Canada's Government Funding Anti-Christian Organization

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
No, the problem is that her organization receives funding from the Canadian government to support her hatemongering.

But it's not HER organization is it? They simply support her.

I have nothing wrong with the government providing funding on a non-bias basis.

I also beleive it is one of the duty of the government to uphold the Canadian constitution.

I think (and expect that) the government would quickly pull the funding from a pro-life organization who had as its spokesperson somebody who supported the idea of bombing abortion clinics and killing doctors who perform abortions.

The problem here is, the government is in effect, providing support to an organization who has as it spokeswoman (I bet she hates the fact I called her that) a person who engages in verbal terrorism.

Any comments on this portion of the article?

Frulla suggested she was well aware of the activities of pro-CAN, but found no objection to funding the anti-Christian group with public monies. "Each application is assessed according to a stringent set of objectives and criteria . . . Please be assured that the initiatives cited in your letter, which did indeed receive funding, met all of the above-mentioned objectives and eligibility criteria."

Eon said:
Because bombing clinics and shooting doctors is like running your mouth off... ...how?

Neither take a whole lot of intellegence to do?

Words have incited more then its fair share of hate, riots and wars. Probably the history of every war can be traced back to mere words between people.

Free speech protects the right of people to voice thier opinions, it doesn't protect peoples ability to spread hate.

DV:

Just because a group meets these (or any of the) criteria set out by the government, doesn't mean they should receive funding.

Canada provided funding to many known Islamic Jihad terrorist cells knowingly and willingly because the front charitable organizations that were set up to receive the funding met the criteria.

I think goverments have proven they make mistakes with accusations. Remember they sent Cat Stevens back to england because his name was on the FBI watch list. I don't know about u but The guy who wrote Father and Son can't be a terrorist. Plus a few month before got sent back Prince Charles visited one of his schools to show not all muslums are bad. I don't know about u but, but u would think MI-5 would do a backround check on one of the owners of the school, because if he was a terrorist it would be bad publicity.
Also I guessing Terrorist cells arn't putting on their application, ocupation: Terrorist.
Remember Cat Stevens one of the best musicians of all time.

Gods_Peon said:
DV:

Just because a group meets these (or any of the) criteria set out by the government, doesn't mean they should receive funding.

Canada provided funding to many known Islamic Jihad terrorist cells knowingly and willingly because the front charitable organizations that were set up to receive the funding met the criteria.

Agreed, but you are making two different arguments.

I was just wondering if you were arguing Free Speech or the support of Joyce Arthur by a government body. I think they are two separate topics.

Unless you live in Canada my advice is say nothing. I live in Canada and I say I want out. Canada is a beatiful country to live in but there is to much red tape up here . Just pray for this country and those who hold authority here.

I'm guessing u're looking forward to the elections. They'll probobly happen around Jan, if they ever happen. I don't think Jack Layton (sry can't spell his name) really wants another election.

Back