Gotta play 'em all!

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
As many of you know, I've taken a Pokemon-style approach to League of Legends to maintain my interest in the game.

To elaborate: I'm on a mission to play every LoL champion at least once.

That means I'll be trying to play one game (and probably only one game) every 2 weeks once I catch up.

So far, there are only about 5 champions I haven't played--and one of them (Trundle) is free to play this week! Huzzah!

/me throws Pokeball at Trundle

I chhhooooooossseeee yoouuuu trundle........
Ooor maybe not.

Trundle is okay. Just not really my style of character. His slow is great, but his damage output is rather weak. Aye, I know, he's a tank. But still, I prefer to bring the pain in LoL, even as a support character (which is why Morgana is my main).

So, with Trundle crossed off the list, the only champions left to play are:
  1. Evelynn
  2. Gragas
  3. Shaco
  4. Wukong
I'm closing in on my goal!

(this is all at max rank, though he's fine before that)

Rabid Bite deals 120% damage, plus 90, plus 48 if you've bitten someone in the past 8 seconds. It's also a swing reset, which means you can perform a normal attack, then immediately bite, without having to wait for the attackspeed delay a normal attack uses.

Contaminate gives 60% attackspeed, and reduces stun/blind/etc duration by 40%, for more right-click goodness. The cc reduction also affects slows and roots and such, so combined with the 40% runspeed, and 45% slow + wall from pillar, means you can chase down (or escape!) almost anyone.

Ult does 500 magic damage which is ok, but also shreds 25-50% of their armor and resist; like nidalee/urgot/new kayle/monkey king, shreds are bugged at the moment, but it'll still take off a minimum of 15 armor (Heimer) to up to 45 (shen/poppy). The fact it gives all of the stolen health, armor, and resist to you, combined with your passive, means you don't have to spend quite as much money on tanky items (but you're not discouraged from doing so either!).

I don't know what his recommended items are, but he just needs a bit of defense and damage to be able to chase down and kill most enemy carries.

Okay, so that's why someone would want to play him as their main. Gotcha.

Wukong Is supposed to be on f2p rotation this week
Indeed.

If this list is accurate, though, no other champions remaining on my list will be free-to-play. :(

Looks like I'm only playing one LoL game this week.

Gragas and Skarner are free to play this week. That'll be two more off my list!

I played Gragas and Skarner this week, so I'm down to 3 champs on the list: Evelynn, Shaco, and Talon.

Talon will be free to play next week, which just leaves Shaco and Evelynn. Evelynn costs 1350 IP and Shaco costs 3150 IP, so, push comes to shove, I can just buy them if they're not on the free-to-play rotation soon.

Of course, I'll still need to play one game every 2 weeks to stay "caught up," so I won't disappear completely. :)

I too have taken a pokemon approach to LoL. However instead of trying to play them all, I am trying to own them all. I currently own 55 of the 82... :eek:

But Dominion will be the new beginning, right? ;)
Not if this pain in my right index finger continues. I'm thinking I have a pinched nerve in my right shoulder and it's causing problems all the way from shoulder to elbow to finger. :(

On a related note, my wife and I have been preparing for company this weekend, so I haven't had an opportunity to play a bot match with Shaco yet. If Tuesday gets much closer, I may just load up a "single player" bot match with all bots and give him a whirl.

I played as Talon last night. I'm about to play a quick bot match as Evelynn, then I'll be finished with my Pokemon quest until Riven is free to play in two weeks.

w00t! I played a match as Evelynn, so time to hang up LoL until Riven goes free to play on September 27 (unless Riot releases Dominion before then, of course).

Completely random post: With all Tek's creature collecting (WoW, Pokemon, LoL) his dream game has occurred to me. You'd play a cutesy Japanese character who goes around catching creatures with puzzle constructed cages to either sell them at auction or use them to fight. Your fighting abilities differing depending on which creature you are controlling (some you could ride over enemies with pancake style). It would of course have co-op and multi-player and different creatures would allow for class based team makeups. Name, name, uh probably something like Puzzle Tamer Sakura (my Japanese name vocabulary is limited >.< ).

Last edited:
Completely random post: With all Tek's creature collecting (WoW, Pokemon, LoL) his dream game has occurred to me. You'd play a cutesy Japanese character who goes around catching creatures with puzzle constructed cages to either sell them at auction or use them to fight. Your fighting abilities differing depending on which creature you are controlling (some you could ride over enemies with pancake style). It would of course have co-op and multi-player and different creatures would allow for class based team makeups. Name, name, uh probably something like Puzzle Tamer Sakura (my Japanese name vocabulary is limited >.< ).
I would buy that game right now.

And "sakura" means "cherry blossom."

Back