How can an omnibenevolent God allow this to happen?

<sigh> probably going to open up a lot of room for debate on this one, but here goes anyway. :)

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was F1 on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Note: earth is singular, not plural. I am not going to post the entire Genesis Story since it is generally known. Please look it up on Crosswalk.com for the complete story if needed

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.

Again, referencing men here, not universes on other life beyond this planet, just men

In a nut shell, to answer your question, because it is not mentioned in the Bible

Gen

Note that the creation story in Genesis is the creation story of THIS world.

There could easily be others, with other Bibles specifically tailored to that world.

But what about the remains of life found on Mars? Single celled, I grant you, but unmistakably life.

And I can't wait to see what we find on Europa.

It is a SINGULAR story that is relevant to THIS PLANET and THIS PEOPLE.

Who is to say God hasn't done this to other planets in other dimensions/universes?

If He got bored enough to create this little mudball, He could have gotten bored enough to make others.

Along the same lines, how do you, as a Christian, explain UFO's? What about "alien" abduction?

If He got bored enough to create this little mudball, He could have gotten bored enough to make others

I can hardly imaging that God would get board with this planet :)

Along the same lines, how do you, as a Christian, explain UFO's? What about "alien" abduction?

Swamp Gas LOL. Actually, I really don't believe them.

Gen

Genesis1315 said:
I can hardly imaging that God would get board with this planet :)

Maybe, but He was frustrated enough with us to kill off the majority of the planet, was He not?

Swamp Gas LOL. Actually, I really don't believe them.

Gen

Why don't you believe them?

In the same vein, why should nonbelievers believe YOU when you talk about miracles?

this may sound pretty presumptuous, but my faith is filled with the Lord. He did not mention them in the Bible, no reference to them at all. If we were to travel down the what if road, it could as easily be said that these people had encounters with Angelic Beings or demons, both of which are mentioned in the bible.

Miracles are mentioned in the Bible, they are real and experienced. We could leave it to where your faith lies. In little gray men (yes, I was a huge x-files fan) that do not exist or a true and living God who does.

Gen

Dark Virtue said:
Why don't you believe them?

In the same vein, why should nonbelievers believe YOU when you talk about miracles?

I wouldn't !!!I would want to see it happen. Oh wait it did to me! :) They need to seek these things out themselves. Do not believe until you see it! thats what concreted it for me. I witnessed it.

Back