ICC buff at 20%

the proto drake is given for doing all the hard modes in ulduar. However as of 3.1, the proto-drake is no longer awarded. You can still get the achievement, but the drake will not come as an award. They did this to maintain "rarity" since it was one of the hardest meta achievements at that time. Once you could go and get better gear, they removed the mount from the achievement.

the proto drake is given for doing all the hard modes in ulduar. However as of 3.1, the proto-drake is no longer awarded. You can still get the achievement, but the drake will not come as an award. They did this to maintain "rarity" since it was one of the hardest meta achievements at that time. Once you could go and get better gear, they removed the mount from the achievement.
only the naxxramas black/plagued proto drake have been removed, I don't think ulduar's rusted/ironbound have been yet.

Can we get back on topic?

Last night (Monday, May 31) there was a chance to go to Lich King... Why didn't we?

We only had 2 1/2 healers (sorry, Angrybro, you're the 1/2). Tots didn't sign on until later that night. =\

we were fine on heals. we needed 1 strong tank in order to have a shot at getting past first phase...let alone surviving 2nd

we were fine on heals. we needed 1 strong tank in order to have a shot at getting past first phase...let alone surviving 2nd

Goodwone and I were both on... and from what I've read I am more than able to tank that fight...

So again I ask why wasn't attempt on Lich King taken?

Personally I am glad we didn't attempt the LK - to be honest it felt like many of the people who really helped us get there were missing, and for me that is just as important as actually downing the LK.

This my raiding family and as much as I want the Kingslayer title hanging over my head - If my brothers and sisters who have spent many nights with me learning and overcoming miss out on that, it just doesn't have the same appeal.

I only speak for myself here, and this has nothing to do with a clique or anything but I take seriously the sacrifices of the people who have made time commitments and missed out on other opportunities for the sake of the group.

Psh, I don't care if I'm in the first group to down him or not, personally. My memory isn't the best in the world, but it seems that heals would have been Pneumatikos, Mcfierce in his offset, and Reco on and alt. The word alt and off appear too many times in there to make me comfortable, but that might just be me.

asheriah was there as well as citgrad. However the plan would have been Me (off), Asheriah, and Pneuma for healing.

Still have not heard from the Raid Leaders on these questions.

On a close topic, I've been doing some reading and looking to make my offspec into an off-tank spec which includes 'Safeguard'. This very spec makes the Lich King fight much simpler by providing the main tank with accentually a shield wall every intervene.

If the Raid Leaders have yet to see this, look it up or talk to me, I'd be happen to discuss this tactic.

Won't it be awesome to do it in a 25 man raid... We will if we keep gearing up folks and getting them experience. I like the in raid teaching by the leaders - I seem to retain it after practicing it a few times.

Hmm....maybe that is why I do not pursue vet status - I do not wanna do all the extra reading and study for it. I like to keep it an entertainment game even though it is more like a hobby. And though I have played organized sports that required preparation like practice, research, etc., I just don't wanna work that hard at this. Pickup football games were a blast! Mordos does wanna work at it - and it shows. I doubt he could psychologically handle my kind of effort! LOL! It would drive him nuts and probably does just watching me! LOL!

Won't it be awesome to do it in a 25 man raid... We will if we keep gearing up folks and getting them experience. I like the in raid teaching by the leaders - I seem to retain it after practicing it a few times.

Hmm....maybe that is why I do not pursue vet status - I do not wanna do all the extra reading and study for it. I like to keep it an entertainment game even though it is more like a hobby. And though I have played organized sports that required preparation like practice, research, etc., I just don't wanna work that hard at this. Pickup football games were a blast! Mordos does wanna work at it - and it shows. I doubt he could psychologically handle my kind of effort! LOL! It would drive him nuts and probably does just watching me! LOL!

I'm sure a few people got a chuckle out of this who know me and raided under me when I was the raid leader, I know I did. I don't know if I call it work so much, but a very strong desire to be the best and do my best... which is never good enough or could always be better. Just who I am.

I know we have a few folks missing tonight, so hopefully we can have some others show up so we can still make a strong progression push!

Still have not heard from the Raid Leaders on these questions.

On a close topic, I've been doing some reading and looking to make my offspec into an off-tank spec which includes 'Safeguard'. This very spec makes the Lich King fight much simpler by providing the main tank with accentually a shield wall every intervene.

If the Raid Leaders have yet to see this, look it up or talk to me, I'd be happen to discuss this tactic.

I am a Raid Leader and thought I addressed your concern already with my post. If you would like a more in depth explanation since I was the one who made the call, I'd be more than willing to give it.

I have seen the spec and it looks LK viable. I would be interested to see it in action.

another thing to toss in: A lot of our dps are geared with the assumption of having a Shadow Priest and/or Moon guy around, and when Bill is out and Fierce is on heals, we do suffer =\

Back