Civilization 4

That is awesome!

I had to give up my pre-order of Civ 4 in order to buy DoW and Winter Assault. I'm hoping that Civ 4 has some low system requirements and I can still get it for Christmas or later and run it on my old laptop. It'd be a great game to take with me when I deploy for six months.

Well, Gamestop has bought out EB. The change is just still in the works. I use Gamestop pretty much exclusively, as long as they have copies in stock of what I need.

Aye but they just finalized it months later so at this point they're not integrated at all really. Another couple months there's be no competition in most of the country as far as exclusive game stores go.:mad: Have your pre-ordered stuff from Gamestop before, do they stick all kinds of nasty junk on it, or do they even leave stuff in it's shrink wrap unlike EB?:mad:

Speaking of descents into madness I just realized Call of Cthuhlu and the console BF2 both come out the same day as Civ4.:eek: Someone in charge of scheduling these things is very, very cruel.

amusedtoe said:
Speaking of descents into madness I just realized Call of Cthuhlu and the console BF2 both come out the same day as Civ4.:eek: Someone in charge of scheduling these things is very, very cruel.

Welcome to the holiday season of release dates. :rolleyes:

For anyone who can't wait the final 6 days here's a pretty good page of stuff on the game to whip you into a fervor.

TOMMAROW!!!:eek:

*starts reaserching Cure For Addiction completed in 398 turns*
*changes research to Feudlism*

Now someone else post so there's not 18 in a row from me.:p

Oh me, oh my. I just watched the Gamespot video review. They gave Civ IV a 9.4! So far the users are giving it a 9.7!!! Gamespot is a hard grader of games.

I've got to find a way to come up with some cash on the first of the month. I NEED THIS GAME! :)

Too good.

So much fun.... must not let it suck all my time away...

Seriously though - this Civ is what we've been waiting for. The systems are just so well done and refined. Also I think for the long term there's so much potential. Everything is coded in XML and Python, and they're going to release the AI development tool in January as well. So much moddability potential to extend its gaming life.

Alright I'm in trouble. After only a day of playing I'm already dreaming I'm playing it the whole time I'm asleep.:D

I'd been playing Civ3 again since I was getting horribly impatient, and that's before it got pushed to Wednesday, and the difference is night and day. Civ 4's a totally different game and bloody crack. I'm shocked I even managed to get to bed and go to work today.;)

I have my unopened copy sitting right here next to me at work... muahahahahahaha... No sleep for me tonight. :)

Back