End Times

Marcylene said:
Scoffers are a sign!! The time draws nearer! It is my understanding, along with the many signs He tells us that must come to pass...Solomon's temple must be rebuilt in its original location. Yes, we should live our lives as if He is coming this second, but He gave us signs of His return. In addition, according to I Peter 3, He is not willing that any should perish. Therefore, I expect a hesitation on His return.

Scoffers have ALWAYS been a sign Marcy, that's my point! The signs that point to Christ's return have ALWAYS BEEN, that's why the earliest Christians believed he would return during their lifetimes and why you believe it today.

Will Christians still be saying the time draws nearer in another 2,000 years when Christ stll hasn't returned?

Marcylene said:
Signs of His Coming from Matthew 24 & Mark 13

1. Many shall come saying they are Christ and deceive many.
2. Wars and rumours of war.
3. Nation shall rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom.
4. Famine
5. Pestilences
6. Earthquakes in many places.
7. Christians will be delivered up as martyrs being afflicted and killed.
8. Christians will be hated of all nations for Jesus name's sake.
9. Christians will betray and hate one another because of being offended.
10. False prophets will arise and deceive many.
11. Sin will abound like we have never seen since the days of Noah.
12. Men's hearts will grow cold towards God.
13. The truth of Jesus' Death, Burial, and Resurrection for the redemption of our sins will be preached the world over.
14. When we see the abomination of desolation spoken of in the book of Daniel. http://raptureready.com/rap27.html
15. The false christs and prophets will show great signs and wonders if possible deceiving the very elect! (Its smelling a bit like BH in here!)
16. After those days the Sun will be darkened and the Moon will not give her light.
17. The stars will fall from heaven.
18. The powers of heaven will be shaken.

OH Marcy, you lost MAJOR points by quoting raptureready! They're NUTS!

Again, my point has been that Christians, since the beginning of Christianity, have been using these exact same signs to claim they have been living in the last days! Why were they wrong? Why do you believe you are right?

Dark Virtue said:

Again, my point has been that Christians, since the beginning of Christianity, have been using these exact same signs to claim they have been living in the last days! Why were they wrong? Why do you believe you are right?

One reason I think that we are right is that these prophecies have the ability to be fullfilled now. For example the one about the two witnesses; DV said;

EVERY PERSON IN THE WORLD?

How many people in third world countries have enough food for three meals a day let alone cable television?

This is incorrect people in these places have more cable and internet then we do in the states. The reason? They get it for free. Why do you think online gaming is so popular in Asian countries and the like?

[toj.cc]phantom said:
One reason I think that we are right is that these prophecies have the ability to be fullfilled now. For example the one about the two witnesses

Am I talking to a brick wall here?

These prophecies have ALWAYS had the ability to be fulfilled!

Again, that's why Christians have ALWAYS believed they were living in the last days.

This is incorrect people in these places have more cable and internet then we do in the states. The reason? They get it for free. Why do you think online gaming is so popular in Asian countries and the like?

Somehow I don't you understand what "third world countries" means.

Dark Virtue said:
THIS from a BennyHinninite?
Okay, in all fairness, I don't visit raptureready often. Yet, the name sounds like some guys I could love:) They did have the correct definition of the abomination of desolation and I grabbed them in a rush to get ready for church.

Dark Virtue said:
I believe that we will see the combination of those signs in unison in vast proportions. Granted, they could all be taken in most of history as being fulfilled, but I don't think we can ever fully comprehend #11 like in the days of Noah, even as wicked as the world progresses year by year. God is patient, longsuffering, and full of grace and mercy on this wicked generation. I also think that the Gospel being preached all over the world has not been possible nor taken place until now. Regardless of what may be argued on any point, the abomination of desolation, Solomon's Temple being built in its exact location is not possible at the moment and it will more than likely take a Holy War for that prophecy to be fulfilled. That is the only one that is not complete.

DV? Will you give your opinion on this matter?
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=118477#post118477

Last edited:
Korea is not the third world. Dehli is not the third world. Somalia, Eritrea, the Congo - these are the third world. Bangladesh is.

Places that don't have phones, running water or electricity - never mind cable TV and broadband internet.

Dark Virtue said:
Am I talking to a brick wall here?

These prophecies have ALWAYS had the ability to be fulfilled!

Again, that's why Christians have ALWAYS believed they were living in the last days.

Im afraid your wrong about that DV. Never in the past has there been the ability to track all the people in the world so that they can or cant buy or sell. The computers able to handle this load have only recently come into existence, plus the ability to track the people, be it implanted chips(becoming very popular), credit cards, bank accounts. Please tell me how this was possible 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 years ago.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4

Yet another sign. Granted, this could be considered relative to each generation. Nevertheless, with the Internet, we are fast increasing knowledge like never before. Granted, seeing each prophecy fulfilled could be mistaken since the beginning, causing us each to believe we are in the end times. Nevertheless, the rebuilding of the temple, the Jews once again offering sacrifices, then being banned...that seems to be the last sign that is not yet completed.

He tells us that He will come quickly. I believe this is often misinterpreted. For He is coming in the twinkling of an eye, WHEN it is time, it will be that fast!

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. I Corinthians 15:52

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

There is a way to be ready! Believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved...even if we are not here during the end times!

Arkanjel said:
Im afraid your wrong about that DV. Never in the past has there been the ability to track all the people in the world so that they can or cant buy or sell. The computers able to handle this load have only recently come into existence, plus the ability to track the people, be it implanted chips(becoming very popular), credit cards, bank accounts. Please tell me how this was possible 800, 1000, 1500, 2000 years ago.

Sorry, to which prophecy were you referring to?

Marcylene said:
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. Daniel 12:4

Yet another sign. Granted, this could be considered relative to each generation. Nevertheless, with the Internet, we are fast increasing knowledge like never before. Granted, seeing each prophecy fulfilled could be mistaken since the beginning, causing us each to believe we are in the end times. Nevertheless, the rebuilding of the temple, the Jews once again offering sacrifices, then being banned...that seems to be the last sign that is not yet completed.

He tells us that He will come quickly. I believe this is often misinterpreted. For He is coming in the twinkling of an eye, WHEN it is time, it will be that fast!

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. I Corinthians 15:52

And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. Revelation 22:12

There is a way to be ready! Believe on the LORD Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved...even if we are not here during the end times!

The word translated quickly is tachu, which means "without delay".

Sounds like SOON to me.

Dark Virtue said:
The word translated quickly is tachu, which means "without delay".
Yes, it also means suddenly and by surprise.

I don't think it will be shocking to anyone to learn that as for our views on God's Word, we have differing polarity's! You seem to look at the Bible and try your hardest to find error. I on the other hand, as with many Christians, take the Word by faith. We choose to believe in Him and know that He is to be trusted and taken at His Word. If something seemingly is awry, I realize that it is my misunderstanding of the Word, not the Word. I mourn to think that you cannot see a difference in my brothers and sisters in Christ, realize they are not attempting to lead anyone astray, and care from the heart for others. That should be proof that God is a God of His Word, and that He does make a difference! He will come again, just as He promised.

Last edited:
No, I look at it objectively. I don't try and read into it what I want it to say.

IF God keeps his word, why did he say he was coming SOON and still not show up 2,000 years later?

Dark Virtue said:
No, I look at it objectively. I don't try and read into it what I want it to say.

IF God keeps his word, why did he say he was coming SOON and still not show up 2,000 years later?

Remark #1 resented.

He never said SOON!

I bet Johnny Pope can answer your questions far better than I. May I ask him to pay you a visit?

Marcy, how can you say you are objective when you aren't willing to admit that your belief in God could harbor even the smallest probablity of being wrong?

Luke 21:32"I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Rev 22:7 "Behold, I am coming soon! Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy in this book."

Rev 22:12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done.

There is not enough space left in this issue to analyze all of the New Testament passages that warned of an imminent return of Jesus, so I can only quote some of them and comment briefly on selected ones. The writer of 1 Peter said, "But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers" (4:7). James likewise said that "the coming of the Lord is at hand" (5:8). John warned, "Little children, it is the last hour; and as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come, by which we know that it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18). In his letter to the church at Philadelphia, Jesus said, "Behold, I am coming quickly" (Rev. 3:11), and this warning was repeated three times at the end of Revelation (22:7, 12, 20). The word quickly should not be interpreted to mean that whenever Jesus does come again, his coming will take place quickly, because the word translated "quickly" in all four verses was tachu, which conveyed the sense of "shortly," "soon," and "without delay." In other words, the writer of Revelation had Jesus warning that he was coming "soon" or "shortly."
Farrell Till

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Farrel Till? You and your sources! Why, pray tell, would I believe what he says?

DV, that is one of the problems that I have with other versions! At the very best, it is someone else interpreting Scripture. The verse reads:

Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. Revelation 22:7

Quickly, as I have explained as in the twinkling of an eye:

Gosh some of the things dv brings out is astounding but One thing still remains is the coming, so like when there is a empty forum and no one to argue or debate with then what!!!! Look things are foretold and the signs r right on the money! It was foretold about Jesus's first coming in the beginning of the Bible. Do you have a clue what they said then. I don't but it is a fact he was born and he also died for YOU n me... End of Time yes everyday only because I choose to follow and Yes it is a choice! One that "everyone" has to make! So whats it gonna be Yes or No, no maybe's enter. There is no point n finding out what day week or yr Our Christ returns just live as he would and fear not>>>>

Back