Class Availability

Warlocks were over powered. I know I was doing more damage consistently than better geared ranged.

Death Knight tanks got their healing power nerfed. It's a good thing, since I calculated that a Mastery-hogging DK tank in Cata could feasibly be invulnerable about 60% of the time when fighting.

So for those who aren't palying anymore, Blizz did instate all of the new race/class combos with the Shattering patch this past week. The only thing not yet available is the worgen/goblin race/classes. In a bid to keep things interesting, when Eric rolled his new human hunter I bet him all of Jermayan's gold that he couldn't hit 80 before the Cataclysm on Dec 7. So that's approximately 4000G on the line...

Thats an interesting bet, considering I am absolutely positive I could do that if I were currently traveling, even starting today. I think the reasonable limit is about 7 days real time though, even playing hard core (which I would have to do). Although, for best results, I would pick a tankable class and level him as such through the LFG tool.

On a dare, I leveled a Tauren warrior on a new server, so had no advantage of any gold or heirloom items. This only took about 4 to 5 days 'played' but took place over a few months so part of that was using rest XP. I leveled Mining, BS, first aid, cooking, and fishing along the way though, so I could have done it in less time.

Given leveling ONLY, with gold and heirlooms, 20% reduced Xp required 70-80, but no rest time, four days 'Played' is still reasonable.

Last edited:
But all of those advantages turned out to be squat, Ron . . .

if you happen to be a teacher.

Jason - you're gold is safe. LOL

Eric

Back