Class Availability

Cypher

Hey Y'all!

Does anyone know if the class additions (i.e. Human Hunter) will be available to everybody or just those with the Cataclysm expansion?

I personally would love to get a human hunter soon. :D

I would think it would be. I think i read somewhere that all the new 1-60 content will be available for classic players but nothing new from 80-85. Could be wrong but i thought i read that somewhere.

1. They will be available to all players, not just those with Cataclysm.
2. They will not be playable until the day Cataclysm comes out.

I was told that the new classes are available to everyone, and will be available on November 7th, rather than the day of the Cataclysm release.

I was told that the new classes are available to everyone, and will be available on November 7th, rather than the day of the Cataclysm release.

Just checked. The classes haven't become available (yet). I'm guessing it probably won't be until Cataclysm's release.

I'm thinking that maybe if my dreams come true they might be available after the Tuesday patch.

Or maybe I should just give it up, there isn't THAT much time 'til Cata.

I'm thinking that maybe if my dreams come true they might be available after the Tuesday patch.

Or maybe I should just give it up, there isn't THAT much time 'til Cata.

How long have you waited so far? I'm guessing just waiting another month probably won't dampen your spirits too much :)

Yeahhh, it didn't show up this patch either, lol. I don't have to wait too much longer! I just feel like I'm twelve and waiting for Christmas. 20 days~!!

Rumour is now that the new classes will be available as soon as we get The Shattering, which is the patch coming on Tuesday. This will also be when the world we know changes. Ahhhhhh, so excited~!!!

I don't know that it will be this Tuesday. My instinct tells me it won't be 'til next Tuesday or even until the 6th (although that's a Monday, so it's unlikely.)

new classes are never available unless u have the expansion that has them so I can not see them doing that

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2086-Patch-4.0.3a-on-live-realms-this-week

What's in Patch 4.0.3a
Sammew posted an interesting list of the features you should and should not expect in Patch 4.0.3a on the official forums. Zarhym also jumped in, and announced a 20% reduction to the XP required to gain levels from 71 to 80.

What is not in:
•Creating worgen/goblin characters
•Worgen/Goblin start zones
•Archeology
•Professions past 450 (Illustrious Grand Master)
•Guild leveling
•Guild achievements
•Eastern Kingdoms/Kalimdor flight
•New Zones (80+)

What is in:
•Portals in Dalaran/Shattrath Removed
•Class trainers in Dalaran where portals once were
•New race-class combinations (excluding worgen/goblin)
•New Gnome/Troll starting areas
•Changes to existing zones
•New cata load screens
•New cata intro cinematic
•New cata login screen
•New music
•City Quartermasters, with rep tabards
•Bug fixes
•Class balancing
•Druids, paladins, priests, and shaman will have their talent trees reset
•Experience required to gain levels 71 through 80 is being reduced by 20%
•New tamable hunter pets (Monkey, fox, dog, and beetle, as well as new skins for existing pet classes.)

I was looking through the patch notes. Warlocks sure got hit hard (12% damage reduction pretty much across the board). I guess Golias wont be over powered anymore.

I was looking through the patch notes. Warlocks sure got hit hard (12% damage reduction pretty much across the board). I guess Golias wont be over powered anymore.

*gulp*

Guess I'd better check for a mage nerf in those notes too. But that's o.k. - according to Adam I just get carried all the time anyway (I jest, and I kinda hope at this point he is too? hehe)

It seemed like Warlocks were doing really awesome every time I got into an ICC with at least one. Maybe warlock players are all just supreme in skill? haha! Actually are there any stats to support how deadly Shadow priests can be as well? Maybe they aren't over powered but they are pretty incredible. My only successful LK fight was with 3 warlocks and one shadow priest. I ended up third (barely) in dps behind the best lock and the shadow priest. The other two warlocks were right on my tail as well.

Back