I am the soul of nature that gives life to the universe. From Me all things proceed and unto Me they must return. Let My worship be in the heart that rejoices, for behold -- all acts of love and pleasure are My rituals. Let there be beauty and strength, power and compassion, honor and humility, mirth and reverence within you. And you who seek to know Me, know that your seeking and yearning will avail you not, unless you know the Mystery: for if that which you seek, you find not within yourself, you will never find it without. For behold, I have been with you from the beginning, and I am that which is attained at the end of desire."

Doreen Valiente, Book of Shadows

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think there are "teaching moment" within each holiday to emphasize Christian teachings or points of view. Like your work with the Salvation Army, Gods_Peon, it is what you make out of them.

Oh, I don't work for the Salvation Army.  I was just commenting on what Kidan was talking about.  I have never seen the Salvation Army (Sally Anne as known as in Canada) as being part of the pagan aspect of Christmas.  They definatly use the season to be very visable.  I respect them for that.

Sorry, I got things so confused. Read toooooo many posts yesterday LOL.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like your work with the Salvation Army, Gods_Peon, it is what you make out of them.

EDIT Like your work with the Salvation Army, Kidan, it is what you make out of them.

yet, whether quoting Pagan or Wiccan text or Free-thinking material, there is only One who is the actual Truth.

LOL. You are too funny.

I do know what and who the One Truth.

Joh 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

DV, This is a Christian board. Of course that is what we believe is the One Truth! That should be the basic underlying theme here.

You should know this.
wink.gif

Cory

Back