FFXIV Chapter...

I changed the website up a bit and updated a lot of content, if you want to see what I changed: http://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv

Update notes: http://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv/home/siteupdate

Currently working on trying to get the banner image to display properly in Firefox... :/

EDIT: Introducing the FFXIV Live Chat Wave... Direct Link:https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+8572TFHkE or Chapter Site Chat Page:https://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv/wave... Please PM me your email address if you want permission to chat...

EDIT 2: For those of you who are new to google wave, watch this...

Last edited:
My wife and I plan on trying out FFXIV. As long as the dudes look like dudes, and not pansies, then we'll be playing. Haven't bought anything from SquareSoft in forever, because their male characters always look like they're trying to model women's clothing...

But yeah. I have an interest in FF 14, and hope that it is not ill founded.

I don't want leadership, but if you're interested in officers, I have led guilds in the past, and have done well. Right now I'm playing Aion, but I've been pretty clear that I'm waiting for FF 14 to release.

My wife and I plan on trying out FFXIV. As long as the dudes look like dudes, and not pansies, then we'll be playing. Haven't bought anything from SquareSoft in forever, because their male characters always look like they're trying to model women's clothing...

But yeah. I have an interest in FF 14, and hope that it is not ill founded.

I don't want leadership, but if you're interested in officers, I have led guilds in the past, and have done well. Right now I'm playing Aion, but I've been pretty clear that I'm waiting for FF 14 to release.

Well, you make the dudes look like dudes, or you can makes the dudes look like pansies...it is your choice...lots of customization options... And the clothing on the dudes looking nothing like girl clothing... Example...

If you are interested in our live chat, PM me your email addresses and I would invite you guys to the chat...

FFXIV is looking to be a great game with fun from solo to huge groups... With the Guildleves you can do almost anything solo, or with a partner or with a whole group and the "quests" scale in difficulty...

Here are some links for the best sites for information: http://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv/links

Also, one thing that some people don't know is that not all the classes have been revealed, so don't be put off by there only being like 18 classes at the moment...there will probably be at least 10 more...

SE said that WoW (and other recent MMOs) kinda killed the fun surprise effect that can make a game more enjoyable, so they are going to be so secretive, we will barely know anything before launch...LOL...

One example they made: Patch Notes: "We added some new weapons, now go find them..." :) This is nice IMO...

I could go on for hours, but I would rather do this in the live chat where I have already started talking about this stuff :)

Last edited:
One thing to note to anyone (NOT TO KEEP FROM JOINING) BUT as of right now you will be able to only have one character per account, and one bank character.

One thing to note to anyone (NOT TO KEEP FROM JOINING) BUT as of right now you will be able to only have one character per account, and one bank character.

For $12/month...each additional character is $3/month...so two characters for the price of other MMOs...

But more important is the fact every character can level every class (which I estimate to be around 28), and you can switch classes at will...

In FFXI there was no need for more than one character...you made one...if you wanted to heal, you went white mage, if you got tired of healing, you went back to your house and switched to something else...and your white mage's level, skills, and armor were all saved at your house...made it very enjoyable...

:D

Last edited:
Also you can have up to 8 character slots (at $3 each for a playing toon and $1 for a bank-only toon) At first I thought this was lame, but I actually love that it is innovative in curbing alt-itis and trying to encourage 1 main toon.

I just hope there are quests or a shop to buy appearance/race changes so you don't have to erase your main just cause you don't like its look after a few months.

I really like that I only have to focus on one toon and not redo the same quests over and over to level a new class. That is exciting to me....(assuming that I end up trying this game, which is a possibility)

Last edited:
Also you can have up to 8 character slots (at $3 each for a playing toon and $1 for a bank-only toon) At first I thought this was lame, but I actually love that it is innovative in curbing alt-itis and trying to encourage 1 main toon.

Yeah, I think that is one major misunderstanding some people have...

I just hope there are quests or a shop to buy appearance/race changes so you don't have to erase your main just cause you don't like its look after a few months.

This is something I am hoping as well, and I am sure there will be...SE is holding a LOT of information from us...a LOT...

I really like that I only have to focus on one toon and not redo the same quests over and over to level a new class. That is exciting to me....(assuming that I end up trying this game, which is a possibility)

This was one thing that made FFXI a lot of fun to play...and the character based cut scenes... :D

Last edited:
We really need our own forum...I am trying to put way too much in these Waves...lol... As much as I would love to use the Waves as the discussion medium, the forums are just an easier, more used, place...

As the group began there adventure, little did they know what fate would have for them...Oh wait my bad, I was thinking of the traditional FF game intros :D I am so glad we are getting a forum. :) Can't wait to see what God is going to do next.

I got home after a really long day, and had a lot on my mind I wanted to do with/for the chapter...but I am exhausted and just cannot concentrate... As soon as I get some time after church tomorrow, I will work on setting up a few things that I need to...and get to work on this :)

Okay, I am starting to get to work on a few things...and to start I need to meet with potential officers...and meet with those that already know they are officers...you know who you are ;) ...we can meet via Wave, TS, email, or IM...just let me know... I would much prefer Wave or TS...just let me know...I can meet up anytime today until 5 or 6pm EST...then I have to help a friend move...and will be back on around 9 or 10pm EST...I will stay in TS in a temporary FFXIV Channel and I will also be on Steam as xiontawa... Also, feel free to email me at xiontawa AT gmail DOT com ... Or, start a Wave with me :)

EDIT: Anyone else who would like to meet with me as well, can you use options above as well :)

EDIT 2: To avoid spamming the forums and make it easier for all officers to contribute, I have created many Waves for planning stuff... And they can all be accessed from the main Wave here: https://wave.google.com/wave/waveref/googlewave.com/w+-n49Lu5VC If you do not have access to the wave and are interested in an officer position, please PM me and let me know...

Last edited:
Beta Invite

Howdy,
I used to play FFXI so I'm looking forward to at least giving this game a try.

I just got an invite as a second stage Alpha Tester.
It would be nice to be able to play with more of you during this phase.

Any others out there?

Last edited:
Howdy,
I used to play FFXI so I'm looking forward to at least giving this game a try.

I just got an invite as a second stage Alpha Tester.
It would be nice to be able to play with more of you during this phase.

Any others out there?

Not I...I have signed myself, my brother, and my wife up for the beta, and none of us have received an invite :(

Speaking of early entry...I am debating about getting the FF XIV CE. I know it is just 8 days difference, but still that is a whole week of play time there. :)

I played FFXI for a couple of years, am really excited for FFXVI and most likely will be buying.

Hey War Starr what is your ign? I have been in stage one alpha for a while and now in beta and would love to do some group stuff.

I played FFXI for a couple of years, am really excited for FFXVI and most likely will be buying.

Well as you know Xaris, the chapter is official so if you are really interested in getting involved let us know and we will be glad to add you on the list of members. :)

Hey War Starr what is your ign? I have been in stage one alpha for a while and now in beta and would love to do some group stuff.

oh cool Xaris. I'm not sure I have an ign. Is that a user ID that I get
once I log on?

btw Xaris, I think you were the one that re-invited my character to AION - The Elect :)

Back