Atlantis

From research I did in high school I think most archeologists are under the impression that the real Atlantis was probably the settlement of Akrotiri on the island of Thera in the Aegean...as far as all the underwater stuff, I don't really care.

I belive in atlantis, but I also belive in dragons as a species and not only a "symbol"

It's like when you ask your sunday school teacher about magic, an they say it isn't real, to many christans just blow it of because it would be to radical to belive in it...

no to believe in magic and practice/ want to do it would be against God, plain and simple..... you would only be inviting demons into yourself. bash if you like eztral but i know a guy at school who (if you watch the opening scence to WC3-FT with illidian) he could do that. Basicly summons a big old storm... that is not from God and he even said so him self.

No, I didn't mean it like that, when I was very little one of my "lokal heroes" a boy who was 5 or 6 years older than me was seriously into magic, so I respect it and know its there, I for my part swear only to God, but I used is as an example, most christans today would just shrug at the mentioning of Dragons or atlantis, as your sundayschool teacher would say that magic is in the faritayles.

There isn't "magic", the only "magic" we know of that isn't just illusions is the power of Satan. That's why we shouldn't go to true fortune tellers, or anyone like that. ( Because they call upon Satan's power. )

well magic by term is unkown froce or something can't remember, the reason magic is so taboo is because the caster claims its his dooing, Yes I agree on you that its the power of satan, but I will call it magic, call it miracles of satan if you will, but Magic will do for me.

The reason Christans don't preform Magic is because its nothing mystical or hidden about it, we use the power given too us by God, for God.

Mages, spellcasters, witches, fortunetellers whomever claims is their doing, is using magic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The reason Christans don't preform Magic is because its nothing mystical or hidden about it
When you say that do you mean magic as in illusion or magick as in spellcasting? I am going to assume you were speaking of spellcasting. I would say most christians dont practice it because they believe God commands us not to. I actually would love to practice it but I do not believe God would have me do such things. I was actually thinking about getting into kabbalah using the loophole of its not really magic and the Rabbies did it so it must be ok. Then I was reading Leviticus 19:26 which states "Do not eat any meat with the blood still in it. Do not practice divination or sorcery.". The word divination would most likely be speaking of things such as kabbalah. However the word sorcery may or may not be refering to magick but rather drug use although I am unsure. However in revelation 9:21 magick is clearly condemned. Revelation 9:21 "Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts." Also Revelation 21:8 "But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all the liars their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.".

There are probably hundreds of ancient civilizations, islands, and maybe even continents that don't exist anymore. I believe Atlantis' could have possibly been one of them.

God meant every form of magic. You cannot call on the power of Satan if you are a Christian, and why would you want to? God can do greater things through a person then Satan could ever do.

a Christian in theory could do magic, if in his heart he truely called upon satan to do it, but then it comes down to is this person truely a Christian ect.... which is a whole nother debate

LOL, are you people serious? Well, if you know how I can learn about doing magic, please tell me. I want to be able to do it.

Just sell your soul to Satan, GM, on a hilltop during a full moon. Cut yourself a few times for good measure, too.

Magic is real, and is used with the help of demons, thats my standpoint on it. as for atlantis... it could have existed or could not have. i dont know much bout it so i cant really say.

Don't mock "magic", I've seen freaky things in my time, timor and Master. Mocking it is to show your ignorance, and it is nothing to take lightly.

I do believe that magic is a force drawn from demonic power, perhaps the demons themselves really perform the acts I've seen, but let's just say that when you see a CD come flying at your face, and it stops in your face, nearly in your eye, you start to think something more might be happening than just some strings and mirrors act.

Van

I have no doubt that demonic or magical powers can be manifested sometimes. As Vanaze said, it is nothing to be taken lightly, but in my opinion, it is nothing that we as Christ's followers need to fear.

I love the way that YOUR magic is miracles, whereas mine is simple illusions or the work of demons.

It's this aspect of Christianity that I find the ugliest, frankly.

honestly almost all of these faith healings that i see on TV and hear about i am very sceptical of, it very well could be the work of demons in my oppion because most of the time the people doing it will heal then its a shameless 9.99 plug or something......

Back