• Tuesday Evening

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday Evening

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

one2dredd

Tribe of Judah Aion Chapter Leader
If you would like to learn PvP I am willing to teach you how. I am sure Dorkelf would help as well. What I would like to do is find out if there is interest and what night is best for everyone. What you will need for the class. Teamspeak is highly recommended. If we were serious about PvP I would say 100% necessary. So if your interested vote in the poll and post away! Please no Spam it will be deleted and you may be reported thank you. Monday evening Option would be before Monday night PvP like 6 or 7 Eastern.

I'll try to contain my surprise.

Yea, I'm more than happy to help new people get started with PvP. I frequently spam alliance asking if anyone wants to learn but nobody has ever pm'ed me back. Unfortunately new people most frequently come at the last minute and we often have to turn them down because they don't have the build/skills we need.

One possible alternative to having a seperate training day would be opening up one of our standard PvP days (Mon or Fri) to practice and training, maybe once a month or so.

Paul

actually, i don't have any PvP problems until i see abbreviations in chat (for example i used to not know what Bspike was but now i do)

maybe if you could list those, GW wouldn't be so confusing.

I am up for it!!! Tonight is all mine! Mine I tell you! I'm telling my wife right now uninterrupted game play.

I need to learn pvp... I am a newb at it.

/runs off to buy flowers and do lots of stuff around the house to earn home favor.

i am fairly a newb too and im game for tonight, Dylan Paul is my SN, Ive played with one2dredd the last 2 nights and im getting pretty comfortable playing a ViM trapper. Let me know what time or toss me an invite if you see me online. Later

Our regular PvP is normally Monday and Friday nights, usually starting at 10 PM EST. I would have invited both of you for our Monday night PvP this week, but of course the forums were down. :(

I'm thinking that maybe this Friday we should have a PvP training day rather than normal PvP. After the weekend a lot of us are probably a little tired of PvP anyway. So could you guys make it if we did training Friday, say 10-11 PM EST?

To be honest, I think the best PvP training is really AvA. Though it seems chaotic and intimidating at first, you really have a lot of flexibility with the build there, and even if you only have 3-4 people you can still make a team easily. Also there isn't any great detriment to the team when players don't having all the needed skills, runes, etc... and perhaps more importantly there's always a reward whether you win or lose. Only problem is everyone has to have Factions.

Paul

I'm thinking that maybe this Friday we should have a PvP training day rather than normal PvP. After the weekend a lot of us are probably a little tired of PvP anyway. So could you guys make it if we did training Friday, say 10-11 PM EST?

Great Idea Paul!

I would definately agree that I am feeling a little burned out on HoH after last weekend.

It will be interesting to check out how it affected the greater metagame in the coming weeks. ViMWAY gained some substantial popularity this weekend proving that we are ahead of our time. So, now that the masses are doing ViMWAY, we may need to consider finding something else to try. But in the meantime, we need to work to get more guild and alliance members comfortable with PvP.

I'll make another post to formally announce it, but lets plan on hanging out in the guild hall this Friday night and help people learn PvP in Team Arenas (TA), Alliance Battles (AB or AvA) or even a walkthrough of GvG using the scrimage mechanic to allow us to look around in the actual in-game environment.

I would agree that Alliance Battles are the most forgiving format to learn PvP in. With 3 teams of 4 on each side, you aren't tied into any large build where you need to worry about major interaction/coordination. Rezes are automatic and there is no DP to worry about. Best of all, you get actual in-game reward for participating regardless of win or loss (although wins give greater reward). Whenever someone from the opposing teams die, you get XP and Balthazaar faction. Even if you loose in the end you get Kurzick faction which you can eventually trade for amber or donate to the alliance.

I agree but I think TA is best place to learn. The difference between 8 man and TA are not as great as AvA vs 8 man HoH or GvG. Sadly I will not be around on Friday till late. Iwould like to try my new build sometime in HoH with 8 people and more damage!

Hey guys, I just wanted to pop on here and tell you guys thanks for holding my hand last weekend and teaching me PvP. I actually feel pretty comfortable with the ViM Trapper build thanks to the help of dredd and derk. (By the way Derk, i still have your staff) I actually got rank 2 through the weekend and have 84 fame. I am totally up for anything that you guys want to do on Friday night, unless it requires factions because i dont have it.

I actually thought it was really cool that you guys do a bible study on thursday evenings but i wont be able to make it because i have my church's bible study on thursday evening -- just wanted to say that its an awesome idea though.

Anyway, thanks a ton and i am really looking forward to getting to know all of you better in the future.

I am totally up for anything that you guys want to do on Friday night, unless it requires factions because i dont have it.

Hmm, I suppose Derk will be leading PvP tommorrow night, so keep an eye open for his post.

I'm not sure how many of our PvP 'trainees' have or don't have factions. I really hate to exclude anyone, and I'm fine with Team Arenas too - but really I think overall Team Arenas is less fun, less rewarding and higher-pressure than AvA. (With that said though, VIM trapping in TA with a ritualist has proven very, very effective - Dredd and others recently achieved a 10-win streak there with that build)

You know, I think it would be very cool if we had a 'loaner' account with factions and only pvp chars on it (with skills unlocked via the unlock packs) which we could make available to guildies who don't have factions or space for PvP characters. Unlocking upgrades/runes would be trickier, but as the account gains faction those things could be unlocked. As a tool for training folks for PvP, such a thing might be a worthwhile investment and I'd be more than happy to contribute to its purchase.

Paul

Im always in. But dont know how avalible I will be for the next month since my wife and I are moving at the end of the month and my internet access will be spotty at best. But I am game for PvP. Just let me know when and where.

Funny that this got bumped, I have been thinking about the idea of running arenas training at the beginning of each regular PvP event...pending Dredd's approval of course. We could train new people that way, and its a good way to have something constructive for people to do at the beginning of PvP instead of standing around in the GH. I think it would be good for experienced PVP players too...most of us can use faction, and its a good way to practice experimental or unfamiliar builds, or whatever build we'll be using in HoH. Good way to work out the kinks and problems so that we're really ready to win when we start the HoH track.

Paul

I liked your Idea of Balt Faction farming every night before PvP. I believe we will begin doing this!!

Great Idea!! I would love to learn how to pvp. Also would be nice to have some help in figuring out what skills i need or what skills benefit the group. I have been pvping in random arenas for awhile and just learned a couple weeks ago about elite skills.

Back