Hockey is back!!!!!!

Gandhi

Today is the start of the NHL season. The most exciting day of the year. Every team in the NHL is playing today.
I feel like a kid, I've missed hockey, and finally its back.

And my Canucks are going all the way, the Stanley Cup is coming to vancouver. And today is Bertuzzi's first game back, and we're playing against Pheonix, where Gretsky is making his coaching debut.
Then there's Sidney Crosby, will he follow in Lemieux's footsteps and score his first goal on his first shift, first min, first shot of the game.
The world feels perfect today :D

Calgary, all the way, again !!!!

I can hardly wait, their on TSN tonight and I have a new 50" DLP, HDTV to watch them on. Now, where is the pizza, wings and a beer?

Everyone is calling Sens to win, on tsn they called a sens sharks final.
But I see vancouver, it might be since I've been a fan since I was 6. Also its been 12 years since we made the finals last, and we've made the cup finals every 12 years. Also the last time we won the cup it was the year of the dog, guess what year it is this year. I didn't know this till yesterday when it was in the papers. :)
But as long as a canadian team takes it this year its ok. Well as long as its not Toronto, me and my cuz argue over who has a better team.
But Heathly looks great in ottowa, and I have him and hasek on my hockey pool.

Last edited:
go seattle, whatever our team is called lol

seattle doesn't have a team.
:p
But I guess like people in vacouver drive to seattle to watch the super sonics, people in seattle probobly drive to vancouver to watch the canucks.

Im gonna root for my local team. The Tampa Bay lightning. I don't keep up with hockey though since well yeah Florida, im sure everyone understands lol. But Hockey and Football at the same time, this is like one of my dreams come true.

wowAbdi said:
Im gonna root for my local team. The Tampa Bay lightning. I don't keep up with hockey though since well yeah Florida, im sure everyone understands lol. But Hockey and Football at the same time, this is like one of my dreams come true.
GO LIGHTNING!! =)

I don't know many Canuck fans here in Seattle. We support our developmental teams pretty well, though. I'm a Calgary fan, too, Peon. What a stinker of a first game by Kiprusoff! :(

Yay! Hockey! It's my favorite sport that I never watch! I know, it's sad, but it 1. doesn't get much airplay in NY, and I live with m folks, and they complain when i flip it on.
Bertuzzi... Is he the guy that took the hit or dealt the hit? Sorry, I'm a newb at this.
But I love how there's a fascinating phenom in Sidney Crosby! Hockey needs its own Lebron. Nothing is as fascinating in sports as seeing genius unfurl.

Hockey is an awesome sport, and needs stronger wills promoting it.

I think Ghandi's reasoning is water-tight. Canucks FTW!

What do y'all think of the new rules?

I love the no red line rule, but don't think its fair for the goalies to not let them play the puck as much behind the net.

The world feels perfect today

I couldn't agree more.

As someone who saw Andreychuk lift the Cup last year live and in person, all I have to say is (cue famous sound bite from our radio announcer, Dave Mishkin):

SCOOOORE! SCOOORE!!! SCOOOORE!!! ST. LOUIEEEEE!!! ST. LOUIEEEEE!!! ST. LOUIEEE!!! THE LIGHTNING FORCE A GAME 7!!!

And a couple of days later....

Mishkin: IT'S OVER! IT'S OVER!
Phil Esposito: Tampa Bay, Stanley Cup YES!
Mishkin: THE LIGHTNING HAVE WON THE STANLEY CUP!

So... anyone play NHL 06 on PS2 online? I call the Bolts. :D

I was going for tampa too last year when vancouver got beat by calgary. And I was happy that Calgary didn't win. Sry GP.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
So... anyone play NHL 06 on PS2 online? I call the Bolts. :D
Last year I played in several online NHL 2K5 leagues. ESPN's online league setup is amazing. You get full-blown web pages with statistics breakdown, new articles and more. I haven't picked up a copy of this year's game yet, and may not. But if you play regularly enough I might consider it.

I'm 1-2 thusfar, two games decided in OT and one on a fluke deflection goal with 4.5 seconds left. My win came in a shootout. Sooo... if you want an easy win, let me know. :)

Can't do it. The wife said I can get the one that is $20 (NHL 2K6) but not NHL 06. Doesn't bother me too much since I think EA's game is a bit too arcade anyway.

Mr_Slice said:
I don't know many Canuck fans here in Seattle. We support our developmental teams pretty well, though. I'm a Calgary fan, too, Peon. What a stinker of a first game by Kiprusoff! :(

He made some amazing saves, but some of those bounces were too big. I wonder if that is a function of the new goaltender gear restrictions.

I'm fine with Calgary or Tampa. I was suprised they got paired up in the Cup a couple years ago. =D

Back