ICC buff at 20%

The buff isn't really going to help us at this point. Our vet teams that can (and had better!!!) progress up to LK and potentially down him have way more than enough gear to take him down. Health, healing, and damage aren't the issues at hand. We really just haven't had enough attempts on him to get the hang of the fight. We were just starting to get used to phase 1 the last (and I believe only) time we went.

For me, at least, the buff means nothing except we can all pretend that we've gotten gear upgrades in the past week when most of us really haven't. At least it should make the first 7-8 bosses drop much more quickly for us, so that we can push to LK faster and get more attempts in on him.

The buff isn't really going to help us at this point. Our vet teams that can (and had better!!!) progress up to LK and potentially down him have way more than enough gear to take him down. Health, healing, and damage aren't the issues at hand. We really just haven't had enough attempts on him to get the hang of the fight. We were just starting to get used to phase 1 the last (and I believe only) time we went.

For me, at least, the buff means nothing except we can all pretend that we've gotten gear upgrades in the past week when most of us really haven't. At least it should make the first 7-8 bosses drop much more quickly for us, so that we can push to LK faster and get more attempts in on him.

So what's the issue? Not enough repeat raiders? Not enough push by the raid leaders to continue the push? I would be glad to set Mordos a side save him to raid with the progression team... I'm sure a lot of others will too, not just the normal progression group.

If we focus on the 10 man to drop him it'll make things easier once we drop him once.

A few weeks back the team reached him and then nothing the rest of the week to continue, just a bunch of new runs.

I never liked the idea of the buff.

After we finally kill LK, one of the biggest goals I have to kill him for real, the right way, without the stupid buff.
So, you want to outgear the place first?

I don't think any guild (I might be mistaken) has killed LK without the buff at all and there's really no incentive not to. People have said that the "real" world first kill would be from those who kill him without the buff, but it's not really true, I mean would it be a better accomplishment to kill him without flasks, food, our buffs?

In my opinion the buff is ok at best.

At least he's accessible to everyone.

So, you want to outgear the place first?

I don't think any guild (I might be mistaken) has killed LK without the buff at all and there's really no incentive not to. People have said that the "real" world first kill would be from those who kill him without the buff, but it's not really true, I mean would it be a better accomplishment to kill him without flasks, food, our buffs?

In my opinion the buff is ok at best.

At least he's accessible to everyone.

I don't understand what you mean? He was dropped on both 10 and 25 before even the 5% buff was in place.

I don't think of doing it without the ICC buff as being a "hardmode" so to speak, it's more like doing it with it is "easymode" beyond just the normal version. Don't get me wrong, I'll feel good either way and I've certainly never turned the buff off or anything like that, but the longer it takes, the less of an accomplishment it feels like. I mean, when the buff gets up to 30+%...killing him just won't mean anything. Half the server will have the Kingslayer title. There's already a zillion of them on every server.

EDIT: And we already outgear the place. When he was first killed on 10 man, nobody in the group did over 8k dps. Not a single one.

I don't understand what you mean? He was dropped on both 10 and 25 before even the 5% buff was in place.
Maybe it was the heroic kills I'm thinking of, I can't remember.

but the longer it takes, the less of an accomplishment it feels like
there are only a few things that I feel that the redeemed has really accomplished, but those were are best moments regardless. Though I kinda wish that we could finish Ulduar while we're 80 and not 85+ because killing Illidan/Kil'jaden when I was 80 and not 70 was kinda miserable. Plus Valan'yr is still number 1.

Last edited:
Redeemed never finished Ulduar??

That's it, we're doing Ulduar. On heroic. Including Algalon. Period.
lol, you joke but some of those bosses are harder than the ICC ones.

lol, you joke but some of those bosses are harder than the ICC ones.

Oh for sure. I've never gone, but I've watched/read about them and how intense they can be. Plus, Ulduar is probably the most beautiful, best looking raid Blizzard has ever made. I mean, the room you fight Algalon in is simply amazing to look at. Makes me super stoked to see just how awesome Uldum is going to be in Cataclysm with the graphics upgrades

I think the only difference now would be that with the gear that a lot of people now have - the bosses might go down a little quicker, and survivability of the raid is probably increased by better gear.

Redeemed never finished Ulduar??

That's it, we're doing Ulduar. On heroic. Including Algalon. Period.

having been one of the raid leaders charging ulduar all last summer, i feel we accomplished at great deal. every first boss kill in there was awesome and done in 'current time' meaning when the raid instance was still new and fresh. in my group, we killed almost every boss in there. there were a LOT of bosses in there to clear everytime we went in, and you didn't have the option of extending out another week as we do now, or extra bonus buffs. it seemed we always just ran out of time! plus, they had a nub raid leader like me all summer reading from my scribbled notes trying to explain the fights, but came anyway....:p so, i don't feel like it was /fail. srsly, it was a great summer of raiding.

man, you guys are SO competitive. but, going back and doing the undone bosses would be fun.

Last edited:
I don't want to do Ulduar for competitive reason, but rather just because it's such a gloriously gorgeous instance. Oh, and don't worry, I more than understand how difficult it must have been to clear THAT many bosses in one week. That's like trying to convince a group of 50-somethings to actually do all of BRD in one night.

I did not raid Ulduar any - with or without the raid - except once. As it is now I would love to be raiding there more. For some of our newer players, it has some great gear. Seems like interest in Ulduar dropped after TOC dropped on the scene. I am in for finishing Ulduar.

Constructing Val'anyr is the only reason raiding guilds go to Ulduar anymore realistically, and it is worth it as it is still BiS healing weapon for any class really.

Back