Does God believe in you?

Since you are just passing through and believe that the rapture could occur any day now, are you planning on going to college? Getting a job? Getting in a serious relationship, getting married, having kids? Any of this?

Or do you simply stay in your room praying and waiting for the rapture?

I never said I belive the raptire could occur anyday.. but we should always act that way so when the lord does come we will be busy in his work.

I do plan to go to college once I have the required finances.
I am currently seeking a job.
Getting married and have kids is my main goal in life.

Im staying in my room because no Jobs have called me back...

Finances + College = needed for a family which if they are saved will be eternal as well. Sure there is no marrieg in Heaven but she will still be my partner and I will then have brought how ever many children into heaven as well.

Well Paul said...

1 Corinthians 7:8
Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am.

And Jesus said...

Matthew 19
21 Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."

Why the need for a temporary job, a temporary education, a temporary family and a temporary partner?

If you believe you in the last days, how do you know you have time to do any of that?

But you said this life and everything in it was temporary.

Several times you said that you don't want to have anything to do with this scuzzy temporary world. Remember?

So why bother with all this stuff if it's only temporary?

And why bother finding a wife when Paul says it's good to stay unmarried?

he didn't mean EVERYTHING like literallly. in a sense you do know but u just want to prove us wrong. no big deal, but you DO know that right?
sad.gif

That's what he said, so I assume that is what he meant.

He said it several times, EMPHATICALLY.

I don't believe I took anything he said out of context.

And NO, I don't want to prove everything you say as wrong.

But if you say something wrong, believe me, I'm going to point it out.

Now please, stop blaming me for things I have not done. You are making a habit of that lately.

I didnt say everything in life was temporary... Everything in this wolrd that is physical is temporary... as what is physical will not leave this place...

Love isnt contained here... if you destroy the hardware (body) the software (heart, soul or however you refer to it) get uploaded elsewhere. But your money, cars, prostitutes or whatever you enjoy here will be gone forever.. there are no Doctors on the other side... so, being a doctor is temporary.

Being a doctor is temporary? So no use being a doctor?

Exactly what profession ISN'T temporary?

And you haven't addressed what Paul said about remaining single.

No permenant use in being a Doctor... you can keep the fact that you helped poeple, but you dont need to be a doctor to do that.

No Professions exist in heaven.... except singer lol

Woman was created for man.. Thats what I have to say about the thing with Paul... Sure you can go through your life without being married but then whoever you were created for would be missing out.

I'm confused now.

You have been adamant about this world being horrible and scuzzy, but now you're saying that there are wonderful things you can get out of this little, temporary existence.

Which is it?

Don't doctors heal people, God's people? Why is that not useful in this temporary existence? After all, you have asserted that God heals through medicine, not through miracles, so wouldn't being a doctor be a GOOD thing?

The world is horibble and scuzzy and there is a possibillity of finding love here.

Being a doctor is a good thing... but once you leave this Earth all of those years you spent in college and all of that experice is meaningless... we dont need doctors in heaven.

Who said God doesnt use miracles?

That's my point Byblos.

If everything in this world means nothing, then what is the point of doing them or attaining them if they mean nothing in the next world?

There is no point in doign anything that isnt permenant... finally you undesrtand why I belive you to be wasting your life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There is no point in doign anything that isnt permenant

So if careers aren't permanent, why get one?

If education isn't permanent, why get one?

I'm sure you could find a wife without a career or an education. Especially one that shares your outlook on life.

My point Byblos, is that there ARE things worth doing in this life. There are things to enjoy HERE and NOW.

Byblos, if for no other reason, you should accept the importance of things in this world because you don't know for certain that Jesus is coming back within your lifetime.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Byblos, if for no other reason, you should accept the importance of things in this world because you don't know for certain that Jesus is coming back within your lifetime

What? He is for certain! You are doing something that will have no lasting effect, in this world or the next! Byblos has hope and so do I for an eternal life. It says clearly in the Bible that Jesus WILL return. We are doing something helpful to this world and preparing for eternity, that's the point of this life.

Back