Canada's Government Funding Anti-Christian Organization

The Canadian government is a cesspool of corruption, a living result of attempting to remove concrete morality in favor of a more fluid set of ethics and morality. The reality is, the party that is accusing another party of Nazi like tactics, are indeed themselves, the ones practicing it. But thats ok, so long as the morality of society and moreso, the governments, continues to be fluid, bending to the will of vile and dishonest instead of grounding itself in a concrete set of right and wrong, good and bad, decent and indecent moral\ethical structure.

I don't see whats wrong?
The group supports abortion, which is legal in canada. Joyce Arthur is a athiest, but she is just one member in the group. She has alot of articles on religion, evolution, and pro choice, which I'm not really sure of.
And as for prostiution, yesterday in the news the mayor of vancouver was on talking about how they are going to look at it and make it safer. Its the same thing they did for heroin addicts, and making a safe injection site. Which is funded by tax payers. And since ottowa is looking at it too. We'll probobly have a red light district in every city in canada in two years.

The group is for abortion which is their right. Christians are against abortion that is their right. I'm against safe injection sites and the special treatments natives get from taxes to fishing thats my right. The goverment can't make everyone happy.

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/News/2005/10/31/1285826-sun.html

You don't see what's wrong with this?

Joyce Arthur said:
Pro-CAN accuses pro-life Christians of being "religious fanatics" who do "little or nothing for children once they are born." She says pro-life Christians are "anti-woman and anti-child," have views which are "uninformed, sexist, cruel," and lack the ability to empathize which "breeds intolerance, hate crimes, and war." Ms. Arthur says that the pro-lifer's attitude towards women is like "the slaveholder's attitude to blacks, and the Nazi's attitude to Jews."

Bold emphasis mine. How is that NOT hatemongering?

Again, I'll just point out, that in Canada, it is often the accuser that is the guilty party of their accusations, not the accused. This is done in hopes of distracting people from the truth. This happens at the highest levels of government, which is why it has become morally and politically acceptable to degrade and downtrode those who don't subscribe to fluid morals and ethics.

Also, the accusor in this case is bringing up nothing pertinent to their case. They are bringing up words and images that are emotionally charged so as that if anybody dares to disagree with them, they are considered Nazi's, in effect. This is bogus, pure hatemongering on their part. They prove in their own statement that they are guilty of what they accuse other of. They prove their attitude towards those who differ in opinion is that of Nazi Germany, persecute those who differ.

U're looking at one member in the group. I don't see whats the problem. Thats like picking one member in toj who made a offencive comment and using it against everyone in toj. Which is like Bin Laden being against american forign policy and instead of only targeting the people incharge of creating the policy, targets all americans.

Pro-CAN spokesperson Joyce Arthur

This is one of that organization's appointed spokespersons. Therefore, they do speak for the entire organization. If someone was appointed spokesperson for ToJ, then your argument might hold water, but I think the only person that might be held accountable for speaking for all of us would be Tek.

but those quotes come from her personal articles from the net. Not from her comments as spokesperson. U don't know if its before she was part of pro can when she wrote it or not. And since I also think she is a little bit over in lala land I don't feel like going through her articles to find out when those comments were written. Also are there anti pro choice groups getting funding from the government. Maybe we should look in to that, I doubt it since abortion is legal, and it would be like the government funding pro marijuana groups.
Plus is only tek accountable, or should it be all of leadership/admin on cga and toj. After all they are the ones who moderating the board and voting on rules. And if thats the case this should be interesting. :)

yea I love bushism sites, they have the greatist quotes. Also I think Bush sometimes makes their job a little easy.

This is not at all surprising. There are many other immoral (hence anti-Christian) organizations sponsered by the Canadian government. This is not something that Canada has a monopoly on though. Our own U.S government does the same on a daily basis.

Being a Christian nation is a thing of the past unless God performs a miracle.

Gandhi said:
yea I love bushism sites, they have the greatist quotes. Also I think Bush sometimes makes their job a little easy.

Never seen a president that didn't make it easy:)

Last edited:
Joyce Arthur is a prominent Anti-christian\Anti-religion social activist in Canada. And very, very conterversial. Her comments are quite inline with her previous and current writtings and opinions.

My understanding is that the problem isn't necessarily with Joyce Arthur, but that the Status of Women Canada supported her.

Is that correct?

Their not supporting her they are supporting abortion, which is legal. I don't see the problem, its my understanding Pro-Can funds abortion clinics.

Dark Virtue said:
My understanding is that the problem isn't necessarily with Joyce Arthur, but that the Status of Women Canada supported her.

Is that correct?

No, the problem is that her organization receives funding from the Canadian government to support her hatemongering.

Here is the funding guidelines

What is eligible?

Initiatives which:
• fall within the Women's Program mandate;
• address one or more of the Program's objectives and Areas of Focus;
• involve women who are affected in all aspects of the initiative (e.g., planning, implementation, follow-up, and evaluation) and address their concerns; and
• identify other potential sources of financial and/or "in kind" support.

Who is eligible?

• Women's organizations in Canada whose objectives are to promote equality for women in Canadian society; and
• other non-profit, voluntary organizations in Canada committed to equality for women in Canadian society (including ad hoc or permanent committees or coalitions of voluntary, non-profit organizations where women play a significant part in decision-making).

An organization must be able to demonstrate that:
• its principles, objectives and activities support the attainment of women's equality as defined in the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, The Federal Plan for Gender Equality, the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, and the Beijing Platform for Action;
• it operates democratically, or in other participatory ways, and represents its membership or constituency;
• the person responsible for the application has the organization's support; and
• the results of any funded initiative will be made accessible to the public and other organizations which promote women's equality in Canada.

What is not eligible?

• Provision of direct social or health services;
• emotional, spiritual, personal or professional development;
• initiatives which have already taken place;
• initiatives taking place outside Canada;
• recurring activities not directly related to a clearly defined change-oriented strategy.

http://www.swc-cfc.gc.ca/funding/wp/wpguidetx3_e.html#crit

Back