Essential Anime

I must be crazy, since I have a terabyte of harddrive space I thought I would download some anime, two at the moment 13 gig and 49 gigs could take a while... but I am 25% complete on the 49 gigs.

I must be crazy, since I have a terabyte of harddrive space I thought I would download some anime, two at the moment 13 gig and 49 gigs could take a while... but I am 25% complete on the 49 gigs.
A terabyte? Man, I have 560GB total storage across two computers and an external hard drive. I dream of the day I have a terabyte of storage in one system.

EDIT: By the way, anyone who's been watching anime for a long time may be interested to know that Static Subs and Eclipse are subbing Slayers Revolution, which started airing in Japan July 3.

Last edited:
World Destruction looks pretty good. The characters arn't annoying and the fight scenes are well made in such a way that they are comprehensible and differs from the traditional bang, boring dialog here, bang, boring dialog here.

Natsume Yuujinchou is pretty good, but it is a bit too soon to see how well it will turn out. If the first EP is any indication it will be pretty good.

Strike Witches is rather bland IMO. It has a rather large story to develop, but I tend to not like much anime that is based witchcraft/magic excessiveness. Slayers Revolution falls under that category and the characters of both are highly annoying to me.

New Miyazake film coming out, announced for release in Japan towards the end of this year, and somewhere in 2009 for US.
Premiered in Japan three days ago, according to AniDB.

/bump

And as if we needed further proof that Dennou Coil deserves its place among Essential Anime:
The Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of Japan have announced on Tuesday that Mitsuo Iso's Dennō Coil anime series and Yūsuke Kishi's Shin Sekai Yori (From the New World) novel series have won this year's 29th Nihon SF Taishō Awards.
Source: Dennō Coil Wins Award from Japanese Sci-Fi Writers (Updated)

For some reason beyond human logic, Dennou Coil has still not been licensed, so you can download it, free of charge and with a clear conscience, from here. (You'll have to scroll down the page, to the Batch Torrents & Completed section to find it.)

Personally Dennou Coil is one of my favorite if not my favorite anime at this point in time.

Sidebar: Tek have you gotten the Remastered Chrono Trigger DS yet? I'm waiting til after Christmas time to get it maybe on sale...

Sidebar: Tek have you gotten the Remastered Chrono Trigger DS yet? I'm waiting til after Christmas time to get it maybe on sale...
$40 is a bit steep for a DS game, even if it is a remake of (possibly) the greatest RPG of all time. Square Enix is developing a nasty habit of re-re-releasing SNES-era titles and charging too much for them instead of developing innovative titles.

Speaking of innovative RPGs, I've got Dec. 9 marked on my calendar...

</offtopic>

By the way, did anyone else watch Kyouran Kazoku Nikki? It's an excellent modern example of the classic manic/gag-style comedy anime.

Back