Downing bosses faster

once you have the BoP gems created you can socket them later w/o being JC.

Hmm you are right, you do need shadoweave to wear the pieces..oh well, guess i lose enchanting instead.

Odale you want to hear something funny... All this talk of Min/Max and I accidentally went to the raid tonight PvP specced with no threat reduction talents! I died on just about every pull! Talk about epic fail!

Last edited:
Odale you want to hear something funny... All this talk of Min/Max and I accidentally went to the raid tonight PvP specced with no threat reduction talents! I died on just about every pull! Talk about epic fail!
I have done that before, but I was not PVP specced... ask Sazul.

this lwing idea seems like it would work with all the lwers we have , im currently 365 on linnk working towards 375 and can make that drum to lvl my skill along with drums of panic after it.

you also need to keep the tailoring profs to get the spellstrike bonus, which at the time, was why i went to tailoring.

then again, i have maybe one piece of tailored items that i typically wear, which i have a replacement for, so aside from Boots of Blasting which are BoP...may switch to something else for a bit.

I think it's a little odd that we are talking about min/maxing with drums and whatnot when strategy and execution are far more important at our stage of raiding. We aren't failing to take down bosses because our DPS is a little lower than it could be. If we were fighting a boss like Brutallis then I could see pushing for every little bit of DPS we could to get us over the hump but... we aren't. If people want to pick up leatherworking for the extra boost that's fine but other professions are probably giving just as much reward right now. I personally wouldn't ever give up engineering for some drums. More DPS is always good and "could" help us down some bosses, but IMO a focus on sound execution would do much more in the long run and would build confidence in our teamwork.

We aren't a hardcore raiding guild and our raiding roster changes weekly. Our "Raider" rank players do a great job of showing up and doing what is needed every week (for the most part)but... Experience is a HUGE part of raiding and always will be. It takes time to learn bosses and with different people showing up each week this is difficult. With lower end raids it's easier to make due with what you have and as long as 10-15 people have been there before you should be able to pull it off. The further along in raiding difficulty we are (BT,MH) the more each player is vital to success. As someone said earlier a dead player is no good to the raid. We should always be asking ourselves... why did I die? and how can I prevent it next time?

I hope I don't sound preachy I just don't ever see the guild forcing this issue.

good stuff indeed! We should totally have more threads discussing Strategy and Execution!

Last edited:
I thought "Make sure to complement Avesther on his latest +healing item" was #1?

Ego ftw...

Rule 1 - Don't die
Rule 2 - Don't do anything that wipes the raid
Rule 3 - Don't tick Avesther off, hes in charge of the healing group and no heals for you means no heals for you!!!

Last edited:
Back