Denouncing other Religions

Status
Not open for further replies.
No religion can be proven logically (by the human mind) and that's the way it's supposed to be. If there was a religion that can be proven, obviously everybody would believe in it and there would be hardly any chance for free choice or faith. The point of religions is to have faith, just like Ephesians 2:8 says "For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift...". But here's what I can tell you about the God I serve; He has brought me out of so many situations that he deserves more praise than I give Him, He's came through for me when there was no other way, when I was down in the depths of my own sin, He reached down, wiped me off and made me whole again. DV, you probably don't understand what I'm talking about, but if you ever do give my God a chance, He'll prove himself to you, no need to look for "logical" facts.

Goose62 said:
No religion can be proven logically (by the human mind) and that's the way it's supposed to be.

Why is that the way it's "supposed" to be? Who made up that rule?

[/quote] If there was a religion that can be proven, obviously everybody would believe in it and there would be hardly any chance for free choice or faith. [/quote]

That makes no sense. Example, George W Bush has been proven to exist...does that mean you are forced to be a Republican? Or do you have free will to choose to follow him or not?

The point of religions is to have faith, just like Ephesians 2:8 says "For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is God's gift...".

There's a HUGE difference between having Faith in your God and having faith that he exists. Example, during the Exodus, the Israelites didn't need to have faith that God existed, because he was right there in front of them, but they lacked Faith in his ability to care for them. See the difference?

But here's what I can tell you about the God I serve; He has brought me out of so many situations that he deserves more praise than I give Him, He's came through for me when there was no other way, when I was down in the depths of my own sin, He reached down, wiped me off and made me whole again. DV, you probably don't understand what I'm talking about, but if you ever do give my God a chance, He'll prove himself to you, no need to look for "logical" facts.

Some would call that coincidence.

Trust me, I DO understand what you are talking about because I, like many atheists, were once Christian. No amount of prayers or tears amounted to one iota of proof.

It's amazing how people follow logic in every facet of life, but throw it to the wayside when it comes to religion.

Like Christians saying nonbelievers are sinful wastes of clay that are doomed to hell?
Has anyone you have ever talked to in this forum ever say that nonbelievers are sinful wastes of clay? Sorry, but your making stuff up...

I'm confident the Christians here will tell you all of man kind are sinners. They will also tell you that all of mankind are deserving of hell. The only perfect man undeserving of hell was Jesus Christ.
Sometimes you need to step back and observe the trees that make up the forest.
I know your an out of the box thinker way above us mere Christians, but maybe your also generalizing things that aren't there?

I'm glad about that Goose, I'm really glad that faith in your God helped you through.

One of the reasons why I'm so uncomitted to a religion, even the loose one I currently seem to believe in, is that when my life went to pieces I didn't have that safety net. It was up to me to hold my guts in and try and make it a few more days, a few more weeks, another month until all of a sudden it became fun to be alive again.

It was fun because of new friends and new interests and new surroundings and a new job. Nowhere was a God involved. And you'd better believe I asked for help - because I was about a handful of anti-depressents away from a razors kiss or suicide by cop.

It stayed hard for something like 3 years and I've lost count of the number of times I almost didn't make it.

What? unseen hands? Woot their there and why hmm door was possibly open or something was seen that you have yet to see yourself.As for dis'n other religions yeh in my mind maybe(plz forgive) but its not so much a dis but a sadness that their minds and arrogance will not allow them to follow what is tru.. Correct faith is so much more than just believing in God.Yep without a doubt there is false doctrines and yes alot of them are very easy to spot WHEN you use Love as your guide...So no dis just REACH!!!!! oops did i forget the P!! or did I?

Master~Plan said:
Has anyone you have ever talked to in this forum ever say that nonbelievers are sinful wastes of clay? Sorry, but your making stuff up...

Thanks for calling me a liar, I appreciate that.

I have, in fact, had people here say that. Not just nonbelievers, but Christians as well, have been described that way.

I'm confident the Christians here will tell you all of man kind are sinners. They will also tell you that all of mankind are deserving of hell. The only perfect man undeserving of hell was Jesus Christ.

How is that different than what I said?

I know your an out of the box thinker way above us mere Christians, but maybe your also generalizing things that aren't there?

You may want to curb your vitriolic sarcasm, I believe it's affecting your objectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back