FFXIV Chapter...

XionTawa

At this time, unless for some unforeseen reason, I plan on buying and playing FFXIV...probably for quite some time, unless Tera or GW2 completely kill it...but I have high hopes for FFXIV...

Is there any interest in a ToJ chapter for the game...?

We have about 2.5 months until release...please post here if you are interested and then if we have enough, we move on to Tek :)

I am a big FF fan so I am interested in the game. So I would be interested in a possible chapter. Okay deleted that post, and re affirming my desire to see a FF chapter here. :) Sorry X didn't mean to derail to much, so I used my supper editing abilities and put the thread back on the rails. :D

Last edited:
I think there's going to be enough room for both a Final Fantasy Online II chapter and a SW: TOR chapter in Tribe of Judah. Both games have the existing fanbase and developer support (personal opinions aside, Square-Enix and BioWare are both highly regarded companies) to survive the, "Hey, look over there at that new thing" drop in player count 3-6 months after launch.

There is precedent for a MMO chapter that was shut down because of a plummet in player numbers, but I believe it's better to take the risk (provided we have an able and willing Chapter Leader) than to not try at all.

I think there's going to be enough room for both a Final Fantasy Online II chapter and a SW: TOR chapter in Tribe of Judah. Both games have the existing fanbase and developer support (personal opinions aside, Square-Enix and BioWare are both highly regarded companies) to survive the, "Hey, look over there at that new thing" drop in player count 3-6 months after launch.

There is precedent for a MMO chapter that was shut down because of a plummet in player numbers, but I believe it's better to take the risk (provided we have an able and willing Chapter Leader) than to not try at all.

MMO Chapter eh? Hmm...what would be required of an "Able and Willing Chapter Leader"?

MMO Chapter eh? Hmm...what would be required of an "Able and Willing Chapter Leader"?
In short, you'd be responsible for creating and maintaining the in-game guild, moderating the guild forums, designing (or, more likely, delegating) a guild web site, appointing guild officers and staff, posting monthly guild reports (a brief and informal 1-2 paragraph update) to the Staff Forum, requesting additional resources when relevant, and so on.

I know Guild Leader seems like a big, but "actually it's just 2,800 small jobs."

Before you faint from shock, understand you'd have the full support of Tribe of Judah staff as well as your guild officers and staff. No staff members goes it alone. :)

In short, you'd be responsible for creating and maintaining the in-game guild, moderating the guild forums, designing (or, more likely, delegating) a guild web site, appointing guild officers and staff, posting monthly guild reports (a brief and informal 1-2 paragraph update) to the Staff Forum, requesting additional resources when relevant, and so on.

I know Guild Leader seems like a big, but "actually it's just 2,800 small jobs."

Before you faint from shock, understand you'd have the full support of Tribe of Judah staff as well as your guild officers and staff. No staff members goes it alone. :)

Hmm...errr...ahh...err...umm... Sounds fun :D

Hmm...errr...ahh...err...umm... Sounds fun :D
Leadership isn't always fun, but it can be very rewarding in its own ways. I just make sure I don't misrepresent the responsibilities involved, but I also do my best to emphasize that new staff will be able to draw on other staff members for help.

It's not that hard leading a chapter, unless the game falls through or fails to deliver... /Champions Online

It all seriousness though...in my 11 years playing MMORPGs, I have been sitting back, waiting for a good opportunity to lead...if I ever got one... I did not know if I was ever meant to lead, but I have always wanted to...

I am going to keep this short so I don't start rambling (I am very tired at the moment)...

I would be very interested in leading an MMO Chapter, especially since I have played a LOT of different ones... I would also be very interested in leading an FFXIV chapter since out of the big 4 (I call the big 4: FFXIV, GW2, ToR, and Tera), FFXIV is the one that interests me most...and being a big FF fan :)

I am not sure if that said what I wanted it to and in the way I wanted it to, but I hope it does :p

I know nothing is official and for all I know I will not be making the website or even leading the chapter, but I have been working on a FFXIV Chapter website...whether it ends up getting used or not doesn't matter really, I just like to make websites, and I have been bored... Let me know what you think: http://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv

There will be continued major updates in the next few days so check back often :)

EDIT: For some reason the top banner does not display correctly in Firefox, but it displays just right in Chrome and IE...the issue is being looked in to...

EDIT 2: As of 6:35pm EST, the site got an overhaul in images... :)

Last edited:
I know nothing is official and for all I know I will not be making the website or even leading the chapter, but I have been working on a FFXIV Chapter website...whether it ends up getting used or not doesn't matter really, I just like to make websites, and I have been bored... Let me know what you think: http://sites.google.com/site/tojffxiv
Looks good!

We'll still need a Chapter Leader, but I would estimate there will be a large enough player base to support a Christian guild.

Nice website build!

Thank you...it was easy to put together thanks to Google Sites since I didn't feel like coding from scratch...but what I really like is the images and those took some time to make and position right... :)

Back