Hockey is back!!!!!!

I'm a Calgary fan first and a Toronto/Vancouver fan second. Hard to cheer for the Canucks as long as Bertuzzi is still on that team. My wife likes Phoenix, even more now that Gretzky is behind the bench.

Don't diss bertuzzi he's one of my favorite players. What happened happened, its hockey, and its in the past.

Sry for taking the thread in another direction, but who decides who gets a second chance and who doesn't.
There have been incidents in the nhl that have been worst than the bertuzzi hit, remember brashear getting hit in the head with a stick, and there have been 2 other hits from behind to the head in the league i think. They never got as big a punishment as bert, the only reason bert got the punishment he did was because it was plasted on every channel. U had people who never watched a hockey game commenting on the hit.

In the end he's paid his dues and more, so Im glad he's back.

Well, for one thing, you can't justify something that is a criminal act or a sin or just downright endangering the life of someone else by saying "that guy didn't get a fine, so why should this guy?" There's no need to live in the past. Facts are facts. Bertuzzi sucker-punched a guy with the intent (key word) to do bodily harm of some fashion. That intent resulted in a guy possibly losing his future in the NHL and suffering unnecessary pain and anguish. Moore still suffers from post-consussion syndrome.

As for who determines who gets a second chance and who doesn't, in one way the league does. The fines and suspension of Bertuzzi speaks for itself. But I get to have an opinion, too. And my opinion is that anybody who intentionally injures another person should be punished, and when the resulting injury is so severe that it almost causes death... yeah, that guy doesn't deserve a second chance. I don't think it is the least bit fair that Bertuzzi gets to skate around, play hockey and make a living while Moore sits at home and tries to exercise.

So, are you glad he's back because he's a class guy (facts say otherwise) or because you want him to improve your favorite hockey team? There are a lot of things more important than sports.

If u can prove moore's neck injury was because of the sucker punch and not the pile of guys that landed on top of him, I might agree with u. But u can't, fighting is part of hockey. I'm not saying I agree with the hit, but its part of the game.
In football and hockey if u know a player has a bad shoulder wouldn't u go after that shoulder. That is intentionally trying to injure someone but its part of the game.

It is NOT part of the game, hence the penalties and fines and ejections that come when it happens in BOTH sports.

Why are you defending Bertuzzi's actions? I'm shocked at this.

I never said I agree with what he did, if I was a player on the team I would of challenged moore too, I don't think I would of sucker punched him though. Its part of hockey, just like if anyone kit gretsky, clean or not, u would have McSorley after u. The same thing, Moore hit the captain, someone was going to go after him. I don't think bert should of hit him from behind, but he got suspended for it.
So I say leave it in the past, so we can watch him lift that stanley cup at the end of the season. :p
I think that he was suspended more than he needed to be. And I think if it wasn't replayed over and over on almost every channel he would of not gotten more than 20 games.
Also I think Moore knew people were upset with his hit from their last game, he should of dropped the gloves and gotten the whole thing over with.

Improved from 1-2 to 6-4 online, with 3 shutouts in my last 4 games. Haven't got the scoring down yet, but no one has scored more than 3 on me either.

I probably play the most conservative video game hockey of all time. :)

Mr_Slice said:
Well, for one thing, you can't justify something that is a criminal act or a sin or just downright endangering the life of someone else by saying "that guy didn't get a fine, so why should this guy?" There's no need to live in the past. Facts are facts. Bertuzzi sucker-punched a guy with the intent (key word) to do bodily harm of some fashion. That intent resulted in a guy possibly losing his future in the NHL and suffering unnecessary pain and anguish. Moore still suffers from post-consussion syndrome.

As for who determines who gets a second chance and who doesn't, in one way the league does. The fines and suspension of Bertuzzi speaks for itself. But I get to have an opinion, too. And my opinion is that anybody who intentionally injures another person should be punished, and when the resulting injury is so severe that it almost causes death... yeah, that guy doesn't deserve a second chance. I don't think it is the least bit fair that Bertuzzi gets to skate around, play hockey and make a living while Moore sits at home and tries to exercise.

So, are you glad he's back because he's a class guy (facts say otherwise) or because you want him to improve your favorite hockey team? There are a lot of things more important than sports.

While what he did was not right at all why should a guy have to carry the burden all his life? You compared it yourself to sin, arent' you getting second chances sinning and asking for forgiveness too in other ways?? So, I'm again going to say everyone deserves a second chance! Moore knows he wasn't going to last in NHL anyways so he's now trying to suck money out of Todd by suing him for millions. Any sympathy I had for him is gone. I really dont' care about canucks but this is what I feel, hope canucks lose...

back to topic...btw toronto plays ottawa tonite...go sens go!!!!!

.seek.

.se3ker. said:
Moore knows he wasn't going to last in NHL anyways so he's now trying to suck money out of Todd by suing him for millions. Any sympathy I had for him is gone.

That is probably one of the most insensitive things I've heard in a long time. I guess I'm done with this topic. Those of you who are blind to the seriousness of what Bertuzzi aren't going to be convinced no matter how blatant the facts are.

I thought the smae as seeker about moore, but wasn't going to say it. And I think most of the league feels the same way, what happens on the ice should be handled by the NHL and NHLPA, players didn't agree with the crown pressing charges against bert, think about how they feel about moore now that he's trying to make a buck from the situation.
Back on topic, did u say u hope canucks loose. :p
I'm hoping sens beat the leafs too, since I'm from vancouver I can't be a toronto or calgary fan. :)

Back